Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy one week anniversary
awkward smile GIF
One week doesn't define us ..

Orright, that’s a week gone since that shattering experience.

It’s clear to me that all further discussion will simply fall into whichever side of glass half full/glass half empty you land on, and given there’s no real answer to that yet, and may not be for quite some time (and given that although I love footy I know next to nothing about it and hence will be no use to anyone in off-season threads), I think I’ll refocus elsewhere now till we’re into the new year.

Thanks everyone for your always stimulating and often hilarious discussion, and thanks to the Swans for giving us (with one unfortunate exception) an absolutely wonderful and memorable season of football. Stellar.

All the best for Christmas and the new year (I know, a while off yet, but I’m dipping out now), stay safe, and i look forward to reconnecting with everyone next year.

BRING ON AFL SEASON 2025!

Orright, that’s a week gone since that shattering experience.

It’s clear to me that all further discussion will simply fall into whichever side of glass half full/glass half empty you land on, and given there’s no real answer to that yet, and may not be for quite some time (and given that although I love footy I know next to nothing about it and hence will be no use to anyone in off-season threads), I think I’ll refocus elsewhere now till we’re into the new year.

Thanks everyone for your always stimulating and often hilarious discussion, and thanks to the Swans for giving us (with one unfortunate exception) an absolutely wonderful and memorable season of football. Stellar.

All the best for Christmas and the new year (I know, a while off yet, but I’m dipping out now), stay safe, and i look forward to reconnecting with everyone next year.

BRING ON AFL SEASON 2025!
I'm unwatching this thread now

Meanwhile back at the Swans HQ, Club heavyweights have called in Corporate Charlie and a team of analysts to investigate the sudden fall in the Craig Bird Index which occurred after 3pm last Saturday. An unnamed Club source said that there is nothing to suggest that it is related to similar falls which occurred on the last Saturday in September in 2014 and 2022.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one isn’t getting any easier to swallow.

There’s something different about getting flogged in a gf when it was an accomplishment just to get there vs getting flogged in a grand final where you were far and away the best team in it all year and the expectation is win the flag

I disagree. Rampe has regressed. Yes. But his average is better than most best.
Still a force to be reckoned with.
The Great Dane.

Will be tough. The end comes quick, he was so far off the pace grand final day.

At the very least we need to ease the workload and reliance on him imo.

Everyone was off the pace. Is Gulden too old as well.
Agree with your last sentence.
He will be hard to replace.

No, Gulden looked disinterested and lazy, Rampe looked like he could not keep up with anyone.

He will be very hard to replace, is such a gun. I would like to see him playing a freerer role more often than he is currently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back