Sydney under Longmire

Remove this Banner Ad

What if he loses though? The result would be the same as our 2022 after a losing GF. The vultures were swooping on Bevo before the end of 2022 and they were squawking loudly by round two this year.
Sydney continuously stays competitive. It’s that whole Geelong, Hawthorn thing. They dip in and out but quickly rebuild to have another crack. They’ve got a lot of talent.

Sydney continuously stays competitive. It’s that whole Geelong, Hawthorn thing. They dip in and out but quickly rebuild to have another crack. They’ve got a lot of talent.
Hawthorn are not a great example. They haven’t won a final since 2015 and haven’t made finals in 5 years.

Beveridge has had one losing season in 9 seasons and has made finals 6 times, if we’re making the comparison.

So that doesn’t really explain why Longmire doesn’t face scrutiny. If they’re so talented surely they’d back up their GF appearance.

Hawthorn are not a great example. They haven’t won a final since 2015 and haven’t made finals in 5 years.

Beveridge has had one losing season in 9 seasons and has made finals 6 times, if we’re making the comparison.

So that doesn’t really explain why Longmire doesn’t face scrutiny. If they’re so talented surely they’d back up their GF appearance.
Let’s have this conversation if/when they beat Carlton. I’d argue for a side that got buried last year in the GF they’ve backed up very well. Hawthorn typically wins a flag every decade. They’re a great example and are on the way to being seriously good by about 2026-2028.

No passion or fire or emotion at full time. Didn't get out onto the ground to give his opponent a send-off. Quite simply does he care enough to get Sydney over the line? When is he going to start behaving like the proven elite and irreplaceable coaches in the competition?
Let it go.

Five grand finals in 14 seasons is some achievement.

The fact that he has lost 3 of the 4 the Swans have made to date under his stewardship is the downside.
Really comes down to next week. Another grand final loss has to go down as another failed season. Win next week and it’s looking much better.
But 1 in 5? That ain’t good.

Sydney have had 3 coaches in the last 28 years. 2 in the last 22. I think that is a big part of their success. Pick the right man and then stick with him.

Longmire could go 20 or 30 years if he wins this year. That kind of institutional consistency is priceless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supporters of successful clubs never appreciate all the wins along the way. The great H&A wins, rocking up knowing your team is going to win against a bottom club, the myriad great finals wins, the absolute joy of winning the prelim.

Supporters are way too selfish. Especially supporters who think a coach should be sacked because they've lost a couple of grand finals. The grass isn't always greener.

Supporters of successful clubs never appreciate all the wins along the way. The great H&A wins, rocking up knowing your team is going to win against a bottom club, the myriad great finals wins, the absolute joy of winning the prelim.

Supporters are way too selfish. Especially supporters who think a coach should be sacked because they've lost a couple of grand finals. The grass isn't always greener.
Say that to Port fans when it comes to Hinkley lol

I don't think my heart can take another Grand Final loss.

Still not sure what was worse, the two thumpings from Hawthorn and Geelong, or the umpire loss against the Bulldogs.
Sarcastic Joke GIF

Srsly? 3 or 4 losses in what, 50 years? SMH yet another reason you can't be a Pie ( I believe your teeth are in too good condition as well).
Umpire loss. I don't wish that upon my worst enemy.
Joaquin Phoenix Movie GIF

Sydney fans on their way to complain about umpires affecting Grand Finals

My problem with Longmire is he doesn't always seem to get where the Swans weaknesses are. We have been a very poor inside team for quite a number of years now, regularly getting our arses handed to us each and every week by all opposition teams, even bottom teams in that area, and yet Longmire really has not done anything about it.

The problem is that we can't win a flag with our midfield situation the way it is, and yet nothing changes.
Has the midfield changed since the 2022 AFL Grand final?

Has the midfield changed since the 2022 AFL Grand final?
The biggest change is the addition of Heeney and Grundy.

Up until this season Heeney had been played out of position in our forward line. Now he's playing in his natural position in the guts. In 2022 cats mids dominated and Heeney couldn't get a touch in our forwardline.

In 2022 we had a ruck (Hickey) who was playing injured and couldn't even jump. Grundy is a massive upgrade.

In 2022 we also had Ryan Clarke as a midfield tagger. James Jordon is a massive, massive upgrade.

Parker and Mills are no longer starting mids. Parker has been pushed out of our midfield and is playing primarily forward. Additionally Mills has been playing in defense.

I'm probably missing something but those are the changes that pop in my head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney under Longmire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back