Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?
shifty-eyes.gif

If Kelly is netting us band 2 or 3 compo I will drive him to the airport, and if that compo is immediately given up for Jordan Dawson then it's party Time.

I see Parker won their B&F

You better be giving a lot of money to the guy you value the highest, Swans... maybe even too much money :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So with Lynch and Talia, will clubs wait until they are delisted free agents or is there potential for them to come during the compo period, you'd think Lynch could be band 5 if CEY and Atkins were

We'll be able to up Matt Crouch's offer when our trade targets go Balmey

If we did pretty much a straight swap of McAsey for Francis, would anyone be too bothered with that?
Meh both worth 3rd rounders at the minute
Always thought Jones and Mchenry might come good despite the initial gloom, but haven't had that feeling with McAsey. Same as I felt with Nathan Bock in the early days though, so hope to be wrong again.

I swear, if Dawson goes to Port I might be devastated. But it's a big possibility, depending on how much cap they have
Port probably have some cap space.. but we’d easily blow them out of the water if need be..

and then just heavily front load it to clear a lot of it off the books straight up so as not to **** ourselves over in the coming years..

I’m struggling to see how we wouldnt have a massive amount of spare coin with all the players we have lost/retired/or in mcrouchs case lowballed in the last couple of years..

be interesting to know if we knocked a hundred or so thousand of tex’s old contract when we negotiated his new one this year.. probably just gave him another year at the same he was on though.. wish we waited!.. he’d have been a hell of a lot cheaper to keep now!

talia, lynch, brad crouch, possibly matt, betts money off the books this year as well as JJ’s, Gibbs money paid off.. Keath, mcgovern, Greenwood, dmac, atkins.. now all gone. thats a lot of big names and some middling types off the books.

and who have we replaced these guys with?.. no big money players at all.. just youngsters and delists from other clubs like Keays.. and all of them would be getting paid “relatively“ small salaries compared to the guys they replaced..

it is literally impossible for us not to have a massive pile of cash to burn.. and we also need to meet a minimum cap spend requirement.

Port probably have some cap space.. but we’d easily blow them out of the water if need be..

and then just heavily front load it to clear a lot of it off the books straight up so as not to fu** ourselves over in the coming years..

I’m struggling to see how we wouldnt have a massive amount of spare coin with all the players we have lost/retired/or in mcrouchs case lowballed in the last couple of years..

be interesting to know if we knocked a hundred or so thousand of tex’s old contract when we negotiated his new one this year.. probably just gave him another year at the same he was on though.. wish we waited!.. he’d have been a hell of a lot cheaper to keep now!

talia, lynch, brad crouch, possibly matt, betts money off the books this year as well as JJ’s, Gibbs money paid off.. Keath, mcgovern, Greenwood, dmac, atkins.. now all gone. thats a lot of big names and some middling types off the books.

and who have we replaced these guys with?.. no big money players at all.. just youngsters and delists from other clubs like Keays.. and all of them would be getting paid “relatively“ small salaries compared to the guys they replaced..

it is literally impossible for us not to have a massive pile of cash to burn.. and we also need to meet a minimum cap spend requirement.
Not to mention with Ports picks they will find it hard to get a trade done

Syd will likely want picks, not players

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The fact that Dawson is returning home to consider and discuss his future with his family, Sydney have to be concerned

We have been into Dawson all year

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
yeah, its definitely a bit weird.. the bloke is 24 years old and has obviously been living away from his parents/family for years now.. he doesn't exactly need to ask them for permission… and as for “discussing“ it, what?. cant do that over the phone?..

If he’s coming back to Adelaide to “discuss” his future.. i’d say that the discussions will be him talking to the crows or port.. especially if either of the two clubs have offered him significantly more money than the swans have..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back