Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm not as optimistic on our KPD stocks as some, but I really don't think they're anywhere near set. Butts is clearly the #1 KPD option, but that's based on one good season. We've seen with ROB this year that you don't want to assume a breakout year will necessarily be followed up consistently. Beyond that, it's basically Murray who has shown a bit but is hardly entrenched in the position. I'd be giving McAsey another year, see how he goes with another preseason and some more time to develop, back him in to try and push ahead of Murray. Beyond that it's what... Worrell? The jury is well and truly out there. And Frampton is the break glass option, but I don't really see him as a genuine KPD.

Yup, it's certainly a risk. That said, I'm very hot on our KPD prospects at the moment. Butts had a stellar year in a situation that could have easily destroyed his career, seeing he was thrown to the wolves with Talia going down. Murray looks like a solid player, and considering how much of an upheaval the last two years had been, it certainly has me questioning how high that ceiling is. After all, this is a player who didn't get a game in 2020 due to COVID, entered an AFL system very late into the piece (seeing we didn't sign him until January), and yet despite that, he handled the transition to AFL rather well and looked a player. If I was Nicks, I'd have Murray entrenched as our CHB (notwithstanding our side is absolutely horrific when we've gone with Doedee as a 2nd tall).

Worrell is an interesting prospect and is more likely to take over from Doedee as our third tall (I'd have Doedee replacing Kelly as a mid-defender). That said, he's a bit of a wildcard as well. Frampton is there for a year.

I'm certainly in no rush to trade McAsey, but at the moment, it certainly doesn't look like a promising list situation.

Yup, it's certainly a risk. That said, I'm very hot on our KPD prospects at the moment. Butts had a stellar year in a situation that could have easily destroyed his career, seeing he was thrown to the wolves with Talia going down. Murray looks like a solid player, and considering how much of an upheaval the last two years had been, it certainly has me questioning how high that ceiling is. After all, this is a player who didn't get a game in 2020 due to COVID, entered an AFL system very late into the piece (seeing we didn't sign him until January), and yet despite that, he handled the transition to AFL rather well and looked a player. If I was Nicks, I'd have Murray entrenched as our CHB (notwithstanding our side is absolutely horrific when we've gone with Doedee as a 2nd tall).

Worrell is an interesting prospect and is more likely to take over from Doedee as our third tall (I'd have Doedee replacing Kelly as a mid-defender). That said, he's a bit of a wildcard as well. Frampton is there for a year.

I'm certainly in no rush to trade McAsey, but at the moment, it certainly doesn't look like a promising list situation.
Murray!😍

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you - not in any rush to trade him.

With 2 more years to go on his contract, I'd be backing McAsey in for another year to see how he goes with another preseason, another year of age and experience etc. If we assume Butts remains the centrepiece of the defence as Talia used to be, then the ideal situation is Murray and McAsey fighting it out tooth and nail for the other KPD spot.

Alternately, assuming Kelly goes and Doedee moves into that role as you've suggested, then do you reckon McAsey could take that spot ahead of Worrell? There's not much between them physically (McAsey +2cm and +2kg, according to the club website). If we're putting a line through Frampton as a long term option, that gives us 4 players (Butts, Murray, McAsey and Worrell) to fill 3 positions (2 KPD + the 3rd tall). That leaves 1 backup in case of injury / poor form, which is probably the bare minimum. Even if we keep McAsey, we really probably need 1 more to replace Frampton beyond next year. If McAsey goes then we probably need to bring in 2, and I'd rather be focusing on midfielders, along with maybe a small forward and a long term ruck option before worrying about another KPD.

Chatter on the suns board that one of their top 3 picks from 2018 will formally be requesting a trade home this trade period. There is a podcast that Gorringe and another guy run and that rumor was put up there

Be interesting to see if there is any truth to it come trade period!!

from just after 33mins in..

Last edited:
Chatter on the suns board that one of their top 3 picks from 2018 will formally be requesting a trade home this trade period. There is a podcast that Gorringe and another guy run and that rumor was put up there

Wait, there's a Suns' board? With fans?

I listen to the podcast and it's not a podcast that should be taken seriously

I was wondering about that. I just assumed you do it every home game like we do but that article made it sound like a once off.

Typical modern reporting.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The only difference I saw was they did it by the scoreboard, rather than on the Oval and I imagine that was for COVID protocol related reasons.

The only difference I saw was they did it by the scoreboard, rather than on the Oval and I imagine that was for COVID protocol related reasons.
Most clubs have reverted to off ground presentations .....some appear to have been pre-recorded, which has improved product quality

Getting real tired of everything we do being leaked. We end up looking stupid when things don’t come off.

Loose lips sink ships.

(also LoL at that Fox article saying “it’s understood Adelaide included a Welcome to Country” before the Roos clash; given Fox broadcast the game, they should bloody well know if it happened or not)

In fairness to them, it was 17th v 18th in a dead rubber in the absolute graveyard timeslot on the last round of the season. I doubt anybody other than Roos and Crows supporters were watching. Even the Fox guys probably just set up the cameras pointing in more or less the right direction then went to the pub for a few hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Whisperer? You're better than that WaynesWorld19 haha

Although I do find it hilarious that someone actually decided to sponsor the guy lmao
It's a quiet time .....no delistings yet.....so better than nothing, will keep convo's going for a day or so ;)

Not a new rumour.

Have been told a few times by my Fremantle supporting mate in Perth that the Dockers are looking at him. Not sure if it's a clear target, or he just fits the range they are supposedly looking to recruit in (a 23-27 year old established midfielder) and he's an option in there. Basically the idea was Fyfe is 30, the rest of the Dockers core mids (Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong) are 20-21, so they're looking for an experienced midfielder to bring in who still has a few years left in the tank to help out.

The fact that Crouch is a (R)FA would probably be attractive since it'd fill what they have ID's as a need, but not take up resources trade wise to do other things I guess.

Fremantle is probably a good option for Matt, because there wouldn't be many Vic clubs who need him or could afford him.

If it's Freo offering him a contract you know we're def getting band 2 or 3, would be good if they did a 3 year deal worth 780k pa and then after compo was given out ie Band 1 to us a year later sign a two year extension at 400k

So he gets his 5 year deal but we get maximum trade capital

I don't think that GMZ is meant to be genuine news/rumours. He just throws things out there to take the piss.

It would be, but where? Our talls seem rather set at the moment.

McAsey just seems like a square peg for a round hole as a prospect. Though, I suppose Daniel Talia did as well in his early career.
Think F4E might be talking about trading Fish for a player or a pick that leads to an AFL footballer.

Maybe if we can trade Fish and one of our early r2 picks for a late r1 pick from someone, that could get us a Roberts or someone like that.

Essendon are throwing the kitchen sink at Ben King.... Supposedly Dylan Sheil will be involved in the trade

Fremantle is probably a good option for Matt, because there wouldn't be many Vic clubs who need him or could afford him.

If it's Freo offering him a contract you know we're def getting band 2 or 3, would be good if they did a 3 year deal worth 780k pa and then after compo was given out ie Band 1 to us a year later sign a two year extension at 400k

So he gets his 5 year deal but we get maximum trade capital
FA deals can't be renegotiated until the last year of the contract. So freo will offer a 4 or 5 year deal probably on about 600-700k and we will be left with band 2 or 3.

If, we had have offered a 4 year deal on 500k, Freo would have then had to offer the 750-800 for 3 years (eg Daniher), then in 2 years time offer the 500k deal once he is already there.

FA deals can't be renegotiated until the last year of the contract. So freo will offer a 4 or 5 year deal probably on about 600-700k and we will be left with band 2 or 3.

If, we had have offered a 4 year deal on 500k, Freo would have then had to offer the 750-800 for 3 years (eg Daniher), then in 2 years time offer the 500k deal once he is already there.
The guy who told me about Freo being interested in July reckons Freo will offer about $2.5 million over 4 years ($625K a year) provided he can prove he's fully healed from his groin issues.

Didn't Balme say that we had approached him though? Yes it was horseshit that it was done, but not horseshit that we were after him. Now, if it was horseshit, why not come out and say that what was reportEd was totally wrong and Neil Balme remains employed by the RFC? And let's not forget that the incorrect information was being propagated by ambassadors of our footy club. It's like the CM all over again, it's not the 'crime' itself, it's the shitful way the narrative was lost.

think he’s talking about the players we’ve linked with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back