Talia.... Why isn't he getting the love he deserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

His expression is worse than his hairdo.

Is weed on the banned substances list?

Looks more to me like someone (most likely Tex:p)did this to him prior to that photo being taken
Fish-Slap.gif

Firstly, well done to Talia.

Now to the OP:

Reason #1: He's a defender.

Reason #2: He's a defender that doesn't get lots of pad stats.

Reason #3: He's a defender that doesn't get lots of pad stats and he plays for Adelaide.

I think that just about sums it up.

But my question was what had Davis done that Talia hadn't at the same age? Davis was always highly regarded and I think their games are very similar.... If anything I would rate Talia higher as he doesn't have the luxury of picking up the third best forward as Davis did when at Adelaide. Nor does Talia get to play next to two All Australia key defenders.

2 pages in the Saturday Advertiser, rising star nomination.... Nice to see Talia get the credit he deserves..... The power of Bigfooty;)

Even better was him saying how much he loves it here and wants to stay. He wants to create his own path and not live off his grandfathers name at Western Bulldogs. Great attitude.

Had to bump this after the Richmond game. Fast becoming one of my favourite crows.

Great game again. Shut down Reiwoldt when moved onto him after a fast start.
Loved his mark backing into the pack (in the 3rd?) as well.

Will be interesting to see if he gets the gig on Stringbean this weekend... Personally I would go with Shaw on him.....Have Talia on Buthcher... Rutten could fins himself up forward at certain times this week depending on Ports forward set up

Will be interesting to see if he gets the gig on Stringbean this weekend... Personally I would go with Shaw on him.....Have Talia on Buthcher... Rutten could fins himself up forward at certain times this week depending on Ports forward set up

I'd go, Rutten on Stewart. Talia on Butcher and Shaw on Westhoff.

For sure... But if Port go small up forward, Rutten could find himself getting a cameo up forward...

True but I don't even know if Stewart played against Geelong but I suspect he will this week to try and stretch our defence. I'm not overly concerned with their small forwards, they don't have a small forward who will rip the guts out of a game like Motlop could.

Doughty will get Ebert

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but I don't even know if Stewart played but I suspect he will to try and stretch our defence. I'm not overly concerned with their small forwards, they don't have a small forward who will rip the guts out of a game like Motlop could.

Doughty will get Ebert

I can not understand why the don't give Rodan a run in the forward pocket? He is untackleable and as you say, who else have they got? Hitchcock, Phillips???

Stick Hoff has been playing down back for Power recently and you would think that would continue if Trengove is out again.
Jenny would be keen to make amends for last showdown though

I can not understand why the don't give Rodan a run in the forward pocket? He is untackleable and as you say, who else have they got? Hitchcock, Phillips???
Because i guess you need to get it there first before a small forward can do anything and unless Brad Ebert gets it, no one else does and it fails to get past the centre line.

But he has played a month at Norwood. Surely he is more use in a forward pocket than in the red and blue?
Kicking goals is kicking goals where ever you play but kicking goals as a forward pocket is a lot harder in the AFL than it is in the SANFL especially when you go from the top team in the SANFL to one of the bottom sides in the AFL

Even Mike Sheahan noticed Talia on the weekend and mentioned him on the couch last night... the reputation might be starting to catch up to the performance.

Just on the defensive matchups last Showdown, can anyone actually remember who was on whom? My memory is that it definitely changed after Schulz went down and was subbed at half time. I think it started with:

Rutten-Schulz
Talia-Butcher
Otten-Westhoff

and then when Schulz went down, Rutten took Butcher and Talia went to Westhoff. Does that sound about right?

it shows. knows where to be and when. smart defender.

This was one of the reasons I was so hot on him in his draft year. He fits the "tall athlete" mould that everyone is so keen on in AFL circles in the modern game, but he's also spent his entire junior career playing down back so it's natural to him, instead of trying to take a square peg and fit into a round hole AKA Sellar. It's the best of both worlds.

This was one of the reasons I was so hot on him in his draft year. He fits the "tall athlete" mould that everyone is so keen on in AFL circles in the modern game, but he's also spent his entire junior career playing down back so it's natural to him, instead of trying to take a square peg and fit into a round hole AKA Sellar. It's the best of both worlds.
Gotta admit, I wasnt so convinced, however I'll freely admit that my opinions to this point have been shown to be nothing short of ridiculously off the mark.

Gotta admit, I wasnt so convinced, however I'll freely admit that my opinions to this point have been shown to be nothing short of ridiculously off the mark.

Hey, until a month into this year I thought that I had been wrong about him too mate :p Hadn't shown much until then, though he was still very young so it's always hard to know. I was worried his lack of pace and poor kicking would sink him at AFL level but so far this year he's looking very good :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Talia.... Why isn't he getting the love he deserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back