News Teams RD 7:- Fremantle v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah maybe, but Hammo is meant to be quick for a big man. Is he faster than Kruz?

I don't have any figures to quote or anything, but I'd say from what I've seen Hammo is definately faster than Kreuz. He's a freak athletically.

However, of course Kreuz is still amazingly quick for his size but at the moment he also certainly offers far more as a footballer than Hammo.

That's my take on it.

I guess we are very worried about the big guy for Freo. We need to have plans in place to rove to him, try and shark a few from his tap outs.

Would have liked to have seen Cloke out and either Browne or Bannister in but as long as we win I'll be happy. Interesting out with Houla, love to know the story behind that one.

Surspised to see Houlihan out. It's not often your best kick is dropped after one half bad game.

Hope he plays well in the magoos and comes straight back in.

Don't disagree with swapping Hampson for Setanta given the Sandilands factor, and by all reports Hampson is ready to go. But Austin for Hoops is a very interesting one. Would have though you would of swapped Austin for Cloke. Oh well, like someone said, let's hope we don't get some rain up there.

I've really liked Kreuzer's form in the ruck, so don't really want to see him sit up forward for long periods of time. He gives us drive around the ground.

Surspised to see Houlihan out. It's not often your best kick is dropped after one half bad game.

Hope he plays well in the magoos and comes straight back in.

Couldn't agree more! Gee its harsh on him. Especially when he wasn't the worse and actually adds something if he was play better like this week, unlike others we all know about.

Bad luck to Carrots with the hamstring, I was quite liking him in his new role, but... I guess it helps Yarran get his chance.

4 changes and Cloke remains, he'll do enough over the next few weeks against poor sides to keep his spot until we need him to perform. They haven't seen it yet. Bugger.

Ratten jokingly suggested he'd have a special role to counter Sandilands.

It was either him or Setanta making way this week. Setanta's not even an emergency this week, so they've obviously made the punt on youth. Could be curtains...

Austin isn't quite ready to play 4 quarters as a key position player. Hampson likewise as a ruckman. Cloke will fill in the gaps...

As you say, he'll need to do much more as a forward because Jacobs will be back by July. Playing Jacobs as first ruck allows Hampson to be eased into the game while freeing Kreuzer to solve our key forward crisis. (No more Cam :()

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dissappointed about Carrazzo - hopefully he is not out for long?

Houlihan would be in my top 5 favourite players, so I won't comment about that one. (I'll add some pics though :thumbsdown::()

EDIT: Excited to see our youngsters though - very excited :)

Great to see yarran, Hampson, and Austin get a game.....and Hadley is a given.

Good Luck to Yarran in his debut:thumbsu:

i think Houlihan is very unlucky and he generally plays well on hot hard dry tracks.

Also think Setanta has done much more than Cloke in the last two weeks!!

I THINK WE ARE TOO TALL. we are playing in hot conditions and we have lost Carrots and Hoops and brought in two big guys, Yarran is not the fittest bloke running around and Hadley is not the fastest.

Think someone like Robbo would have given us more run and should have been in for Cloke or keep Hoops and drop Cloke.

If we look at the changes:

Austin for Setanta, Hadley for Carrazzo, Yarran for Houlihan we're actually shorter overall than last week. :D

According to most posters here, with respect to Bentley, we were playing a man short last week. :p Hampson playing the fourth interchange and picking up more stats than poor Greg is a bonus. :)

houlihan out? very surprised
ruseel, cloke or joseph should of been before him
Why's that?

Houlihan didn't chase or apply any pressure last week against a side that isn't quick.

Houla was awful.

Russell lifted after half time and gave us some run in the second half.

Fremantle are a quicker side than Hawthorn with Hinkley, Hill, Peake, Hayden and Ibbotson, so we need Russell's, Yarran's, Armfield's, Betts' and Joseph's pace and second efforts in the 22.

I would have dropped Cloke, but his selection might be a structural one.

They should have kept Houlihan in the side and played him in the forward line. Who is going to kick Carltons goals when Mcpharlin keeps Fev to 1 goal?

He has kept Fev to 1 goal in his last 2 games.

Can only assume that Houlihan has been dropped to work on some specific aspects of his game. Similar scenario to how Scotland was dropped to the reserves earlier in the year for apparently 'kick chasing' (according to Wallsy on 3AW anyway). Couldn't be purely form based he's been pretty handy this year and was in our top 5 against Dogs.

Austin move baffles me. But hey, the match committee must have a specific plan in mind and they know best!

Very excited to be up there to witness Yarran's first game... but again a little surprised he's been promoted on the back of one good game and with a sore hamstring that lead him to be a late withdrawal last week

Geez Houlihans a bit stiff isn't he.

Been one of your best all season then dropped like a bag of spuds for one below average game. Wasn't the worst either!

Something more to this I reckon. Injury or discipline

Geez Houlihans a bit stiff isn't he.

Been one of your best all season then dropped like a bag of spuds for one below average game. Wasn't the worst either!

Something more to this I reckon. Injury or discipline

He has been far from our best, has been serviceable though.

As TG said, his pressure was poor last week. I'm surprised he was dropped, but he will come back better for it.

The logic of Cloke surviving and Houla going based on last week's performance is perplexing.

The MC has been confusing me all year with their selections.

Excited to see Yarran, but is he ready?

Hadley rightfully returns.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Teams RD 7:- Fremantle v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back