MRP / Trib. Tex vs MRP/Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't he shaking Thomson off his foot? Thomson is the kind of **** and annoying player that would hold onto a players foot when they're trying to go behind the mark.

I think the article is to put Walker in the forefront of the MRP's mind. Create a perception, because after all perception becomes reality. (There is a whole other thread about this on Douglas). "He has form", "intent to hurt" the emotive lines are not of the "report" genre they are of the "persuasive argument" genre. He is creating a media image so that the next Walker incident revieves more MRP scruitiny.

Wasn't Robbo one of the people crying that our game was dying when Walker got 2 weeks for tackling Harry Taylor? And now he's using it as a stick to beat him with... Moron didn't even know who the North player was involved in the "kicking" incident, he tweeted on Sunday night asking the public who it was. If he was that outraged, surely he would have noted who the player was. Or hit the rewind button to check.

Lets not overreact to what Robbo said. FWIW he has a point. Everyone knows that it is very easy to get reported by the MRP these days and penalties are a lottery. On this basis why would Taylor do this stupid stuff. Its not necessary and achieves nothing other than to attract unnecessary attention. Robbo may have done him a favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the article is to put Walker in the forefront of the MRP's mind. Create a perception, because after all perception becomes reality. (There is a whole other thread about this on Douglas). "He has form", "intent to hurt" the emotive lines are not of the "report" genre they are of the "persuasive argument" genre. He is creating a media image so that the next Walker incident revieves more MRP scruitiny.

He went off his nut wanting our Thomas to go for a month suspension because he accidentally broke Rohan's leg and it was the media shitstorm which I believe influenced the decision of the MRP to cite him. Thankfully sanity prevailed at the tribunal. I wouldn't be surprised if they cite him for something soft if the media continue to hound him.

I dislike when the media try and force an agenda rather than just cover the game.

Isn't Scott Thompson the bloke who spend an entire game antagonising Barry Hall to try and throw him off his game, only to end up in a choke-hold?

I bet if Tex had done either of those to Hayden Ballantyne, Robbo would be slurring his usual way through a bunch of mixed metaphors designed to compliment rather than vilify Tex.

Tex was an angry man on Sunday, probably their Scott Thompson got under his skin as he is known to do

I think it was mostly frustration, there are plenty of ways you can hurt a player, like getting the 'accidental' corky in a contest. There are a lot of ways to make someone hurt disguised within the rules, he didn't intend to hurt anyone, was just venting some frustration imo.

Petrie has near killed a number of defenders/mids who float back into the space in front of him and he makes every effort to make them hurt within the rules, should he and other forwards go for that? I think it is a bit precious to complain about these soft contacts, he will do far more damage to blokes within the rules than he ever will outside them.

Isn't Scott Thompson the bloke who spend an entire game antagonising Barry Hall to try and throw him off his game, only to end up in a choke-hold?

I bet if Tex had done either of those to Hayden Ballantyne, Robbo would be slurring his usual way through a bunch of mixed metaphors designed to compliment rather than vilify Tex.

Thommo doesn't really play like that any longer, I think Hall was one of the last incidents. I think he got on J. Brown's nerves in one game since then but he generally doesn't do it any longer.

Thommo doesn't really play like that any longer, I think Hall was one of the last incidents. I think he got on J. Brown's nerves in one game since then but he generally doesn't do it any longer.

Has Thompson only got six months to live or something? Taking on BBBH then Browny? :eek:

I think the MRP erred by not officially reviewing the push on Grima.

Pushing someone into a post is more dangerous than a lot of stuff that does get weeks after all. The only excuse for mine was that the ball was nearby and potentially live (leading to him not looking). I would have cited him and have the MRP make it clear that if it wasn't for that, he'd have gone.

To be clear, I wouldn't give him weeks, but by making it clear they thought it was worth a look, it would have served as a warning/line in the sand.

Hate on Mark Robinson all you like for doing his job and writing an article but to quote his last line "Walker needs to pull his head in, before the panel does it for him."

Pushing him into the post nor the kick were necessary and performed out of frustration. He will be easy picking for niggling defenders if he continues to demonstrate that behavior.

Has Thompson only got six months to live or something? Taking on BBBH then Browny? :eek:

lol not wise to annoy the gorillas. Browny lost the plot that game after that and took it out on a few blokes and I think he kicked a bag of goals as well. I think if the niggle motivates your opponents to do well then it is time to get rid of it, prior to niggling BH he hadn't touched the ball, he ran amok after the niggle. It is probably karma. He has been good for us since giving it the flick.

I am liking the angry Tex, just needs to keep a lid on it! Can't wait till he runs through a defender that is backing into the pack! He is starting to play like a man!

I think the MRP erred by not officially reviewing the push on Grima.

Pushing someone into a post is more dangerous than a lot of stuff that does get weeks after all. The only excuse for mine was that the ball was nearby and potentially live (leading to him not looking). I would have cited him and have the MRP make it clear that if it wasn't for that, he'd have gone.

To be clear, I wouldn't give him weeks, but by making it clear they thought it was worth a look, it would have served as a warning/line in the sand.

What a brilliant idea!!

Cite him to the MRP but also tell them that it's not punishable because he has an acceptable excuse.

Why hasn't anyone else thought of such an intelligent and innovative suggestion??

You're not Adrian Anderson who came up with the post-it-note solution for player interchanges, are you? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Tex vs MRP/Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back