MRP / Trib. Tex vs MRP/Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, in every post you've misquoted me. First you accused me of saying that they were exactly the same. Wrong. Then you accused me of defending Trengove's actions. Again wrong. Who's whinging?
The problem is that you thought you were being subtle and clever with your first 'innocent observation that the reactions in this thread were similar to Melbourne fans when Trengove got suspended' when in actual fact you were being transparent and sad.

You've been called on it, man up and move on. Feigning innocence is fooling no one

Once again, the resulting injury (or lack thereof) of the tackle should have no bearing on the penalty. A sling tackle is a sling tackle, just because the player didn't receive an injury doesn't change anything. Why do you have problems understanding this simple fact?
Well, it does actually. The injury reports impact on whether a high, medium or low classification is used.

And an injury to the head indicates... well, funnily enough... high contact.

You're not having a nice day, are you. :)
You barrack for Melbourne, yeah?

Yes we're having a bad day here. You're having a bad 50 years. Context is our friend.

Morris was on the news tonight, said his scans were precautionary and should play this week.
Phew that's a relief.

I was actually just about to start up the Steven Morris Foundation to help raise money to make his home wheelchair accessible.

163079104_098793cc81.jpg

Steven Morris rocking up at Punt Rd this morning

Phew that's a relief.

I was actually just about to start up the Steven Morris Foundation to help raise money to make his home wheelchair accessible.

Hang on, hang on - he lived through the ordeal?

When it comes to standing up to the AFL (not just the MRP) the Crows are as weak as piss. THey should've taken the AFL to court over Bryce Gibbs....how can a guy whose dad played 280 odd games in the SANFL not fall under the father son rule? what a f&*^kin joke......but the Crows just let the AFL laugh in their (our) face. We've been impacted more than any other club by the sudden implementation of the expansion teams and yet we didn't receive adequate compensation for Bock who is a dominant player and All Australian or for Phil Davis who as a young emerging player with ten or more years in front of him should've meant we got more compensation for him especially when you compare what Melbourne got for Scully.....but again the Crows heirachy were as silent as a church mouse......Then came the absolute crucifiction of Mick Rendell where from reports Andrew ('the dictator') DeMEtriou and his love child who can do no wrong Jason (shit at my job with a secret agenda to push the Aboriginal cause by crucifying white people who are obviously all secretly racist and need to be outed regardless of the facts or impact on their career) Milsfud made a phone call to Stephen (whatever you say Andrew I'll accept without question) Trigg resulting in the instant firing of the best recruiter in the country who as time went on it became apparent that it was all a bit of an overreaction that will cost the Crows dearly for years to come but again the Crows just did what the AFL told them to without saying 'hang on a minute we're not happy with that'......then comes Taylor Walker's penalties...and although I can see why he's been penalised he's also been over penalised. At what point do the Crows start sticking up for themselves? I'm sick of it.....

Spot on!!!

Obviously Richmond "still" believe they are in contention for a finals spot and we are one of their main contenders so Taylor getting the maximum penalty most certainly puts us at a disadvantage and most certainly assists Richmond's hopes.

How many ex Richmond players on the MRP I wonder?? o_O

If you took a look at the treatment we get from the MRP, you would realise that if there are any Richmond players on the panel they are not doing us any favours, simple fact is that was a very dangerous tackle and 3 matches was about right and as we still are in the running for a spot in the 8 it would surely be better for us to have Walker playing against the clubs that we are up against in achieving that goal, not sitting out suspended.

If I ever have to go to court for assault I hope you are my judge, no matter that it may or may not have been deliberate and in reality I doubt it was intentional, but it is still a spear tackle, as a player is lifted off his feet and slammed into the ground head first, that is what a spear tackle is.
We all know what a spear tackle is, that wasn't a spear tackle. In a spear tackle, the head has to be the first part of the body slamming into the turf, the shoulders were in this instance. It was still a bad tackle, but any slight neck strain came when the head hit the ground just after the shoulders. I don't have any idea why some people can't see this still. This was a sling tackle, massive difference.

I see the nuff nuffs still popping in to this thread have ignored the legal stuff as they clearly have no counter argument for them.

Most have moved on, why can't non AFC supporters?

He didn't slam him head first into the ground - and the tackle never passed the horizontal. No spear tackle. Sling tackle is the term you're looking for.

No as reported on AFL.com spear tackle is the term used, "RICHMOND defender Steven Morris has revealed the extent of his injuries after Adelaide key forward Taylor Walker spear-tackled him during the last quarter of the Crows' victory at AAMI Stadium at the weekend."

He lifted a player off his feet and slung him over hitting his head into the turf, it doesn't really matter though as the penalty is the same, but a tackle like Walker applied could easily break someone's neck.

If you took a look at the treatment we get from the MRP, you would realise that if there are any Richmond players on the panel they are not doing us any favours, simple fact is that was a very dangerous tackle and 3 matches was about right and as we still are in the running for a spot in the 8 it would surely be better for us to have Walker playing against the clubs that we are up against in achieving that goal, not sitting out suspended.
We aren't playing St.Kilda, Norf, Freo, Brisbane or Carlton?

No as reported on AFL.com spear tackle is the term used, "RICHMOND defender Steven Morris has revealed the extent of his injuries after Adelaide key forward Taylor Walker spear-tackled him during the last quarter of the Crows' victory at AAMI Stadium at the weekend."

He lifted a player off his feet and slung him over hitting his head into the turf, it doesn't really matter though as the penalty is the same, but a tackle like Walker applied could easily break someone's neck.
So the author of the article thinks it is a spear tackle, doesn't make it one. There are plenty in the media who seem to have a very small grasp of anything more complicated than a kick, handball and a mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure if its been mentioned but i read last night on here a poster talking about how a Canadian rugby player who was done for manslaughter because of a similar tackle to that of tay tay.. well funnily enough tonight wringles and stupid on 5aa refered to said story thanks to none other than the rooch.... looks like you have yourselves a troll on here.

not sure if its been mentioned but i read last night on here a poster talking about how a Canadian rugby player who was done for manslaughter because of a similar tackle to that of tay tay.. well funnily enough tonight wringles and stupid on 5aa refered to said story thanks to none other than the rooch.... looks like you have yourselves a troll on here.

How dare you besmirch Ruccis reputation on this board. The man is the finest investigative reporter the Advertiser has ever had, impartial, positive and writes in a tone that makes you just know he's rooting for both SA teams to go top

Yes, didn't he reveal that the scans were precautionary and he should play this weekend? So tell me then, how can the medical report be so damning it raised the level from low to medium impact? Someone telling porkies?

This thread seems to be done to death, can we close it so we don't have to put up with these educated opposition posters?

Have a feeling he will return in Round 18 without the 'mullet' and a less confrontational attitude...

I reckon it might start to sink in that getting suspended does no-one any good.

I pretty much expected us to accept, the only thing we had in our favor was the no injury at the time thing, and even though it's pretty obvious in my eyes that Richmond played up the effects in their report, there's no way we could prove it.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Tex vs MRP/Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back