• Thilthorpe

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Brown

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • O'Brien

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It does seem like we overrated our performance against Geelong.

28 scoring shots to 17 is not really an honourable loss.

We really were never in the game. At no point did we confidently look like winning and the gameplan we rolled out was not conducive to a win.

We lose far too many centre bounce clearances to not go with two KPD’s..

With the 666 rules you cannot have a spare man back at the centre bounce.. its 1v1 everywhere.

Loose the clearance at the centre bounce and your defense is immediately under pressure.

Have a miss match in that defense (i.e a 187cm tom doedee on a 195-200cm opposition KPF) and that pressure is even greater as your other defenders have to leave their man to help back up doedee.

Teams that have far better midfields, and lose far less CB clearances can possibly go the 1 KPD and not get punished for it.

Thats not us.
If they want Worrell to get a block of sanfl games due to 3 hammies

Surely you debut Borlaise or play Keane and see what you’ve got on your list . That’s the whole point of having them on the list

I think our inside 50 pressure has been lacking, some are underestimating what McAdam brought up forward.

Which preseason game was it that we were frantic at keeping the ball in there? Seems to have disappeared.
West coast

Yep the boys in there need to lift

Rankine is doing his bit

The talls need to compete harder and the smalls need to get to work offensively and definitely defensively

West coast

Yep the boys in there need to lift

Rankine is doing his bit

The talls need to compete harder and the smalls need to get to work offensively and definitely defensively
Is Keays doing a good enough job in that regard? His tackle numbers I50 seem low for a guy who’s primarily a defensive option

Murphy’s playing more up the ground so I’ll give him a pass. Same with Pedlar as his offence is humming along very nicely right now

Being out mark to often, our small s are not getting enough ground ball opportunities
I really hope that’s the message this week

Create a contest with your life then smalls get to work both offensively and defensively

Hoping to see a little bit less selfish play too

Even last week when hinge kicked that goal Thilthorpe gave him a ‘filthy’ look for not passing it to him

Enough of that rubbish , time to get it done together up there after 2 poor weeks

Is Keays doing a good enough job in that regard? His tackle numbers I50 seem low for a guy who’s primarily a defensive option

Murphy’s playing more up the ground so I’ll give him a pass. Same with Pedlar as his offence is humming along very nicely right now
I’d say he’s not , he can do better re Keays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope that’s the message this week

Create a contest with your life then smalls get to work both offensively and defensively

Hoping to see a little bit less selfish play too

Even last week when hinge kicked that goal Thilthorpe gave him a ‘filthy’ look for not passing it to him

Enough of that rubbish , time to get it done together up there after 2 poor weeks
It’s a must win, have to go into the next 3 weeks with a win against the Saints

I think many underestimate what McAdam does. Gets type cast as just a 3rd-4th peg forward who can attack in the air , but his pressure at ground level is immense when he's switched on, which has been pretty consistently the past 3 years.
Yeah I'm not sure why people were off him so quick. I saw him twice in the pre season and he was looking very sharp in the forward line. Unfortunate year for him.

Honestly so much bed wetting that goes in in this thread

People here always want to play 2-3 KPD however very few teams do this on a weekly basis

Just have to look at Geelong, they have one genuine KPD, the rest of their defence are the Doedee and Max type that can play tall or small…..

So much defensive work is relied on winning the midfield, and preventing easy forward 50 eateries

Let’s also look at our oppo

They won’t line up with 2-3 KPF, Rowan Marshal won’t play, and Owens and Membrey are not genuine KPF….. We do not need to go in overalls tall

The game is changing, people need to change with it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry, who has posted that they want to play 3? Can you quote a couple or do you just need to argue against points not made by anyone?

Particularly when we currently have both Tex and the Fog unable to get 6 inches off of the ground ~ we had nothing in the air the last two weeks we are relying on goals coming from chest marks
Fog's knee is a real problem ATM. He shouldn't be playing.

If they want Worrell to get a block of sanfl games due to 3 hammies

Surely you debut Borlaise or play Keane and see what you’ve got on your list . That’s the whole point of having them on the list
They change the subject as soon as Keane's name is brought up. It looks like he isn't getting a game this year unless something unforseen happens.

Yeah needs a go soon. Need to determine once and for all if he’s worth keeping on the list beyond this year

That said, I suspect we’ll rookie him if we do end up delisting him

I'd be quite happy if we just move on and delist Hately at years end. There really isn't much there outside of a low damage accumulator.

Surely Rachele is playing.
Max and Sloane (unless they rest him) seem to be the only guarantees on that 8 man interchange bench. Who out of Thilthorpe, Rachele, Crouch aren't they playing in the 22? There's no guarantee it will be Crouch. Maybe the fact that they have put Sloane in the interchange could signal his resting though and they go with Max, Riley, Rachele and Crouch. It makes sense that if they rest Sloane they would bring in a mid for him. I would rather Berry as that mid though.

Last edited:
Sorry, who has posted that they want to play 3? Can you quote a couple or do you just need to argue against points not made by anyone?
And he got likes for it, easily fooled.

The funny thing is he clearly made up the demands for a 3rd kpd to try and add some credibility to his flimsy point

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview The No Changes Thread: Crows v Saints, Sun May 14th, 12:40pm

Back