Mega Thread The OFFICIAL 2011 Trade Targets MEGATHREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a fan of Chris Knights. I think he would be a good fit in our MF rotations/wing with his run and ball use to compliment our inside ball winners. I honestly think N. Craig played him out of position on a HFF which can at times be a graveyard. Hes only 25 this month so still plenty of footy ahead of him and is a Victorian boy originally so the return home and change of environment may help him.

His main query has been his body which is no doubt a concern however im sure North will be doing due diligence on that front if we are considering him.

I seriously doubt we will be trading LT for him who is still in that improving age bracket with imo massive upside potential.

With departures of key defenders in the last couple of seasons Adelaide might be looking to bolster that area of the ground and with Scott Thompson's current contract standoff and a number of up and coming defenders on our list this might be a trade both sides would entertain.

Re: Ryan Shoenmakers

Odds on he gets traded to St. Kilda and becomes the new fluffer.

Its time to consider?

Thoughts about considering Fev for 2012 for very little outlay? He has got to be worth the chance if given a 1 year contract with an option to extend based on his attitude and performance?....... Lets hear your views.

Re: Its time to consider?

Absolutely worthless to us.

We just saw a snippet of what Black has to offer. We have Pederson, Petrie and Hansen to fit in the team. Tarrant and Delaney need to be developed down back.

For the sake of a year or two assuming his body even lets him get on the park, do we play him ahead of those other guys? Unless a team is in the "window" and desperately needs a key forward its a gamble not worth taking.

Re: Ryan Shoenmakers

cant see Hawthorn considering this. Their defence is their achilles so I cant see them letting him go.

But if we're talking hypotheticals then if the Pies struggle in the ruck dept (Jolly has been exposed of late) then lets make a play for Heath Shaw and send H across.

Re: Its time to consider?

i think he's a great player. However He's in his early thirties now, not worth the controversy and worry. It doesn't fit in with the future of North Melbourne.

In a way Barry Hall has probably killed off Fevs career. It shows that whilst Fev might come in and kick goals if the rest of the team isnt able to compete then its a waste of a development spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Gunston

Height: 191cm
Weight: 74kg
DOB: 16/10/91
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons

Bio: Versatile key position player who has the capabilities to play both medium and tall, up forward and down back. Overhead marking is outstanding as is his continual presenting and follow-up efforts. His 2.98sec 20m at Victorian screen highlighted his pace off the mark.

Very nice.:thumbsu:

In his own words

What type of player are you?

Leading key position forward with skills to play tall and short. I'm able to be moved in the backline, and I have played ruck at times this year.

Which AFL player do you most resemble, and why?

Jarrad Waite, due to his marking, presenting and flexibility, and also versatility to almost play any position on the ground. Also Nick Riewoldt as a leading forward.

What are your strengths as a footballer?

• Marking at pace on the lead and contested.
• Work ethic in terms of continually presenting for leads and follow up efforts.
• Versatility around the ground.
• Long, straight goal kicking.
• Disciplined to play to team plans and rules.

Lookin good.:thumbsu:

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?

Essendon, due to my father barracking for them.

Get rid of.:thumbsdown:

^^^

Gunstons dad was on the Bombers board a year or so back if I heard correctly elsewhere.

Would be very happy with this kid.

Wouldn't complain with Knights either.

I'm getting the feeling there will be very little, if any, rookie blood coming in this year. We may trade/upgrade our way completely out of this draft.

Rucci just said its between us and the hawks
For who... Gunston?

Find it hard to take this seriously for some reason.

Norman+Gunston.jpg

I'm getting the feeling there will be very little, if any, rookie blood coming in this year. We may trade/upgrade our way completely out of this draft.

Makes sense to me.

1. Trade our picks/players for some developed quality.
2. Promote our rookies.
3. Pack up and go home.

I don't want to see us adding too many more kids for the next 2-3 years.

Hopefully we are entering a very long and fruitful, draft 1 or 2, trade 1 or 2 and upgrade 1 or 2 period.

Would love him to be packaged with Gunna. The type of player we need. What would they cost?

Pick 18 and Campbell? Not enough?
Pick 18 and McMahon? Too much?

Would love him to be packaged with Gunna. The type of player we need. What would they cost?

1st, 3rd and Milky?

McMahon shouldn't be traded under any circumstances.

Our first rounder should be about right but it depends on what Hawthorn bring to the table. They'll have to put up something reasonably good in addition to their first rounder in order to trump us.

Gunston would be a great get and knights would add to our list although I wouldn't be giving up much for him.
Hamish would need to go to give us the flexibity to make these trades but I think the crows will chase Levi.

It doesn't matter that they'll want Levi. He just signed a new deal. I doubt he'd want to move now.

Gunston would be a great get and knights would add to our list although I wouldn't be giving up much for him.
Hamish would need to go to give us the flexibity to make these trades but I think the crows will chase Levi.
Isn't Greenwood more of an inside mid? I know his kicking is also a weakness, which isn't something we need. With Sloane, Thommo and VB (among others), inside mids aren't exactly a downfall of our side. We will be chasing an outside mid, have no doubt about that.

Speight is someone who'd fit our needs more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back