It's all over.

Yup. It's a terrible run home too.

Essendon (TD)
Port (AS)
Geelong (SS) - Oh Dear :eek:
Bulldogs (AS)
Brisbane (AS)
Collingwood (TD)

We need to win 5 of those to even consider making the 8.

S'over people :thumbsdown:

Re: Analysing the Ladder After Round 15

Surely to god, if Freo have any pride at all, they'll bounce back hard against the Crows, who'll be missing some vital players.

Frankly the writing was on the wall before today for this result

The fat lady hasnt sung ....but she's picking up her sheet music.

We can still make the eight so I'm not getting the olfa knife out just yet; but Im thinking about making a will.

At least we'll be underdogs in the next two weeks which means we should win.:) them.

We can still make the finals but we won’t.

I doubt we will beat Essendon at the Dome next Sunday and then we have Port Adelaide and Geelong the following 2 weeks after that. If we cannot beat Fremantle at home, how can we beat the in form Port Adelaide (neutral) and Geelong away?

Our form is untenable and not looming like changing.

We can still make the finals but we won’t.

I doubt we will beat Essendon at the Dome next Sunday and then we have Port Adelaide and Geelong the following 2 weeks after that. If we cannot beat Fremantle at home, how can we beat the in form Port Adelaide (neutral) and Geelong away?

Our form is untenable and not looming like changing.

IMO we've played 4 good games all year. Those being against the Bulldogs (R2 - MCG), Brisbane (R7 - GABBA), Kangaroos (R12 - Carrara) and Hawthorn (R14 - AS)

Of our other 4 wins

Port (R3) - I thought we were lucky to win to be honest. We played scruffy footy and had their kicking been better, they probably should've won.

Sydney (R4) - Thought we were terrible. Skills were shocking and once again poor kicking from the opposition kept us in it. (9.7 to 5.14)

Richmond (R8) - Never thought we were ever going to lose, but we played a 1/4 of footy and 3/4's of something else. At this stage these blokes hadn't won a game and after 16 games, they've only won 1 (2-2 was a racehorse). Hardly an inspiring performance. Put the shutters up at 1/4 time when we should've buried them.

Carlton (R9) - Another very average performance. Didn't rock up until 1/4 time and other than the 2nd term, and late in the 4th we didn't really do much. Some hopeless turnovers kept them close. Having said that the Carlton side we played, was not that pathetic mess I saw out there today.

We've also had some horrible losses.

The game against Melbourne sticks in my memory. How hopeless was that. Gifted them their first win with soft, unaccountable crap football. We went backards, sideways and any way but forward.

Other shocking losses include the Essendon debacle first up, Collingwood at home (granted they played well), but Chris Bryan kicking 4 :eek:.

Other ordinary performances include Fremantle at home, against West Coast (were the goalposts out on the flanks that day) and the St.Kilda game was less than impressive.

Thought we tried manfully against Fremantle in Round 5 at Subiaco and against Geelong.

measuring-for-toilet-installation.jpg

I know how we can make the finals

Port Adelaide- Win
Geelong -Win
Western Bulldogs- Win
Brisbane- Win
Collingwood- Win

13-9

Perfect run into the finals

Now all we need is to clone 22 Judds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide can still make the 8

Round 18 - Port Adelaide (Away)
Round 19 - Geelong (Away)
Round 20 - Western Bulldogs (Home)
Round 21 - Brisbane Lions (Home)
Round 22 - Collingwood (Away)

We can win all 5 games. I can only see Port Adelaide beating Carlton from there last 5, and possibly a spirited charged Fremantle in Round 22. There is still hope for Adelaide, we have nothing to lose, so just play free boys...and thrash those Port toothless ferals.

Re: Adelaide can still make the 8

We'll go 1-4 with the win coming against the Dogs.

Ending at 9-13.

IMO we've played 4 good games all year. Those being against the Bulldogs (R2 - MCG), Brisbane (R7 - GABBA), Kangaroos (R12 - Carrara) and Hawthorn (R14 - AS)

Of our other 4 wins

Port (R3) - I thought we were lucky to win to be honest. We played scruffy footy and had their kicking been better, they probably should've won.

Sydney (R4) - Thought we were terrible. Skills were shocking and once again poor kicking from the opposition kept us in it. (9.7 to 5.14)

Richmond (R8) - Never thought we were ever going to lose, but we played a 1/4 of footy and 3/4's of something else. At this stage these blokes hadn't won a game and after 16 games, they've only won 1 (2-2 was a racehorse). Hardly an inspiring performance. Put the shutters up at 1/4 time when we should've buried them.

Carlton (R9) - Another very average performance. Didn't rock up until 1/4 time and other than the 2nd term, and late in the 4th we didn't really do much. Some hopeless turnovers kept them close. Having said that the Carlton side we played, was not that pathetic mess I saw out there today.

We've also had some horrible losses.

The game against Melbourne sticks in my memory. How hopeless was that. Gifted them their first win with soft, unaccountable crap football. We went backards, sideways and any way but forward.

Other shocking losses include the Essendon debacle first up, Collingwood at home (granted they played well), but Chris Bryan kicking 4 :eek:.

Other ordinary performances include Fremantle at home, against West Coast (were the goalposts out on the flanks that day) and the St.Kilda game was less than impressive.

Thought we tried manfully against Fremantle in Round 5 at Subiaco and against Geelong.

In the words of the great man Danny Frawley... correct weight! That sums up our season to date perfectly!

I did one of those ladder predictor things, and the only way we can make the eight is to lose only one match from here on in (most likely against Geelong). It's do-able... but not likely.

Re: Oooh, interesting point made on 5AA :O

Can we please stop making new threads for every hair-brained thought that people have or hear!!

What you have posted is no more stating the bleeding obvious!!

Mods!!! FFs please mop up all these crap threads that are being started!!! :mad::thumbsdown:

Can we please stop making new threads for every hair-brained thought that people have or hear!!

Mods!!! FFs please mop up all these crap threads that are being started!!! :mad::thumbsdown:

Silence twenty three. I made an unbelievably awesome/10 point and that is so nice. Banana milks = on the house. (>0_0)>

While I feel the same, freedom of speach remember Macca.

I think because we lost has a lot to do with your comments at the minute. :p

I'd be more concerned about winning more than half a game after what i saw today!

Bulldogs or Brisbane are gonna be tough games because we're not the only ones playing for our season in those games... Pretty disappointed, we had a golden opportunity today to get our nose in front of the competition given the favourable results in other games this weekend.. now all we've done is pushed our backs more firmly against the walls!

What we need to realise though is unless we can get some sort of organisation and competitive forward structure and something that at least resembles decent delivery to them we will only make up numbers in the final 8 should we make it anyway... :(

The Western Bulldogs and Brisbane are both half a game above us and we play both of them in the run home. Win both games and we jump over them guaranteed. That's handy for us. :thumbsu:

You're dreaming...it wont happen unless we have a breads crumbs pointing to our goal front.

Silence twenty three. I made an unbelievably awesome/10 point and that is so nice. Banana milks = on the house. (>0_0)>

:confused: I am confused, i have read and re-read this and still can't understand it, or its relevance. And while we are at it stop already with those little annoying faces. They distract me....

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official Run Home/Can We Make the Finals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back