Mega Thread The Official "Where I am Sitting/Did I get a Ticket?" Freakout Thread (No requests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can only assume the fact that I seem to be down the complete opposite end to everyone else that I have just managed to scrape cat 6 tickets. Not going to be pleasant being down the filths end though :( Unless of course we win and then I might get bashed when I tell them all to EAD.

I agree with being a bit disappointed about Cat 4 for Priority 1 - but its a grand final after all. I got cat 3 last time and was on the 50 metre line. Not as good seats this time, but still its not like you get to watch your team playing in the big dance too often!

Haha it must be a Canberra thing (maybe they sort by postcode. I'm a Priority 1 member and in M4 as well, Row Y, and another Canberra based Priority 1 is in M6! I smell an anti-Canberra priority 1 member conspiracy by the AFL ;)

Canberrans. Always bemoaning getting the short straw aren't we? :D Nice in theory, but my membership is actually distributed to a Sydney address haha.

Hey everyone, if you've got a Ticketek account, it might pay to log on now and check if you've been successful in the ballot.

You might not have to wait until 9am on Monday. I just checked my account and it's telling me I've got a ticket and where it is.
Yep I can confirm they are in my account also. Just click transaction history and it will tell you your actual seating.
I got the nose bleed of Great Southern Stand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M4-standing room tickets here...absolutely pumped!!!

Does anyone know what the view is like?

Carn the swans!!! Let's finish the season off strongly!

Yeah mate the atmosphere is awesome but can be a bit tricky to view when you are a sardine. I'm not too sure about all the SR bays but I'd say being at the front is the way to go or being tall at the back.

Anyone whose got a standing room ticket: Standing room means you stand at specific standing platforms on the bottom tier of the MCG, behind the last row of seating. There are concrete platforms for people to stand, 2-3 levels of 'steps', so tall people could stand at the back but its really first in first served, the earlier you arrive the better chance you'll have of getting a good spot. You should see the whole field well but you may not see the footy if it is kicked high. There are better views at the 'G (such as my seats) but equally there are worse (the nosebleeds). The view from the very top is similar to the very top row on level 6 at ANZ. At least the MCG roof is straight so it doesn't impede your view as ANZ's roof does. Here's the nosebleeds in the Ponsford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back