The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They tried to engage with people on here but it was made nigh in impossible because of the vitriol. That’s not hurt feelings, that’s got no time to deal with the bulls**t. I don’t blame them.

Aren't you forgetting the North Korean style censorship of the muffin meeting? Those questions were perfectly reasonable, but feenix67 and co only received the barest of lip service, and had to wait months for it.

Just their actions with regards to that tells me all I need to know.

They tried to engage with people on here but it was made nigh in impossible because of the vitriol. That’s not hurt feelings, that’s got no time to deal with the bulls**t. I don’t blame them.

And the vitriol is because of their incompetence and shitness.

Boo hoo.

I wonder what happens if a large part of the playing group think the polar opposite? And perhaps there's evidence that Burton has in fact played a part in some players decision to leave the club?

We'll never know. Still ..
They haven't done anything with their complaints from last year. They've watched staff walk out the door rather than work with Burton, they don't give a stuff. They're backing him in 100%, either get in line or get out.

They haven't done anything with their complaints from last year. They've watched staff walk out the door rather than work with Burton, they don't give a stuff. They're backing him in 100%, either get in line or get out.
I took my glasses off and can no longer read your post. I'm going to stick my fingers in my ears and start humming (loudly) as well. Hopefully I'll have forgotten everything I read in a few minutes

There is subjective negativity and there’s objective negativity. This is why we need an external review rather than the club administrators or The average BF fan, to sort through the objective markers as to why this season has gone down a very large drain. We really need to remove the emotions to hopefully get anywhere moving forward.
Thats a lot of cliches John

I'm going to go completely opposite here but I hope one part of the review says that Fagan spends too much time reading emails and responding to them

Out of 60,000+ members how many emails must he receive? And each and every one of them expect him to respond.

So how can he do his job effectively? Sure a lot of them have pictures of Burton in flames or similar , and some are actually quite readable and intelligent , but he cant have the time , surely

*based around Deep Work from Hidden Brain podcast

I'm going to go completely opposite here but I hope one part of the review says that Fagan spends too much time reading emails and responding to them

Out of 60,000+ members how many emails must he receive? And each and every one of them expect him to respond.

So how can he do his job effectively? Sure a lot of them have pictures of Burton in flames or similar , and some are actually quite readable and intelligent , but he cant have the time , surely

*based around Deep Work from Hidden Brain podcast
Stop being an apologist GC ;)

(But I agree)

If Burton remains the club is dead, well for me anyway.

I am just numb with disbelief that our club is run by such a pack of incompetent, selfish and deluded arseholes.

To call for a review rather than just address the issue because of relationships at the club is mind blowing.

This review better bloody clean Burton and anyone who let this happen out.

The Burton toxicity has been the major factor for our poor performances in the last 2 years, which is a missed opportunity as we were in a premiership window.

There can only be one outcome that fixes the main problem at AFC. If that means Roo has to go too, so be it.

If Burton remains, it will cost the club no end, including a huge loss in memberships.

Don't need an external review to write the #1 recommendation!

Edit- Elite Crow - you beat me to it!

How is that leadership?
There were a number of times in 2018 where he was the shining light onfield and that tends to reflect leadership - performing when others aren’t
Has been a great leader this year with how he has conducted himself - no he hasn’t - but understandable in the back of last year that he got into a leadership position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather the club conduct an internal review ( which I think they are doing) and make changes accordingly. I would then have an external review that is conducted over 6 months where at the end further wholesale changes can be made.
A 4wk external review is just going to rip off a bandaid or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest with you - THIS is part of the reason they shut up shop. They used to come in and read big footy to get a gauge of things, but somewhere along the track we became a predominantly bitch and whinge session - with the occasional gem such as you are responding to, but it became too hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. I think this is why I get so frustrated in here at times. There are some very good point of views in here but they get buried in the vitriol and vindictiveness of social media keyboard warriors.

I like how you're able to maintain the pretense of being critical of the club for about a day at a time before reverting to norm.

'The problem is the fans, you're all so critical and there's just no reason why and it's really mean and unfair to the club, and they'd be better and more accountable if you weren't all so horrible and I find that so frustrating.'

As much as I find Jenny patronising, she's got a point on this.

Bigfooty seems to be a cesspool of continuous negativity masked in "holding the club accountable" or some other bulls**t. Half of the posters on here change their mind from week to week. No one really has a clue what goes on inside the club and just makes s**t up. Basically, everyone in the AFC is a caricature in people's heads that probably doesn't even remotely resemble the real person and all this s**t just snowballs into an ad hominem, 20/20 vision in hindsight s**t fest.

As a leader you don't listen to the 10% of people who are NEVER happy. You listen to people that give you objective data, positive or negative. Now is probably the time to be chucking a stink because there is an element of objectivity in the overall premise, but posters in here are on a chucking a stink subjective merry-go-round and then say they were right when something bad happens. A broken clock is right twice a day.

The amount of criticism is directly proportionate to the success we've enjoyed (or lack thereof).

Our club is structurally flawed, you've accepted that yourself previously. It's difficult to see how you can reconcile that with a claim that persons who have held that belief are 'never happy' nuffies to be disregarded.

They want to blame the players as much as possible.

Take it to the bank. Everything under the sun will be blamed on them.

Correct.

The result of the review is that JJ was responsible for everything.

Everyone else's job will be safe. We found our scapegoat.

If Burton remains the club is dead, well for me anyway.

I am just numb with disbelief that our club is run by such a pack of incompetent, selfish and deluded arseholes.

To call for a review rather than just address the issue because of relationships at the club is mind blowing.

This review better bloody clean Burton and anyone who let this happen out.
For mine, there will be a direct correlation between the fate of Burton and the validity of the review.

Any legitimate review can't have an outcome that doesn't include his removal.

The amount of criticism is directly proportionate to the success we've enjoyed (or lack thereof).

Our club is structurally flawed, you've accepted that yourself previously. It's difficult to see how you can reconcile that with a claim that persons who have held that belief are 'never happy' nuffies to be disregarded.

I comment when I a) have the expertise - which is big business only, and b) have visibility. All I can see is the board structure which is far from best practice, and the organisational strategy, which has drifted from our core purpose. Further, I can objectively assess that the team is better on paper than where we finished, and it's not due to injuries this year, therefore there's something wrong in the football department. That's objectivity. Subjectivity, which is rife on this board, is what I'm talking about. "The players hate Burton", "Roo protects his mates" etc. is all just a bunch of subjective codswallop perpetuated by a Bigfooty circle jerk. Of course the club doesn't listen to Bigfooty because that's what the majority of posts are.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Review

Back