The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

it proves nothing

It shows a direct link between Rob Chapman and Matthew Pavlich via Darren Colllopy. You may not want to see or believe it, but there is a connection.

Then when you add the Pavlich and Dunstal fox footy link to Mark Ricciuto and it’s not longer as independent as it should have been.

It shows a direct link between Rob Chapman and Matthew Pavlich via Darren Colllopy. You may not want to see or believe it, but there is a connection.

Then when you add the Pavlich and Dunstal fox footy link to Mark Ricciuto and it’s not longer as independent as it should have been.
It's ridiculous to suggest we only get football people with no connection to each other.

If we had a panel of Blight, Matthews, Roos and Balme, I guarantee there would be media, personal, social and other relationships between them and with people at the club.

It's a small world and the footy world is even smaller.

But none of these are financially beholden to the other

Noses might be put out of joint and language tempered but the message will be the same. Fix your house

The AFL is not a big industry in terms of people, when you also take into account the number of people who's views actually matter it's even less.

Of course there's going to be an overlap.

Which people do you think are in charge of the football side? This is the point exactly.
Day to Day it is Burton as head of Football department,
Ruciuto involvement is as the board representative who oversees the department, and reports to the Board.

However, as Burton reports to Fagan. Fagan as CEO should have seen this and put in place some fixes, maybe he did maybe he did not I don't know.
Rucciuto reports to the Board with Chapman as the chairman. so the Board should take on some of the blame as they are trusted to ensure both sides of the Club work.

My take on the Crows is Burton is responsible for the Football and Smart responsible for the non-football. both reporting to the CEO Fagan.
Chapman is the Chairman of the Board.
Chapman not a big concern at this time as he is going,
Ruccuito depends on if he learnt anything, but as a few have mentioned he does bleed for the club and will step down if he thinks he is the reason

IF we want change's at the Club then the head of Football must GO, and the new Head of Football given the scope to make changes to his department.

Moving on Chapman or Fagan will not change much if the current head of Football remains.

Last edited:
The AFL is not a big industry in terms of people, when you also take into account the number of people who's views actually matter it's even less.

Of course there's going to be an overlap.

If the answers come back and don’t satisfy your needs, don’t get upset.

You’d be hard pressed to find ANYONE in the footy industry that doesn’t know someone else.

You’d be hard pressed to find ANYONE in the footy industry that doesn’t know someone else.

How come there was so much optimism and bravado at the thought of having a clean, independent totally accountable review?

Judging by your comment, that should have been the furthest thing in people mind?

How come there was so much optimism and bravado at the thought of having a clean, independent totally accountable review?

Judging by your comment, that should have been the furthest thing in people mind?
Dunstall stepped on his own club to get them on the right track.... we will be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really that's your take, somebody from the football world knows somebody. FFS. every one in the AFL can be linked pretty easily to everyone else, especially the ones at the top, the good ones that know their shit. That's a huge straw you're clutching at.

Really that's your take, somebody from the football world knows somebody. FFS. every one in the AFL can be linked pretty easily to everyone else, especially the ones at the top, the good ones that know their s**t. That's a huge straw you're clutching at.

Don’t complain if this isn’t your golden egg to change.

Don’t complain if this isn’t your golden egg to change.
I understand where you're coming from, we have had so many false starts, promise of greatness just to end up with a broken heart. But to me this seems like a definite change to the narrative. Chief is a straight shooter and very proud man that won't let his name be attached to a rubbish review, and probably the one sign to me that things will change. If he calls it and they don't act he won't hold back highlighting it. I trust the Chief more than anything else.

I understand where you're coming from, we have had so many false starts, promise of greatness just to end up with a broken heart. But to me this seems like a definite change to the narrative. Chief is a straight shooter and very proud man that won't let his name be attached to a rubbish review, and probably the one sign to me that things will change. If he calls it and they don't act he won't hold back highlighting it. I trust the Chief more than anything else.
👍🏼

I think Dunstall is a good choice and a guy who's unlikely to be intimidated. But this idea that he's some paragon of incorruptible integrity, who won't ever back down and will use his media power to hold AFC's feet to the flames once the review is complete...well, that's just a fantasy.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Review

Back