Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? I'm always interested in HOW people reckon any other coach would produce miraculously "better" results than the coaching team we have. Simply by being "available"?

Hey, Brad Scott is a multiple flag-winning ex player too, and may soon also be available :p

We are building a fantastic culture under Macca and the admin team. None of those "available" substitutes would have a clue about our club and sustaining and extending what has been achieved so far.

I think if we fail to step forward and the Kangaroos stall that may be a possible scenario

We should be rising after a large rebuild - if in 2015 we fail to gain altitude other areas of the club including coaching need to be looked at.

You can't permanently use rebuild as an excuse like Melbourne

Oh I'm well aware that it's a term of phrase. Just doesn't really make sense. It should be resigned to the annals of history along with "sweat like a pig" and "sick as a dog". Considering pigs don't have many sweat glands and dogs are very hardy animals.

A more apt term of phrase that could've been used would be "pay bananas, you get monkeys". Although I'd be still uncomfortable comparing a human being who I don't know to a monkey.

This thread just keeps on giving.

"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives"

In years to come maybe around 2024 will this thread get bumped? or still be going?

Will..

Macca have been sacked in round 14, 2015 as per the prophecy of 2014 and lamenting another three-peat of preliminary failures?
Will Proffessor still be bringing up how good the list was at the end of 2011? (the Earth is flat, the Earth is flat!)
Will we still be talking about how good Bontempelli was in his first year...

All that and more.. Stay tuned until 2024....

Oh I'm well aware that it's a term of phrase. Just doesn't really make sense. It should be resigned to the annals of history along with "sweat like a pig" and "sick as a dog". Considering pigs don't have many sweat glands and dogs are very hardy animals.

A more apt term of phrase that could've been used would be "pay bananas, you get monkeys". Although I'd be still uncomfortable comparing a human being who I don't know to a monkey.

..ah man.. I always thought immortalmike was Eddie McGuire. Back to the drawing board.

Cameron and Leppitsch having more experience and earning more than McCartney (arguably I'll admit, but in the case it is so it would be a very meagre sum) is undoubtedly the funniest thing I've heard all season.

Tell me who do you think is the lowest paid AFL coach is

After you type in the above please refer to

Pay Peanuts get Monkeys

Smashed week after week, which hasn't happened thus far but will somehow materialise next season
. :drunk:

We have been smashed against Eagles Port Hawthorn and thats enough for me but your right we have had outstanding victories against high caliber teams of

Melbourne Twice and Just
Saints and Just
GWS and Just
Pies and Just
We haven't smashed one team all year as well thats what he gives us three years into coaching contract

including the random plucking of round 14, when the draw for the new season hasn't even been a brain fart from an AFL house work experience student.

Will see you in you round 14 next tear and will humbly accept your apology :)

Pay peanuts and get monkeys... Sounds like Carlton rhetoric...

Cameron would have to be the least paid, I would imagine. Again it's hard to comment on this without people using opinions rather than facts, and unlike you I'm not a huge fan of doing this.

Being "smashed" three times in a season, two of which are eyeballing the top four, is your "coaching for dummies" textbook? Deary me, someone should let Fremantle know their top eight place is null and void because they were belted by the Saints. :drunk:

And again, why round 14? Is this a number fetish that we all would rather not be aware of?

Being "smashed" three times in a season, two of which are eyeballing the top four, is your "coaching for dummies" textbook? Deary me, someone should let Fremantle know their top eight place is null and void because they were belted by the Saints. :drunk:

Again David you avoid the Stat that we havent smashed one team all year

Brisbane Have
Saints Have

We havent

Last edited:

Again David you avoid the Stat that we havent smashed one team all tear

Brisbane Have
Saints Have

We havent
Not a big thing, fred, but can you use the "reply" button in the bottom right hand corner of the post you're replying to instead of just copy and pasting it and making it bold. Makes it a lot easier to tell what you're saying, who you're replying to, etc.

Not a big thing, fred, but can you use the "reply" button in the bottom right hand corner of the post you're replying to instead of just copy and pasting it and making it bold. Makes it a lot easier to tell what you're saying, who you're replying to, etc.

Yes

Brisbane Have
Saints Have

We havent
You are right we haven't smashed a side this year , but do we really need to ? Winning is winning whether it's by a point or 100 points , we are still a young side and when our youngsters are in there prime mark my words we will smash sides , but right now let's just be happy getting a win :)

Brisbane Have
Saints Have

We havent

Both of those teams are below us on the ladder with a considerable difference in the PF and PA columns.

So, given your parameters, your season gets a pass mark if you beat someone by over 40 points, regardless of whether you lose by over 100 points, which both of those sides you mentioned have had inflicted upon them this season multiple times.

And here's the best bit that ruins your silly argument, we haven't.

We know that's not how footy has ever worked, but according to Cred Fook it's the be all and end all.

What's with this obsession of putting sides to the sword all the time anyway, are you twelve? I reckon sensible debate about where we're at is fantastic as it allows us all to learn and understand a bit better, but saying "we're shit because we've only beaten someone by 29 points this season and not 207245" is beyond ridiculous, it's even beyond the definition of ridiculous in another solar system.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are right we haven't smashed a side this year , but do we really need to ? Winning is winning whether it's by a point or 100 points , we are still a young side and when our youngsters are in there prime mark my words we will smash sides , but right now let's just be happy getting a win :)

Look at our starting line up against the swans I can count old 13 players where is the young side ?

Liam Picken -NO 23 Jordan Roughead NO 47 Mark Austin NO

HB 2 Robert Murphy NO 38 Dale Morris NO 7 Shaun Higgins NO

C 39 Jason Johannisen 5 Matthew Boyd NO 17 Adam Cooney NO

HF 4 Marcus Bontempelli 8 Stewart Cramer NO i 25 Koby Stevens NO

FF 6 Luke Dahlhaus NO 9 Jake Stringer 13 Daniel Giansiracusa NO

45 Tom Campbell
16 Ryan Griffen NO
21 Tom Liberatore

Look at our starting line up against the swans I can count old 13 players where is the young side ?

45 Tom Campbell
16 Ryan Griffen NO
21 Tom Liberatore

In the VFL trying to win the flag.

Both of those teams are below us on the ladder with a considerable difference in the PF and PA columns.

So, given your parameters, your season gets a pass mark if you beat someone by over 40 points, regardless of whether you lose by over 100 points multiple times.

We know that's not how footy has ever worked, but according to Cred Fook it's the be all and end all.

What's with this obsession of putting sides to the sword all the time anyway, are you twelve?

Its very simple we cant kick a big score David Why David

Because we have a great midfield coach as our senior coach who has no idea on how to develop KPP players and in so doing we lack foward power if that is wrong David I will note some our midfield players who have gone foward since BM took over I want you to fill the space of a KPP player who has reached the same level

Libba =
Mcrae=
Bonty =
Wallis =
Stevens +

45 Tom Campbell
16 Ryan Griffen NO
21 Tom Liberatore
And if we played Hunter instead of Gia, Honeychurch instead of Dahl (who's only 22, same as Libba), Talia instead of Morris, Roberts instead of Austin, Jong instead of Picken, Hrovat instead of Boyd etc. You'd be complaining about us getting smashed.

You have to have the old guys in there, or else you go the Melbourne route of being far too inexperienced, lacking leadership, and getting smashed week in week out.

Because we have a great midfield coach as our senior coach who has no idea on how to develop KPP players and in so doing we lack foward power if that is wrong David I will note some our midfield players who have gone foward since BM took over I want you to fill the space of a KPP player who has reached the same level

Libba =
Mcrae=
Bonty =
Wallis =
Stevens +

Ah, now the argument changes now that you realised you can't fudge numbers.

This seems to be modus operandi for your ilk but I'll play along, it's a quiet Saturday afternoon with very little to do around the house anyway.

I would suggest that the reason we haven't any great leaps in our KPP's is because we have either no mature KPP's (unlike your flimsy "but but da midfeld111!" suggestion, of which we have had in abundance for years) or that the few we have are either first or second year players and are in need of time, which I would have thought was simple bloody common sense but obviously...

And if you had been paying attention for the past three decades instead of trying to fit the square peg in the triangle hole this is a problem we have had since Simon Beasley hung up his boots.

But no, it's McCartney's fault that Joyce, Wallace, Rhode and Eade with a little help from Scott "I'm the best recruiter ever!!!" Clayton never thought to themselves "hey we could use a few talls up front like everyone else does". And I'm sorry in advance but Hall in his twilight when our window was slammed shut anyway simply doesn't count.

We tried to reinvent the wheel, came close, but never touched the finish line and are now paying for it severely. As I've stated numerous times, McCartney might end up failing miserably, but the one thing we can credit him for is promoting a more football-club-esque football club, of which we are seeing right now as per the difference in our current playing style, which as Geelong has proven in the present as well as every bloody premiership side since about the mid 60's, is sustainable in the long term.

So what's the next argument? I'm dying to know. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

45 Tom Campbell
16 Ryan Griffen NO
21 Tom Liberatore
Libba and Dahl are the same age.
And Rough is a KPP and 23, which is very ****ing young for a KPP.
Also Koby (still only 23) and Crameri and Austin have played under 70 games and are very inexperienced still.
By the way 25 and 100 games is the peak for most AFL footballers. How many do we have in that range? That's why we're a young/inexperienced side with a few veterans of varying quality.

I said yes and I will but I have decided that the next time I hit the reply button will be round 14 2015 and the Public Relations Manager for the Western Bulldog David Schwarz, will be still writing his 67670 essay replies and I will be enjoying his reading Good Luck Matt and dont give up I can see the future but so many people are blind to it regarding BM

See you all in ROUND 14 2015

You want an answer to that? Crawf hits the nail on the head..

I’M not going to go out on a limb and say the Western Bulldogs will be a definite premiership chance within three years, but with their stockpile of young midfielders, it is enough to get anyone excited about the future.

What might stop them from contending in that time is the spine.

That’s why the Bulldogs should launch a “Chase Chip” campaign in an effort to secure Melbourne defender James Frawley.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ng-james-frawley/story-fni5f1tu-1227034295879

The Dogs’ search for a key forward had been centred on luckless Giant Jonathon Patton, but the fact he suffered his second serious knee injury last weekend ended that.
There had been reports the Dogs were prepared to punt $900,000 a season on Patton, though that changed this week when the Giants locked him in until the end of 2017.

McCartney now must fix his attention on another big power forward. They don’t grow on trees, but if they can find one, the path ahead would look a lot brighter.

"Frawley and Roughead can pinch-hit in defence and attack, and that might be an option until the Dogs can either trade for, or develop, a player capable of kicking bags of goals."

45 Tom Campbell
16 Ryan Griffen NO
21 Tom Liberatore
Stevens, Dahlhaus and Roughead aren't young now?
And you can't ignore who's on the interchange and who's starting, because that makes no difference today unlike 20 years ago. So much for selective statistics.
Throw in the emergencies for arguments sake as well
On the INT you have Macrae (young), Hrovat (young), Jong (young), Cordy (young)
And then in the Emergencies you have Tutt (young), Darley (young), Hunter (young)
That's 15 young players out of 25.
So we have a young team.

Stevens, Dahlhaus and Roughead aren't young now?
And you can't ignore who's on the interchange and who's starting, because that makes no difference today unlike 20 years ago. So much for selective statistics.
Throw in the emergencies for arguments sake as well
On the INT you have Macrae (young), Hrovat (young), Jong (young), Cordy (young)
And then in the Emergencies you have Tutt (young), Darley (young), Hunter (young)
That's 15 young players out of 25.
So we have a young team.
And funnily enough, no Tom Young... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back