Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a hunch? Or is there actual substance to that? Would of thought 41 was a bit high for him, seeing he has only played 6 VFL games and he will take a while to get an AFL ready body and there was barely word spoken about him until he kicked 6 in a 119 point win in the Prelim.

it's probably Dorodo looking for payback for us stealing Dickson out from under their noses.

I think why Biggs and Hamling worked so well is because they came from good systems in Sydney and Geelong. If we were to go down this path again looking for cover from DFA, it either has to be for someone who Dal rated in their Draft year and is worth the risk, or if they come from a good system.

also not being a dickhead helps

Yeah TDC, of the delisted he is about the only one of much interest, and could have seen some potential there [ possibly], had we not gone for Cloke. Young Hannan I think has more potential upside, for a similar squad balance/spot. More pace, at least as good a mark, and courageous, plus a proven goal kicker. So under the circumstances, I still wouldn't bother with any DFA. By the way, does that stand for has..Done F All ?
Possibly mate, havent seen a better explanation of that acronym. I agree with the general premise though - our list build has primarily been based upon drafting (with the occasional forced and unforced pickup) - so I would stick with that model.

Given Mitch Brown is heading back to Vic., would he be worth taking a risk on, given we have lost Hambling, will lose Adams, and have possible retirements in the near future?

Given Mitch Brown is heading back to Vic., would he be worth taking a risk on, given we have lost Hambling, will lose Adams, and have possible retirements in the near future?
From memory, Brown's wife is somehow involved in the Pies netball side. Reckon he'd be an even money bet to end up in black and white in 2017.

I was not attempting to downgrade Zaine Cordy at all, but the
match committee might have been saying gee we lack an aerial
contest in the forward line. They did try Adams and Hamling
for small spurts during the year with little success.

If Dermott had kneed Callan Ward in the head it would not have
been accidental at all.;)

Neither was Zaine's IMO. I actually felt happy abou't that knock out knee at the time. Gee's I am a bad sport. Especially when it was one of those players who chose to leave. Ah such is life, I guess.

For the very life of me, I cannot understand why so many on here want to top up our list with other's rejects. We have already traded in one, how many list cloggers do folks want ? For mine we go to the draft with our 3 < 50 picks, then any spots left [main list or rooky] we hope M Hannan, and or young B Long are still about.
Joel Hamling says hi.

Neither was Zaine's IMO. I actually felt happy abou't that knock out knee at the time. Gee's I am a bad sport. Especially when it was one of those players who chose to leave. Ah such is life, I guess.
You are a bad sport perro, but you are a little loco. A stray knee to
the head would kill an ordinary man, luckily Callan Ward has a brain
the size of a pea and curly hair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Hamling says hi.
I was referring to this season specifically Bemore. I'm not saying it cannot be a valid recruitment tool generally. But you can't build a squad full of 'didn't make it elsewheres'. I'd simply prefer to see us concentrate on a pretty good looking draft pool this year.

I was referring to this season specifically Bemore. I'm not saying it cannot be a valid recruitment tool generally. But you can't build a squad full of 'didn't make it elsewheres'. I'd simply prefer to see us concentrate on a pretty good looking draft pool this year.
Xavier Richards is the only DFA i think we would hold any interest
in, but you would hope the people in charge tackle the elephant
in the room that is why would you walk out on a grand final team
that is finally starting to focus on the young talent ? I would
have preferred Richards to Cloke as versatility seems to be big
on Bevo's list, but first i would need to get inside his mind, his
mind.

Either way we'll be getting our 3 top draft picks. Jmac, Dal and the team have to decide whether any of the DFAs offer us anything more than whoever is likely to be available at pick 75. I'd be happy with their call either way, they seem to make good calls.

I'm not fussed if we grab one because otherwise we're using pick 75. I think we will sign one, just not sure who.

Anybody watched a lot of Jake Barrett? Worth a spot on the list instead of pick 75?

Certainly midfield depth has been a strength of ours and we have lost a little bit in that regard so he'd be a handy pick up. Also allows us to look at needs more so with our picks if we desired.

Anybody watched a lot of Jake Barrett? Worth a spot on the list instead of pick 75?

Certainly midfield depth has been a strength of ours and we have lost a little bit in that regard so he'd be a handy pick up. Also allows us to look at needs more so with our picks if we desired.
Jake Barrett's gets absolutely huge numbers in the NEAFL, but he couldn't quite crack into the giants midfield

He would be great depth at the dogs, but I feel like he would want to go to a club with that he can see himself making the best 22, perhaps Brisbane or Gold Coast? Last time I tried making our best 22, it was some of the toughest decisions I had to make, to leave out players like McLean and Jong because our squad is too strong, in particular our midfield

With pick 75, someone like a Mitch Hannan would add to our list more, than wasting that possible list allocation on someone like Barrett who would struggle to break into our 22

I said a day or two ago we know more than any so called media " expert "
What a better example , Buckenara telling us that Williams is under the pump and he would " let him go " :eek:
Clearly knows nothing about him , obviously just looked at who didn't play many games in 2016 , and bingo comes up with Baily Williams.
So they actually pay people to write this crap ?
What a dill !

Can any of you guys on social media let him know what KH thinks of the rubbish he has come up with ?

What a better example , Buckenara telling us that Williams is under the pump and he would " let him go " :eek:
Clearly knows nothing about him , obviously just looked at who didn't play many games in 2016 , and bingo comes up with Baily Williams.
What a dill !

Can any of you guys on social media let him know what KH thinks of the rubbish he has come up with ?

Apart from the Williams thing I thought it was pretty solid.

What a dill !

Buckenara is a 0 grade level journalist.
He also said we picked up Hamilton as a mature age player this year and that he was under the pump. Obviously hasn't watched the vfl to see Williams play and failed to do basic research. Pathetic.

Buckenara is a 0 grade level journalist.
He also said we picked up Hamilton as a mature age player this year and that he was under the pump. Obviously hasn't watched the vfl to see Williams play and failed to do basic research. Pathetic.
absolutely agree, would have just looked at a few stats and what not and then made up some random story and call himself a 'list expert'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back