Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/freman...and-kersten-trades-close-20161014-gs2erz.html

My personal favorite part of article.

Hamling is understood to have an extremely personal desire to return home for closer ties to his country town roots at Broome, from where he was recruited originally to Geelong through WAFL outfit Claremont five years ago.

The distance between Perth and Broome is 2240kms. Player managers really need to be more creative when coming up with excuses as to why they want their clients to be traded. Saving that, they could just acknowledge that player contracts are worthless and players will be poached at any time with better offers from other clubs.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/freman...and-kersten-trades-close-20161014-gs2erz.html

My personal favorite part of article.

Hamling is understood to have an extremely personal desire to return home for closer ties to his country town roots at Broome, from where he was recruited originally to Geelong through WAFL outfit Claremont five years ago.

The distance between Perth and Broome is 2240kms. Player managers really need to be more creative when coming up with excuses as to why they want their clients to be traded.

We all know it's the $400k/year

Despite the article they will try to ream us badly

Would prefer our first + one of those firsts + one of our key defenders re-signed.
This would give us pick 18 and 3 first round picks in 2017.

This is a very strong hand that would allow us to upgrade our draft picks this season, while still holding onto some good assets to trade with in 2017.

We should and will get some cheap cover, but we still have Roberts Morris cordy and Collins.

Then we have 12 months to really scout for our replacement with some really good young Victorian backs coming off contract in 2017.

Just food for thought, and I know a lot of people won't agree. But does anyone think our list manager McCartney is a little overrated? I feel like the reason our list is in such great shape is because of the fantastic work of Dalrymple who manages to nail every draft pick. Imagine if some of Mccartney's trades had of gone through. We offered a lucrative deal to Greenwood, offering pick 11 and a second rounder for for Lobbe, offering Lonergan a monster deal.

I know it's hard because we're picking higher up the ladder now, but seeing Baines from St Kilda absolutely fleece Hawthorn with that trade yesterday has got me a little envious. McCartney has done well with bringing in Crameri, Boyd and Biggs. And offering Hamling a lifeline.

I just hope he has a few tricks up his sleeve because while everyone around us is improving and trying to hunt us down, we've sort of just sat on our hands a little bit so far.

This wasn't a post to try and shoot down McCartney at all, he's done a good job. Just wanted to get people's opinion. And I also wanted to get it off my chest.
It's hard to say really. It seemed like the lonergan and greenwood offers were largely pushed by Brendan McCartney. I think we're going to see how good J.Mac is soon. If he can snare good compensation for rat, Stevens, hammer and possibly Adams, then I'd say he's doing extremely well.

Just noticed the afl article about WC interest in Adams says:

"Adams' manager Jason Dover told NAB AFL Trade Radio that the defender had not specifically requested a trade from the Bulldogs but rather had informed the club that he was open to a move if it would help the club."

He might be coping some undeserved flak if correct

Show me definitive proof of what we offered each of these. Quotes from direct sources not general media reports
What are direct sources that are not media reports?

Lobbe couldn't organise the medical as he was in Vietnam, both our club and Port confirmed it and Lobbe mentioned as such in multiple interviews.

Why are people blowing up about our perceived lack of activity so far? Its end of week one, my dudes. Nothing gets done. Chill.

Our crew are working behind the scenes and not making a big fuss of every little enquiry we make. Sucks that our club is so airtight and professional, right? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just food for thought, and I know a lot of people won't agree. But does anyone think our list manager McCartney is a little overrated? I feel like the reason our list is in such great shape is because of the fantastic work of Dalrymple who manages to nail every draft pick. Imagine if some of Mccartney's trades had of gone through. We offered a lucrative deal to Greenwood, offering pick 11 and a second rounder for for Lobbe, offering Lonergan a monster deal.

I know it's hard because we're picking higher up the ladder now, but seeing Baines from St Kilda absolutely fleece Hawthorn with that trade yesterday has got me a little envious. McCartney has done well with bringing in Crameri, Boyd and Biggs. And offering Hamling a lifeline.

I just hope he has a few tricks up his sleeve because while everyone around us is improving and trying to hunt us down, we've sort of just sat on our hands a little bit so far.

This wasn't a post to try and shoot down McCartney at all, he's done a good job. Just wanted to get people's opinion. And I also wanted to get it off my chest.
This sums up my thoughts. A few good wins, a few potential turkeys. Decent list manager but hardly the second coming

I'm not one to overrate our players usually but I'd be disappointed if we didn't get WC's pick 12 for a contracted Adams.

If we don't - hang on to him, hope he wins a flag (he will be a critical part of any such tilt IMO) and meets a nice Yarraville hipster chick - and our retention issues may be a distant memory.

Another interesting week coming up.

I'm not one to overrate our players usually but I'd be disappointed if we didn't get WC's pick 12 for a contracted Adams.

If we don't - hang on to him, hope he wins a flag (he will be a critical part of any such tilt IMO) and meets a nice Yarraville hipster chick - and our retention issues may be a distant memory.

Another interesting week coming up.
Oh no not a Yarraville hipster chick. He'll be wearing clothes that look like curtains to training taking the mantle of worst dressed from Libba.

Any chance that anyone is going to actually spell out what the "big rumour" was in the previous edition of this thread? Or is it just another way for posters to big note themselves?
Of coarse it was just big noting lol. Anyone can say I've got mail about a huge deal but I can't tell anyone what it is

Why are people blowing up about our perceived lack of activity so far? Its end of week one, my dudes. Nothing gets done. Chill.

Our crew are working behind the scenes and not making a big fuss of every little enquiry we make. Sucks that our club is so airtight and professional, right? :rolleyes:

Haha yeah because our club's been so airtight and professional with shit getting out to the media in the past...

You don't post on here often enough D4C! :thumbsu:

Oh no not a Yarraville hipster chick. He'll be wearing clothes that look like curtains to training taking the mantle of worst dressed from Libba.

Hey, your worst dressed is classed as fashionable by the girls.
Think we need a beach babe for the Adams, might be more his thing. Unfortunately, Footscray rarely has beach babes wondering around in their finery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back