List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

We say no.

IF and a big IF Norf offer 2 and 3 for 1, that is all Norf get back.

I would then trade directly with Melbourne with pick 2 for picks 6, 11 and F2

Melbourne take Duursma at 2, we take McKercher at 3, I expect Curtin slides to 6 because I suspect Hawks, Dogs and GWS do not need so he is still there at 6 for us.

We go for Murphy or Wilson at 11 (or pick your favourite in that bunch).

We turn Reid into McKercher, Curtin, Murphy and a F2 tied to Dees.
That is a lot but there again we hold the golden ticket.

I think Norf will feel fleeced but they still go to the draft with 1 (Reid) and 15, 17 and 18 which must be very valuable as they offered them to us!!

Melbourne I think say yes as they get quality and they get ahead of Hawks and Dogs who are reportedly after Duursma and Watson. If Dogs miss out on both Duursma and Watson, then they likely go Sanders at 5.
You give Melbourne pick 2, and they’re 100% taking McKercher.

Does feel like McKercher is the one we’re both jostling over. Both sides definitely have Reid number 1 but both sides also want McKercher in any deal.

North want both Reid and McKercher (otherwise they’d have offered 2 and 14,19 already)

And we don’t want to lose Reid unless it’s for McKercher.

Expecting Norths next offer to include pick 3 and be turned down.

Last edited:

When was the last time someone mentioned what Adelaide offered for JHF?

Was it three first round picks, being 5, 6 and F1(5 again).

Now Twomey rated Reid above JHF on pure talent.

Minimum I’d accept is 2 & 3 from North. You can turn 3 in to whatever you want after that.

You get unhinged people on any board. Go look at the Purples after the North game - that was the best fun I ever had on BigFooty.

I spent one afternoon interacting with the North board and with the exception of one simpleton found them a largely open minded-ish bunch. My experience may not be yours so fair bump play on.

Did you check your wallet on the way out?;)

Minimum I’d accept is 2 & 3 from North. You can turn 3 in to whatever you want after that.
Yeah the whole it's overs argument I don't buy. The trade doesn't have to be fair, it's has to blow us away.

Reid or godfather. simples.

Not quite
It was pick 6 (rachele) dees first pick in the teens and future first (Humphrey)

For pick 1 and our future second which was only a few picks away from dees pick so cancelled each other out

It was really only 2 pick 6’s

This is why I am hot on

1 for 2 F1 15

Trade North F1 (likely pick 2-4, or they could get the spoon again)
Crows 10 14 F2
Dee's 6 10 F2

Then it's 1 for 2 6 10 15 F2

And we've kept our 2024 picks in tact

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I didn’t imply anything about West Coast’s health, or ladder position for 2024.

The focus of my post was about West Coast needing to add extra top end talent via the draft, and basically your only means to do this is to split your first pick, this year or next year, or both.

As for the players you mentioned. Yeo is physically cooked. Can still put in a gun performance, but can’t stay on the park.

No opinion on the rest of your list. I’ll leave that discussion up to you guys.
You talk about our experienced players falling off the perch and say we need to split picks to get more talent. But you don’t take into account that we have already got a very good core of youf. We’ve got cover for our rucks,we have a potent forward line,backline needs one more up and coming KPD. Taking Reid is not quite the cream but we are loading up .We only need to split if we have specific targets in mind.
By saying we “need more top end talent” you are commenting directly or indirectly on our list.
It’s the question constantly being asked on here isn’t it?
Is one superstar better value than two or three good/great players?
Would Richmond have won three premierships without Dusty??

McKercher looks like the ONLY quality accumulating mid this draft.

Reid is a gun utility.

Duursma more of a tall roaminghigh half forward.

Watson another gun utility.

IMO we split our F1st and target a CHB around pick 10 this year, a F1st and whatever else we can squeeze out in a trade.

Our 2024 pick will be between 1 and 3.

Crows have pick 10, 14 and a F1st and want Draper.

Sanders was the best player of 2023 in this age group.

In fact he had probably a better all round year than Ashcroft when adding it all together.

Not quite
It was pick 6 (rachele) dees first pick in the teens and future first (Humphrey)

For pick 1 and our future second which was only a few picks away from dees pick so cancelled each other out

It was really only 2 pick 6’s

If North accepted that trade they'd now have Rachele and Humphrey and likely not have Wardlaw and Ports 1st for this year (the mega trade from last year doesn't happen, North keep pick 1 and take Sheezel)

So in a worst case scenario from JHF sooking it up after 1 year it's arguable that Norths even worse off.

Certainly a strong argument in favour of taking the risk on the elite talent unless a godfather offer comes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If North accepted that trade they'd now have Rachele and Humphrey and likely not have Wardlaw and Ports 1st for this year (the mega trade from last year doesn't happen, North keep pick 1 and take Sheezel)

So in a worst case scenario from JHF sooking it up after 1 year it's arguable that Norths even worse off.

Certainly a strong argument in favour of taking the risk on the elite talent unless a godfather offer comes
Oh definitely this is when the player is worth the most pre getting drafted

Two pick 6’s (rachele and Humphrey) better than our pick 8 and 14 which port gave up and we turned into pick 3 (wardlaw)

In 2017 when the Pieman took both Brander and Allen and we missed Kelly and took Ainsworth, I responded quite "unfamily friendly" at an important annual external event. My missus now asks each year if the draft is on that same day as the big event as she does not want me doing an encore.

Apart from last year, I usually find reason for the Pieman not to do what I want. I am hoping he has turned a new leaf.

So who makes the call on draft day to trade the pick, ROB or Duane?

Can you guys seriously cut this 2 and 3 crap out? Double so for 2, 3 and anything else. Put it in the ******* bin.

It’s laughable any of you think that’s going to happen.
North aren’t going to tank their hand for Reid. Yes we can get 2. Yes there’ll be something else. Possibly another something else. Possibly not.

If you honestly think the proposed trade quoted is a remote possibility then kindly delete your BigFooty account. You’re making the rest of us look moronic for bandying that around.

My stance would be 2 and two later first rounds, whatever that looks like. Maybe we send our second rounder back. Maybe not.

The echo chamber some of you have created here needs to be addressed for what it is. Fantasy.

You’re entitled to an opinion, ya boy Mop can’t deny you that, but I’ll call you a muppet for it.
Will there be a draft for the allocation of muppets?
How will the draft order be arrived at?
Do you think Gonzo will go number 1, just putting it out there I'm willing to trade up.......or down.

Will there be a draft for the allocation of muppets?
How will the draft order be arrived at?
Do you think Gonzo will go number 1, just putting it out there I'm willing to trade up.......or down.
Animal is a top three chance for sure

I don’t necessarily disagree with that - it just won’t be 2 and 3. It needs to be 2, yes, and something else. Be it the two later firsts or a mid first.
Pick 3 could be seen as a AFL freebie to help North pair with Pick 2 to ensure they have the collateral to Pitch a offer to get Pick 1 ..

So shouldn`t really be bothering the North faithful to lose Pick 2 and McKay compo and something else for Pick 1 ..

You talk about our experienced players falling off the perch and say we need to split picks to get more talent. But you don’t take into account that we have already got a very good core of youf. We’ve got cover for our rucks,we have a potent forward line,backline needs one more up and coming KPD. Taking Reid is not quite the cream but we are loading up .We only need to split if we have specific targets in mind.
By saying we “need more top end talent” you are commenting directly or indirectly on our list.
It’s the question constantly being asked on here isn’t it?
Is one superstar better value than two or three good/great players?
Would Richmond have won three premierships without Dusty??

I clearly said “aging out”, which happens to every player. As in, eventually players reach an age where their performances diminish to the point they retire or are delisted.

You haven’t replaced Josh Kennedy, Jack Redden, Nic Naitanui, Luke Shuey & Shannon Hurn with similar quality players (yet).

Gaff is on a cliff according to most posters here. Dom Sheed is probably a step behind him.

Yes you have some good youth. But they are still youth, and largely unproven.

Yes I was commenting directly on the quality of your list, and I haven’t said anything different to other West Coast supporters here this year.

You also probably have the shallowest collection of youth of any club in the competition, except for possibly Geelong, but they have traded some in recently.

Due to early retirements and a couple of draft misses (every team has those), you probably have the shallowest group of quality 23/24 to 27 year olds in the competition.

I’m not trying to criticise West Coast here, just commenting on the current quality of your list.

Then I explained why I would consider trading out your future first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back