List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Hope Phil is doing alright. I get it’s the pointy end of the season and he can’t say too much on here but his last post was kinda dark.

Nothing a weekend on Whore Island won't fix.

Don't forget to pack your penicillin!

It’s the question constantly being asked on here isn’t it?
Is one superstar better value than two or three good/great players?
Would Richmond have won three premierships without Dusty??
Also I clearly said draft Reid, and split your future first round pick.

What the hell was that?
Haven't settled on pick one, yet have basically set the price as picks 2 and 3 based on what we've turned down?
It's like he's trying to play it cool yet all he's doing is devaluing our potential haul if we did trade the selection (please don't, JFTR).
I was feeling confident we'd keep pick one but starting to worry now...
At the very least it needs to be pick 2 or 3 and the Roo's F1 but ffs why not just take a generational talent from country Vic who has publicly discussed being excited to don the #9 for us and is the exact type of player we're missing?!
AFL to ROB

"Pretend that you are not sure you are taking Reid for a few more weeks"

ROB

HOLD MY PIES !!!!!!!

1697539858897.png

Not quite
It was pick 6 (rachele) dees first pick in the teens and future first (Humphrey)

For pick 1 and our future second which was only a few picks away from dees pick so cancelled each other out

It was really only 2 pick 6’s
Yup ended up being:

Adelaide --> 6,6, 18

For

North --> 1, 22

I thought it was crazy to turn down at the time. Even without JHF leaving I still think it was the wrong decision (Rachele/Amiss would have been perfect pickups for your list) but you managed to salvage it somewhat with Sheezel/Wardlaw.

Won’t know until 2025.

I’m not saying it’s working for them.

I am saying West Coast don’t have a monopoly of returning WA talent.

Due to the ongoing issues between Fremantle and player manager C.Young, West Coast effectively are the beneficiaries of a monopoly at the moment for a great deal of WA talent that may return west in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever decision ROB makes, it will be the most defining and important of his career. A key point in time that we will reflect on for many years to come. A watershed moment.

ROB also on trade radio 10am AWST tomorrow
Netflix Seriously GIF by Stranger Things

2 days in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back