List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

When is that McKay dickhead going to have his paperwork finalized.

Hurry up already, you're slowing everything down.

Sooner we get that circus out of the way and see what charity the tin rattlers receive, the sooner we can put it in the rearview to focus on the Brockman acquisition and draft board.
One of Dodoro’s favourite negotiation tactics is to stall for time

relax

When is that McKay dickhead going to have his paperwork finalized.

Hurry up already, you're slowing everything down.

Sooner we get that circus out of the way and see what charity the tin rattlers receive, the sooner we can put it in the rearview to focus on the Brockman acquisition and draft board.

The worst part is that pick swaps can occur after the trade period, so we will be talking about splitting pick 1 right up until we select Reid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On nothing else but a pure feeling, I actually think we're going to deal with Hawks on this.

I think it'll look like;
Something like - Out Picks 1,55,60 - In Picks 3, F1, 30, Mackenzie and Brockman

Lose Reid, 55 and 60
Gain McKercher/Duursma, (Draper/Smillie/Smith), (ZZ/Collard/Delean/C.Edwards/Morris/Weatherill), Mackenzie and Brockman
I think we'd have to give up an additional F3 at a minimum in this scenario, probably a F2.

McKercher/Duursma/Curtin + Mackenzie + Collard/ZZ + Brockman, would be a great haul this year, not to mention the F1.

We'd be supercharging our rebuild and giving up very little draft capital.

I think we'd have to give up an additional F3 at a minimum in this scenario, probably a F2.

McKercher/Duursma/Curtin + Mackenzie + Collard/ZZ + Brockman, would be a great haul this year, not to mention the F1.

We'd be supercharging our rebuild and giving up very little draft capital.
Dursma + pick 6 effectively (worst case because Hawks have the ability to improve) for Reid isn't really good and risky.

I don't mind Dursma as a second top 5 pick but stand alone is very risky. He's a HFF and Curtin is a HBF/CHB

Mckercher must be in any conversation. That can only happen if we deal with north. JTR 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dursma + pick 6 effectively (worst case because Hawks have the ability to improve) for Reid isn't really good and risky.

I don't mind Dursma as a second top 5 pick but stand alone is very risky. He's a HFF and Curtin is a HBF/CHB

Mckercher must be in any conversation. That can only happen if we deal with north. JTR 😍
Nah it's not though because you're also getting a top tier, top 10 picked midfielder in Mackenzie/Ward with the hypothetical Hawthorn offers.

Would allow us to take a high upside player like Duursma, Curtin and still strengthen the midfield.

I don't see what you'd have to gain by pretending to be ITK.

d2c5e33f-053e-48f0-8118-25fb2c2d916c_text.gif

I haven`t seen any mention of it but Xavier Duursma has done a medical for Essendon and interestingly Dodo wants Mckay compo Pick 3 off North to get Zane Duursma ..
If this is the case and Norf don’t get pick 3 we should be going all in to grab GC pick 4 and nab either one of Mckercher or Curtin to go along with Reid

1. Reid (wc)
2. Curtin (norf)
3. Duursma (ess)
4. Mckercher (wc)

Or

1. Reid (wc)
2. Mckercher (norf)
3. Duursma (ess)
4. Curtin (wc)

Geelong are open to trading their pick 7 for multiple picks in the second/third round apparently so I wonder if we could offer picks 20,34 and a future 3rd for 7? The value calculator places them ahead on that trade but with pick 4 going for 10,17 and future 10 I wonder if cats will want more

Bit more from the Hawks board from supposed ITK:

pantskyle WCE_phil any thoughts on how that jibes with what you know? It's the first part that interests me -- would indicate that ROB's line about being comfortable sitting on pick 1 unless some special offer comes our way is largely just spin.

Small line between “we will listen to offers” and “open to trading it”.

Just like kids. “I may let you go to Timezone if you behave ” becomes “you told me we are going to Timezone”.

If this is the case and Norf don’t get pick 3 we should be going all in to grab GC pick 4 and nab either one of Mckercher or Curtin to go along with Reid

1. Reid (wc)
2. Curtin (norf)
3. Duursma (ess)
4. Mckercher (wc)

Or

1. Reid (wc)
2. Mckercher (norf)
3. Duursma (ess)
4. Curtin (wc)
Only way this happens is by trading F1.

1. Reid (wc)
2. Curtin (norf)
3. Duursma (ess)
4. Mckercher (wc)

Or

1. Reid (wc)
2. Mckercher (norf)
3. Duursma (ess)
4. Curtin (wc)
Imagine getting Reid and Mckercher!

1. Reid (wc)
2. Curtin (norf)
3. Duursma (ess)
4. Mckercher (wc)

Or

1. Reid (wc)
2. Mckercher (norf)
3. Duursma (ess)
4. Curtin (wc)
My intel (neighbours second cousin overheard conversation in coffee queue at Some Day) says Yeo plus a high pick to GC for their pick 4. Curtin/McKercher incoming...

#amidoingitright?

My intel (neighbours second cousin overheard conversation in coffee queue at Some Day) says Yeo plus a high pick to GC for their pick 4. Curtin/McKercher incoming...

#amidoingitright?
I’d do that in a heartbeat, as much as I love Yeo I do think it would be negligible for us not to offload him while he has currency. The whole reason we’re in this mess is because we didn’t turn the list over and our “star” players fell off the cliff

Retaining Gaff while Norf were going hard for him still annoys me

#amidoingitright?
Bung and Boots are often there so could almost be legit... My updated 3 club trade that actually gets us 4:

WCE
OUT: F1 (1), 34, 41, 55, 60 Yeo, H Edwards (4307 points)
IN: 4, 9, 21 (4381)

Crows:
OUT: 9, 21, F1 (9) (3816)
IN: WCE F1 (1), Burgess, H Edwards (3000)

Gold Coast:
OUT: 4, (2034), Burgess
IN: 34, 41, 55, 60, Crows F1 (9) (2776), Yeo

Draft:1,4,9,20,21
Reid, McKercher/Curtin, Windsor/Wilson, ZZ/Schoenmaker, Demattia/Stevens/Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back