Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

HvjLQ5Z.png

^^ wonder what the thoughts are around Newman. Whether there is motivation to keep him hungry on the rookie list.

Pick 62 is still better than a 1st round rookie selection. So I don't see a real reason to upgrade Newman unless they have definitive plans for him to play

I would just delist and pay him out. Say "we are letting him go so he can find a new club and better opportunities in the draft"

I dare say he will be our last pick in the rookie draft.

If someone else gets him beforehand, they pay his contract. If not then I guess we compare him against what is left in the talent pool

Given he made our 25 a few times, he is most likely value as our 4th rookie

He has one year to salvage an AFL career
He either needs to learn how to be an inside mid, get faster to be a better outside mid, or with his height learn how to be a 3rd tall fwd or defender. Played a bit in the forward line in the GF. Would take a miracle though. Don't think he can be an AFL player the way he plays now.
Long enough that if he sees it out we could almost offer him the number 1 key forward spot in 2018 with an ageing JK to play 2nd fiddle. Its all falling into place.
Would be funny if we could nab McCarthy...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Freo will take a KPF with their first.

Any decent mids around the 23 mark?
wont help them. Key forwards take too long to develop and Freo are playing for premierships now. McCarthy is 21 next year which wasnt ideal but their best bet. Just have to suck it up with Pav and Mayne again for another year

wont help them. Key forwards take too long to develop and Freo are playing for premierships now. McCarthy is 21 next year which wasnt ideal but their best bet. Just have to suck it up with Pav and Mayne again for another year
Pav might reach his 350 game milestone and no one from our club has ever hit 300. :(

Gaff might but he has a bit of 'Judd' feeling around him imo. Not sure he will play his full AFL career here.

None of his family moved from Vic to WA, apparently misses his parents heaps, keeps pushing back WCE contract extensions.

It's just a weird feeling I have with him. Might not mean much, but still.

You're talking shit.

Also Pav is done, that was clear this season, if he carries on it'll be to the detriment of the Dockers.

Pav might reach his 350 game milestone and no one from our club has ever hit 300. :(

Gaff might but he has a bit of 'Judd' feeling around him imo. Not sure he will play his full AFL career here.

Unlike you to be pessimistic...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2015 trade period edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back