List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced a bid will come for IQ before 18, I guess time will tell. Wouldn't it be funny if the Bears make a bid with 18.
Not totally convinced either, but going off the club they seem to be.
Well my interpretation anyway. Later the better or not at all would be my preference about the bids.

We got Dayne “top 10 in the Brownlow” Beams and people are complaining.. Jesus wept.

We literally have the best midfield of all time. Let that sink in.

Discarding pick 18 this year was always a gamble worth taking and IQ and Kelly plus a gun list of depth mean we can step out of the first round next year.

We got Sier and Maynard for 30s picks. Hine is better at nailing talent late in the draft (DeGoey excepted).

Not to mention all the posters critical of where Cal Twomey named our academy/FS boys in his phantom and several posters saying those picks were over inflated, yet now crying foul.

Sheeesh!
Like this twice! Couldn't agree more.
If we have any luck with injuries and get Elliott back....look the F$#k Out!

Like this twice! Couldn't agree more.
If we have any luck with injuries and get Elliott back....look the F$#k Out!
Yep, a year out is a long time in football. We are going to get an injection of A grade talent in the form of Elliot and Beams. So long as Bucks maintains and can instill this years game plan into the 22 next year, we are sooo much better placed for a tilt at the flag.

Yep, a year out is a long time in football. We are going to get an injection of A grade talent in the form of Elliot and Beams. So long as Bucks maintains and can instill this years game plan into the 22 next year, we are sooo much better placed for a tilt at the flag.
I think, most likely, we get a lot more games out of Moore this year. He has the potential to be a great footballer too.

While those noting that the Beams trade only really works if Quaynor gets taken before pick 18, that pre-supposes that we aren't very happy to take Quaynor with pick 18 anyhow.

To sum up:

Did we bring in real quality A grade talent in the draft?

Yes.

Good. Successful.

Roughead spare parts at no cost, ok as depth for position.

With Beams in the side competition for midfield spots will be TIGHT next season.

Right now you would think:

Phillips, Sidebottom, Beams
Grundy, Adams, Treloar
With Pendles and Sier on the bench (Aish and Thomas rotating).

I like Mayne, and I think he had a ripper season, but with Beams coming in I think that they may need to find another position to player other than winger.

Wasnt he playing mainly in defense in our finals series? I'd drop Aish a long time before we dropped Mayne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back