List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to my 'footy record' Curnow is only 192cm tall???? Perfect 3rd tall but not a replacement for Jack or Lynch.
Jack is listed as 195cm tall. Im sure that 3cm difference doesn't matter a whole lot.

My bad I didn't click
Na all good mate, I thought the same thing when I first saw it took me a minute of having a closer look before I realised as well

Who else is bored sh!tless with the constant barrage of grown men sitting down with Lore's spreadsheet calculating an infinite amount of pick bundling to gain lower picks in the draft?????? Funny thing is anytime someone suggests an actual trade for a fringe player like Rhylee West or Will Brodie etc they get shot down. People forget Bachar Houli, Grigg and Nankervis were all fringe players before we got them. Leon Cameron and Greg Dear were castoffs because their club's thought their injuries were career ending but they turned out to be astute pickups. ( For the young kiddies and the bandwagonners who jumped on recently Leon Cameron was a gun who could kick either side better than the whole comp these days and Greg Dear was a battle worn Ruckman on his last legs who helped the kids immensely for 3 years especially during our 95 finals). It's 2 months until the draft who else wants the pick swap scenarios moved elsewhere as it's doing my head in.
Compared to those who have the option to ignore this thread anytime they choose.lol

Who else is bored sh!tless with the constant barrage of grown men sitting down with Lore's spreadsheet calculating an infinite amount of pick bundling to gain lower picks in the draft?????? Funny thing is anytime someone suggests an actual trade for a fringe player like Rhylee West or Will Brodie etc they get shot down. People forget Bachar Houli, Grigg and Nankervis were all fringe players before we got them. Leon Cameron and Greg Dear were castoffs because their club's thought their injuries were career ending but they turned out to be astute pickups. ( For the young kiddies and the bandwagonners who jumped on recently Leon Cameron was a gun who could kick either side better than the whole comp these days and Greg Dear was a battle worn Ruckman on his last legs who helped the kids immensely for 3 years especially during our 95 finals). It's 2 months until the draft who else wants the pick swap scenarios moved elsewhere as it's doing my head in.
We're not in a full rebuild, we don't have the list spots for picking up fringe players at this stage

None of those trades had negative value though. Negative value trades are illegal under AFL rules.

Where they might get away with it though is trading pick 19 for a future second, as there's probably only a couple of spots in that. I can't see the AFL allowing North to get pick 19 by trading a future third though. That's very obviously a negative value trade.
Phillips went for pick 60 . Peter wright pick 60 ,,,both wages went with it

7 15 26 28 38 41 46

CCJ to North pick 39

7 15 26 28 38 39 41 46

38 39 41 46 to Dogs for 17 74 & 2022 R2

7 15 17 26 28 74 Dogs 2022 R2

74 to North for Tarrant

7 15 17 26 28 Dogs 2022 R2

7 & 17 for Crows 4 & 23

4 15 23 26 28 Dogs 2022 R2

4 - Ward/Callaghan/Hobbs/Gibcus

15 - Johnson/Wanganeen-Milera/Roberts

23/26/28 - Any 3 of Van Rooyen/Williams/Bazzo/Alleer

Some Saturday morning thoughts(or lack of) to contemplate.

Fire away folks
calculating-puzzled.gif

Also for people who are "happy" with CCJ for 38. This pushes it back to 39. George Hewitt compo pushes it back to pick 40 etc.

Are you happy with pick 40+ for losing CCJ? Because that is what the pick will be.
It has NOTHING to do with being happy. Its all about copping a bit of pain and taking the best we can get for him.

I really think NM could be doing us a favour because im not sure hes the player or is going to be the player people around here are talking about.

Don't think he is ever going to be a top flight key fwd and right atm Nankervis and Soldo are miles in front of him as a ruckman.
The only way he will be missed next season is if JACK or Tom are injured but Samson Ryan will have another needed preseason into him Imo we draft Blake Schlensog who is 22 and is the best kpd in the WAFL who can play both ends. AT 200cm he is exactly the size of defender we lack and is not a kid as such but still young at 22.He can go with Tarrant and Miller has one more preseason then Balta could be moved forward.

This wont go down well here but id be looking at Talia as a rookie or even in the psd. This would definately allow us to play Balta as a key forward we really need to do something about KPF right now.

We lose Astbury and cut Garthwaite who if we are honest is not AFL standard .
We gain Tarrant, Talia and Schenslog in effect just one extra tall but we gain great depth and a ready to go Key Forward in a positional change in Balta.

B: Grimes - Talia - ####
HB:#### - Tarrant - ####. Other options Balta, Schlensog, Miller if we dont cut him. Nyuon has time to develop in the two's. If we cop injuries here we are well covered.

HF: #### - Balta - Riewoldt
F: #### - Lynch - ####. Other options Schenslog utility, Miller utility who started out as a Forward. Ryan RUCK/FWD still develops. It gives us some cover here some cover and options at minimal cost.

Tarrant F/A, Talia DF/A, Schlensog pick 28 - 38.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has NOTHING to do with being happy. Its all about copping a bit of pain and taking the best we can get for him.

I really think NM could be doing us a favour because im not sure hes the player or is going to be the player people around here are talking about.

Don't think he is ever going to be a top flight key fwd and right atm Nankervis and Soldo are miles in front of him as a ruckman.
The only way he will be missed next season is if JACK or Tom are injured but Samson Ryan will have another needed preseason into him Imo we draft Blake Schlensog who is 22 and is the best kpd in the WAFL who can play both ends. AT 200cm he is exactly the size of defender we lack and is not a kid as such but still young at 22.He can go with Tarrant and Miller has one more preseason then Balta could be moved forward.

This wont go down well here but id be looking at Talia as a rookie or even in the psd. This would definately allow us to play Balta as a key forward we really need to do something about KPF right now.

We gain Tarrant, Talia and Schenslog in effect just one extra tall but we gain great depth and a ready to go Key Forward in a positional change in Balta.

HB:#### - Tarrant - ####. Other options Balta, Schlensog, Miller if we dont cut him. Nyuon has time to develop in the two's. If we cop injuries here we are well covered.

F: #### - Lynch - ####. Other options Schenslog utility, Miller utility who started out as a Forward. Ryan RUCK/FWD still develops. It gives us some cover here some cover and options at minimal cost.

I was one who was initially gung hoe about getting a late first rounder, early second for CCJ, but I've come to the realisation that Norf hold all the aces here. We can use that 38 as part of a package of our 2nd/3rd rounders to the Bulldogs for their pick 17 (the Doggies just need the points for Darcy). With 7,15, 17 we have many options, including trading up with if we want.

Not too many Premiers from only a year a go usually have such a strong draft hand to reload with elite young talent so quickly.

It's all gravy people!

Last edited:

The biggest thing about ccj that impressed me was when he went for contested marks he seemed to get his hands to the ball at the highest point, making it pretty much impossible to stop from marking without giving away a free kick. I thought he looked very much like a Ben brown up forward but with more ability to go through and compete well in the ruck.
In my opinion balta is a locked in to play key back for the next 10 years. It doesn’t make sense to me to develop a premiership CHB only to swing him into the forward line a couple of years later and he seems to play better reading the ball and using his athleticism to make contests more so then presenting to our mids and finding the right leading lanes.

7 15 26 28 38 41 46

CCJ to North pick 39

7 15 26 28 38 39 41 46

38 39 41 46 to Dogs for 17 74 & 2022 R2

7 15 17 26 28 74 Dogs 2022 R2

74 to North for Tarrant

7 15 17 26 28 Dogs 2022 R2

7 & 17 for Crows 4 & 23

4 15 23 26 28 Dogs 2022 R2

4 - Ward/Callaghan/Hobbs/Gibcus

15 - Johnson/Wanganeen-Milera/Roberts

23/26/28 - Any 3 of Van Rooyen/Williams/Bazzo/Alleer

Some Saturday morning thoughts(or lack of) to contemplate.

Fire away folks
I wonder if Riley West might be part of the Dogs trade scenario you’ve proposed as well

WAFL Colts Grand Final on now 7 Plus

lineups here

5 mins played…Van Rooyen 2 goals already

patrick Kitchener for Swan Distrctts looks pretty good …worth looking at pick 40 ish

van Roopen..3 goals in the first half
Van Rooyen is the player we should get with #15
Mock drafts have him going later but i doubt he lasts past #17/18

where are you watching this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back