List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Magic,I'm a 42 year tiger member and tigers first win in season 2010 was round 10 with tigers loosing 13 AFL games in a row from 2009 until 2010 round 9,
Headlines were ,IS this the AFLs worst ever side.
How are they going to rebuild with 2 new sides coming taking their picks. View attachment 1504856View attachment 1504857thisView attachment 1504858this above is round 9,2010,our 13th straight loss.
We were a rabble. No doubt.
One of the truly great resurrections of a club ever. Possibly the best?

Not to be a Debbie Downer but for the T&H trade to work as well as some are predicting a lot needs to go right.
Unfortunately I think it’s come about two years too late to give us much leeway for things to go awry as we lose some key player/culture lynchpins over the next year or two and the are already past their prime…
Still, a great move by the club if they can pull it off.

the amount of people comparing this to hawks mitchell and o meara is staggering

View attachment 1504838

View attachment 1504844
Of course nuffys would think that ,,o meara missed 2y with knee injury prior to join hawks and never regained his early promise , mitchell is a ball magnet that does no damage ,,,neither had been cogs in a decent side , mitchell was het to cement his place

Last edited:
Of course Buffy’s would think that ,,o meara missed 2y with knee injury prior to join hawks and never regained his early promise , mitchell is a ball magnet that does no damage ,,,neither had been cogs in a decent side , mitchell was het to cement his place

I think people forget how good Mitchell was looking like becoming in those early years playing for Sydney. Was such a dynamic midfielder who could go forward and kick goals. Don’t know what happened, but never was able to reach those heights. Injuries maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our list was terrible. We turned over 38 players in Dimma’s first three years (with compromised drafts because of the new clubs). That alone speaks for itself. It’s basically a full ground up rebuild - and honestly has never received the credit it deserves. Making finals in 2013 was a huge achievement and deserves more respect. Whenever people talk rebuild as a pathway for clubs I’m just amazed the Tiges aren’t the first thing people allude to.
that was a full re-build when we couldn't access any low picks due to GC & GWS getting access to the first 10 pick between them before we got a chance even though we finished low in the ladder in Dimma's 1st & 2nd years. Super effort to achieve what we have under those circumstances !

Some of it was crap.

Mosts lists are.

We brought in some crap to, don't worry about that, when Dimma was coach

Do you want me to go through them??

When Matty Clarke came in it improved things
Matty Clarke’s first year in charge was the year we won a flag. In other words with someone else’s list. 🤔

Everyone needs to remember there’s only 1 x team out of 18 that win the flag … it’s bloody hard to do. So when 17 teams don’t win, the muppet media need to find the most obvious and click worthy reason. So if Richmond struggle at any stage over the next 7-years, be prepared for the reason to be the recruitment of TT and Hopper. Even if they are playing well, they’ll be blamed for the lack of draftees and lack of development of other mids etc… the ONLY way it will be deemed a success is a flag or regular top-4 finishes and near misses.

That’s why you simply have to ignore the haters and go hard to win a flag… the ‘odds’ are we won’t win one in the next 7-years. But I’m just glad our
club is willing to pull the trigger and roll the dice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone needs to remember there’s only 1 x team out of 18 that win the flag … it’s bloody hard to do. So when 17 teams don’t win, the muppet media need to find the most obvious and click worthy reason. So if Richmond struggle at any stage over the next 7-years, be prepared for the reason to be the recruitment of TT and Hopper. Even if they are playing well, they’ll be blamed for the lack of draftees and lack of development of other mids etc… the ONLY way it will be deemed a success is a flag or regular top-4 finishes and near misses.

That’s why you simply have to ignore the haters and go hard to win a flag… the ‘odds’ are we won’t win one in the next 7-years. But I’m just glad our
club is willing to pull the trigger and roll the dice.

True but weve got a lot more chance of winning one in the next 2 -3 years than at least half the comp.

I think people forget how good Mitchell was looking like becoming in those early years playing for Sydney. Was such a dynamic midfielder who could go forward and kick goals. Don’t know what happened, but never was able to reach those heights. Injuries maybe?

Never been a metres gained mid , little dicky handballs to accumulate numbers oppo leave him be coz he isn’t hurting them ,,, neither have been prime movers in a reg finals side ,

Blues recruitment from GWS with complicit media:-

1 Zack Williams
2 Kristian Jaksch
3 Matthew Kennedy
4 Jed Lamb
5 Caleb Marchbank
6 Rhys Palmer
7 Andrew Phillips
8 Jarrod Pickett
9 Lachie Plowman
10 Will Setterfield
11 Liam Sumner
12 Mark Whiley

Richmond (potential) recruitment of GWS players with media losing their s**t and wanting the rules changed:-

1 Hopper
2 Taranto
Every one a spud

A bit harsh. He won a Brownlow at Hawthorn. Then badly broke his leg and probably never quite the same. The game is also not really suited to small accumulators any more.

I forgot about that! Great point …. 13th placed Tigers, who hadn’t won a final for 15-years and had won 2 finals in the last 35-years …. lose one of their best players who was still only 29yo to an expansion team who just came off a 2-point PF loss ….

Where was the melting about equalisation and fairness then?

I know a bunch of Tigers on BF ring SEN regularly … I hope to hear this great point about Deledio next week … please !!

got better things to call sen on than this old tripe

Mic Cullen , now thats a blast from the past lol

Yep, I remember him from that old Tigertalk page that Weaver used to run under his real name. Remember there used to be that guy Blackjack that was always stirring up trouble. I wonder if he ever ended up here. There's a few of us who ported across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back