List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Freo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Having the media flapping all over the place that Fyfe is going here, there and everywhere makes his inevitable re-signing so much sweeter. The media have tried this on so many times, and listening to Hackdorn make shit up and then backtrack almost makes it worth tuning into 6PR. Almost.

If Donny from Spearwood would stop phoning in then it would be even better.
Is he still ringing? I haven't listened to 6pr for about 5 years and he was talking tripe way back then

Call me optimistic but i think fyfe will make an announcememt when we move into the new training facilities in December or January. That will give us a nice boost to the 2017 season and double publicity for the new facilities to intice more talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about 7 for 14 And Sydney 2017 first.
We then get 8 or 10 plus 24 from gc for Barlow and Freo 2017 first
Would prob try and sound out gc trade interest first but gets us 10, 14, 24... This year and keeps us a first next year
Wow, first post and straight to business. Welcome Brad Lloyd and given the week you've had, I reckon you've hit a purple patch so maybe that might just work.

Call me optimistic but i think fyfe will make an announcememt when we move into the new training facilities in December or January. That will give us a nice boost to the 2017 season and double publicity for the new facilities to intice more talent.
I heard something not too long ago about either Nat or his manager making a big announcement in December but I think it's related to his brand NF7. Would be great if he announced he's signed for four more years. And of he's asking for top dollar, i'd be happy to pay him because he's worth it.

I'm not too sure we need to try and downgrade 7 into 2 highish picks.

We've already done well with our trades and don't think we need to think about getting more youth in through the door.

Keep 7 and nab that best available at 7. GC could be the only one to try and downgrade with, to perhaps 10 but I don't see them throwing much back our way anyway, maybe 44. If 43 and 44 could both be used to grab Hamling and Kersten, then maybe it's about the only consideration I'd give as it allows us to keep pick 35. It would also come with the unfair request that they don't touch SPS and English at picks 4,6,7 and 8 meaning we'd definitely get one of them at 10.

Hopefully we still have 35 for a speculative punt.

Otherwise I'm more then happy we have McCarthy, Hill and likely Hamling and Kersten.

We will also lose some more players next year as part 2 of our list clean up takes place. Dawson, Griffin, Sandilands, Johnson are some mature heads I'd not expect to go on much longer. Then you have Suban, Ibbo and Ballas who will have to have done to earn another contract. We'll also likely be revisiting the Barlow and Silvagni 1 year deals they are likely to receive this year. There could be another 10 to go next year.

We will also lose some more players next year as part 2 of our list clean up takes place. Dawson, Griffin, Sandilands, Johnson are some mature heads I'd not expect to go on much longer. Then you have Suban, Ibbo and Ballas who will have to have done to earn another contract. We'll also likely be revisiting the Barlow and Silvagni 1 year deals they are likely to receive this year. There could be another 10 to go next year.
Geebus, you don't realise just how big a transformation our list is going through over a 14 month period until it's written down in front of you. Good times.

Geebus, you don't realise just how big a transformation our list is going through over a 14 month period until it's written down in front of you. Good times.

Yeah it's simply hard to know sometimes. I mean all of us are writing Johnson off and it's highly likely, but a good season and sometimes these types just end up on 1 year deals for a few years.

Personally I think Griffina and Zac Dawson have the writing on the wall. Sandilands I'd be surprised if he plays in 2018, but I wrote him off about 5 years ago.

Suban is 100% gone next year. Ibbo would need to recapture AA form, but there are many youngsters ready to replace him and hence I can't see him going past next year.

Ballas is also as good as done in my view after next year.

Danyl Pearce and Mundy and anyone else who didn't leave in 2017 from my list would likely be gone by the end of 2018.

So by the time 2019 comes along you have Stephen Hill at 29, Fyfe and Walters at 28 but our core youngsters around 22-25 and where I truly think our window will be open for another 2-3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Freo Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back