Two positives and two negatives

Remove this Banner Ad

Happened right in front of me and it was the best & biggest fair hit I've seen all year. A true highlight for me too!
Yep, it was a great hit - the umpy just saw it out of the corner of his eye and instinctively paid a free kick. The most annoying part was that Smith was going for a bit of a run for the first time in his career and it got stopped.

Positives-
  • Luke (The shue dawg, Bootsy) Shuey- A real class midfielder with A grade disposal and awareness.
  • Wilson playing deep as the FF, about flipping time.
  • Hurns Kicking back in the side.
  • Lynch Dropped
  • Beau Jangles beautifully timed legel Bump, Pity it was given as a free cause that was the best clean hit Ive seen all Year....:thumbsu:
Negitives
  • Mcginnity's Marking ability, is terrible.
  • LeCras has been making terrible decisions since the Ess game and he was really bad today.
  • Kennedys lack of goals
  • Woosha's decision to leave Spangher on Edwards when he was getting free from him so easily.
  • Beaus decision to try and Bump when he clearly should have tackled in the 3rd qtr.
Besides these we played really well and if we had continued that fantastic tackeling pressure we had in the first QTR we would have beaten any team....Geelong included.:thumbsu:

Positives:

- Loved the work Shuey was doing. His footskills are first class and in a year when we have been abysmal, it was a real breath of fresh air.
- Nat showing more and more signs every week. Getting involved in the game a bit more. Loved the passage of play when he was chasing a Roos player, the guy saw Nat behind him and shat himself, dropped the ball and fell over:D

Negatives:

- The bullshit seagull goals that Norf kicked. Must have been at least 5 where the ball spilled to the back and they strolled in and kicked them easy as you'd like.
- LeCras sharking it. Counted a couple of plays where instead of doing the team thing he played for himself and had a shot on goal instead of passing it off. He torped one from about 60 out straight into the hands of a Roos player. Obviously he's earned some leeway, but would like to see some more unselfish play from the Frenchman.

From what I can gather form various threads the real positive was that West Coast didn't lose by as much as Freo, that's all that matters right? ;)

Shuey's vision and poise.

No player playing for cheap free kicks.

Lack of gut running in the last.

Beaus waters effort of bump when he should have tackled when it really mattered.
Does he bump because of past injuries?

Positives

- To be competitive what a team as inexperienced as that is quite impressive I think.

- Masten's output was very good in the first quarter. I don't think he's been able to develop the fitness to run out a game on-ball this season, but he showed that he can get into the play and contribute. Hopefully he gets a good run fitness-wise next season and can spend more time on the ball.

- Wilson presented very well

- Eric Mackenzie looked absolutely rock-solid down back. Used the ball very well, with one major exception. The good thing though, is he continues to back himself and hasn't gone back into his shell as other smight have.

- Hurn's kicking was decisive and he looked very good up on the wing. I think between Sheppard, Stevenson, Smith, Waters, A. Selwood, Strijk and Hams, we have enough options to play down back to allow him to spend more time on the wing next season.

Negatives

- Didn't have the fitness to run out the game, though I expect that to improve for the next few seasons.

- Kicking errors provided North far too many easy goals.

Positives -

Finally got to see a team that wasn't 'capped' by limited talented players. (well apart from Mginnity maybe)

No lack of true leadership despite not having our 3 recent 'questionnaire' captains out there.

Pressure on the ball across the ground was far better... could it be we had more speed?

Negatives -

So late in the season... the fear remains that Worsfold will go back to plan A Round 1 next year.

Obvious swings in consistency after excellent 1st quarter. To be expected though.

Severe lack of sweeping small in defense and on our list. Cost us quite a few goals.

This is seriously pissing me off.
In the middle he show glimpes of being very good. Can read the tap and have very quick hands. Why Woosha has to put him on the HFF, also notted Stevens spent alot of time there :(

I watched Masten closely and his groins are buggerred. He cant run out at a quarter and was jogging off like an old man for rub downs every quarter. He needs an operation and half a season off otherwise it will be Luke Ball all over again with this bloke.

He needs to be protected until he gets full fitness and thats the reason why he plays forward so much. It's the exact same situation with Stevens. I dont understand why fans cant see this.

If Masten can get his groins fixed we will start to see dominant displays like he did at the end of last year. The guy is a freak of the highest order when it comes to endurance running but his groins are just no good at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives:

- Wilson
- No Ploddus or Selwood and their rubbish & meaningless cricket score stats.
- Young Players
- Back Line
- Hurn
- The Priority Pick, shame Woosha F**** that up last year.

Negatives
- Need to shuffle out McGuiness
- Schoefield & MacKenzie, disposal needs work (so does the rest of the team), great workrate to work with though
- Kenneddy not the same since LeCras's 12 goals. Suspect it's the Phil Matera Syndrome, "kick it to Phil as if he's the 12 foot leaping monster".
- It took injuries to most senior players to play the young kids. This should have occured 1 month into the new year. We wasted most of the year to blood them.

Next Year
- For the love of God trade out Ploddus & Selwood
- Trade out Lynch & Hansen
- Wilson back up tall for Kenneddy or Darling next year

I watched Masten closely and his groins are buggerred. He cant run out at a quarter and was jogging off like an old man for rub downs every quarter. He needs an operation and half a season off otherwise it will be Luke Ball all over again with this bloke.

He needs to be protected until he gets full fitness and thats the reason why he plays forward so much. It's the exact same situation with Stevens. I dont understand why fans cant see this.

If Masten can get his groins fixed we will start to see dominant displays like he did at the end of last year. The guy is a freak of the highest order when it comes to endurance running but his groins are just no good at the moment.
This. You can already see he's all but completely lost his smooth, balanced running style and pace off the mark, and hopefully this is something that will return should we manage him correctly.

Positives:

- Rookie list players: Strijk, Hams, Stevenson all great kicks

- Shuey awesome preseason form, good to see him back in the team the last few weeks

- Kennedy finally playing a full season, great effort to kick 40+ goals with the crap we served

- Kerr's Hammy: we really missed him, but the rest over the last 2 years will have helped his body heal all the damage he did in our/his glory years.

- Schofield: has done all the right things, just an awesome player who gives it his all

- Waters: a full season from the Goldfish eater, played some great courageous footy has the brainfade/shank here and there but not as bad as he used to be

- Scott Selwood being unleashed as an offensive player, when drafted what I loved about him was his pace, agility and side step..needs to incorporate this into his game more or he'll be too McGinnity like.

- Eric MacKenzie: very underrated defensively/one on one, really like the way he goes for a run, his long kicking is sensational just needs to cut out the dinky pin point passes to players 15m away.

-Lecras: nothing needs to be said other than I hope he can build's his tank/strength over the preseason

2 minor things about Smith:

1. Needs to work on maintaining his intensity.

2. Needs to calm the **** down at times when he is kicking. He is one of those players that seem to have all the time and space in the world with ball in hand but at times he suffers from the 'new breed' trait of kicking the ball for the sake of it.

He probably has other deficiencies in his game right now but he's going to be a good player.

What happened to McGinnity, he had a really nice stretch of 3-4 games where he was touted our next gun mid..

I forgot about Smith; another positive from 2010. He does panic a bit when trying to assess the right option to kick to..must have a mild form of Ebertitus.

McGinnity is going to be a good player. i have seen some good games from him early in the season and sticks to a task well. Will need to improve his foot skills during the pre-season to go to the next level.

McGinnity is going to be a good player. i have seen some good games from him early in the season and sticks to a task well. Will need to improve his foot skills during the pre-season to go to the next level.

no pace no skills no talent
cant find the ball
has no offensive game
just another plodder

you cant have players in your team who offer absolutely nothing going forward scooter's even changed his game this year to be more attacking again
you cant just tag, mginnity aint even that a good a tagger

Remove this Banner Ad

Two positives and two negatives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back