Autopsy Versus Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Conca, White and McGuane all were great as inclusions in a tough week, Batch was half decant and Derickx first up AFL game was good.

Dont get the criticism of the win. Might have been a scrappy, but with almost a third of the team new it was a great effort. We have the Suns next, and with further fine tuning and tweaking should see us good to go against North and the Cheats.

Thought Derickx was ok in the first quarter. Didn't do much afterwards, but his first quarter has been better than what Miller and Vickery have dished up all year. Worth persevering with next week, and with GC's backline, might cause a bit of damage.

I have a feeling if the Dee's had Jamar and Clark, they might have gotten over the line.

Please tell us all about it instead of abusing other posters.
I apologise - broke my own number one rule there.:oops:

As for Rance's deficiencies, I think I already explained on the first page of this thread.

Thought Derrickx had a good debut. Five forwardline tackles in the first half and looked pretty agile and good at ground level for a big bloke. Just needs to gain some confidence and start clunking a few.

Tony shaw would be livid he couldn't have put his 2c in on whites errant fist and jacks hit on frawley which had all the commentators getting their nooses out yet hardly a wimped for the behind play whack to mcguanes guts!

mate if you havent seen rance take contested marks then im not the 1 blind.
So you dont see him getting constantly outmarked, particularly when the ball is coming in? You think he manages to stay with his opponent enough in the same situation and they never manage to lose him? He has the same problems Moore had, but whereas Moore was too slow & too short, Rance just lacks a bit of nouse and timing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just cried all day about the umps today on MMM what a pussy he is. Him and the guy whose cousin plays fullback for Melbourne just whined all day about the umps.

Makes me feel happy that they wasted a number one pick on nancy watts.

We were average but there is something to be said for winning ugly.

Was a both a disappointing win, and a good win.

The good:
Played reasonably well despite 1/3 of the team being turned over from last week.
Despite accuracy being a problem, this week it was largely from missing sitters (rather than speculative snaps).
Mr.X, White, Conca and McGuane all had decent games.

The Bad:
White will get 1-2 weeks for a stupid act.
Kicking accuracy - could / should have been in the 8.
Would have lost handsomely to a top 8 side, in particular North.

Didn't listen to MMM. But the umps (whilst abysmal) didn't lose it for Melbourne.

They are horrific, as bad if not worse than we were in 2010. Lyon should stop whinging and try to figure out what's wrong at Melbourne.

4 Points was what we needed and got them, should have been by more but like a couple of times this year the opposition brought us down to thier level. Terrible game, horror week for the club and poor goal kicking, wrap it up and move on. As seen last night, even the very top teams have poor games.

You missed the bit where i said "had" Cool nit picking though:thumbsu:
Richo and Jack dyer also once played for the club , would you like to add them . Not nit picking just sick to death of the disruption Connors has always brought to the club and after this week was hoping we wouldn't have to endure him being linked to what is happening at the club .

4 Points was what we needed and got them, should have been by more but like a couple of times this year the opposition brought us down to thier level. Terrible game, horror week for the club and poor goal kicking, wrap it up and move on. As seen last night, even the very top teams have poor games.

We needed 4 points and %.

We've been poor since the GWS game so can't just put it down to 1 bad game.

#1 team for disposals but consistently can't finish teams off and take advantage of our dominance. Coaches seriously need to look at this and how we play. I knew as soon as we opened up a small lead early on but couldn't put our foot down past the 5-6 goal mark that it would be a frustrating day and Melbourne would be with us all the way.

On some player notes:

Dea- Don't think he is up to it. Just don't see it with him. Has zero awareness.
Deledio - Was okay. Has played better games.
Cotchin -Was okay. Has played better games.
Tuck - Very good.
Grigg - Very good.
A Maric - Again showed he isn't up to it.
Conca - Very good. 23 touches, 6 clearances. Natural midfielder who should've played against Adelaide.
Ellis - Best game of the year. 21 touches. Ripper kid.
I Maric - Tired.
McGuane - Handy in a new role. Can take a mark and doesn't move like an ocean liner so is an upgrade on Miller. I've always hated him as a player but happy to give him a chance in the side as a forward. True test will come against North, Carlton, etc not Melbourne and GC.
Derickx - Despite some calls of an impressive debut I thought he struggled. Has state league experience and is 24. 6 touches, 0 marks. Not enough.

Horrible performance which probably again showed why we aren't there yet. Worst win of the year. Move onto next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Versus Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back