VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to say at least channel 7 will have better camera work than the usual VFL games. But so far it looks like we've got 3 drunk cameramen instead of 1.

Got the work experience kids who don't know how to use the zoom function on their camera.

If this is the future of football coverage with dei at the forefront, they've lost me. Whoever this lady is doing the "expert" comments, she is hopeless.

Two ruckmen grappling in the ruck contest - free kick Sandringham.
Next ruck contest and the Sandringham ruck pushes the Geelong player out with both hands square in the back - move along, nothing to see here.

Anyone who blows up at an ok female commentator in the VFL after putting up with years of AFL games being butchered by the likes of Watson, Darcy, BT, JB, etc has issues.
I mean I whinge about all the blokes too. I don't mind what she's saying but she only seems to be pointing out everything Geelong are doing wrong.

Sandy butchered multiple entries in a row and nothing was said, but then it was pointed out how we stuffed up our opportunities going forward.

She isn't on her own, whenever our games are on 7 they seem to have an anti-geelong sentiment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we give Furphy another year

I know he's a genuine mature aged option, but there seems something there to work with and another preseason will tell us more
Can’t see any case at all for delisting him now. Showed promise in an area of need.

Starting to get really worried about Jhye Clark.

I'm not seeing anywhere near enough to be as confident as others that he will be a very good AFL player.

Still a kid, still plenty of time on his side... But I want him to be showing much more at this level.

He's starting at centre bounces in the defensive 50 then pushing up as a very defensive midfielder off the back of the contest. It's very similar to the role he played in the AFL and isn't conducive to winning much of the footy.

He's had a good quarter breaking up a lot of play with tackles and smothers. But he's definitely not getting the chance to show any attacking flair.

Can’t see any case at all for delisting him now. Showed promise in an area of need.

Especially as he's a Cat B, so essentially sitting outside the list as a free hit

We've had senior listed players show less who get longer to show their worth

Not sure he makes it, but he could become a valuable VFL option

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back