VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah they'll look at our team and see Stewart, Close, Atkins, Blicavs, Mullin, O'Connor, etc and be really worried that the coaching staff are biased against mature aged talent.

Seriously the overreaction to Hardie not being picked has been insane.

I've watched a bunch of VFL footy this year and even on performance I think he's basically level pegging with Humphries, Mannagh and Knevitt who have also been excellent let alone considering the "do you have traits to set you apart at AFL level" question.
Boy is this is a poor take. Knevitt has not been on Hardie's level at all in the VFL.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought this was going to be a training run after the first 5 minutes or so. We were dominating. But didn’t take advantage

Moving Knevitt into centre square now (from wing) which I like - hope he gets into it

Or just the hold over.

If there was a likely out they would have held over two. With Parf and COS playing VFL that doesnt seem to be the case

Still if someone is out in the next 4 hours Mannagh is in!
Who ‘might’ be the out?

I can’t work out whether I am happy that Phoenix gave strong contest for those last two times in forward footy or I am angry at him always being a step behind and having to try and spoil last minute?

Just the little things..I know COS kick was a bit “iffy” in terms of to 1 on 3 (although number 65 did v well to get it!) but that way he got the ball and the step into space at his size shows why we are excited. It is those little “afl traits” that means we give players time and opportunity to develop

Absolutely horrible quality
In particular front half. Which is different to past few weeks. Not sure why as we are dominating until we get to the critical part of the ground.

Will watch the forwards for a while now and see if they are partially to blame

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back