VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnā€™t watch the whole game but reckon this tweet overstated Teds influence on the game!! šŸ˜€

View attachment 2053613

Also, I have no idea who Darren is, but they've blocked me on Twitter

Pretty sure I've never read one of their tweets until 5 minutes ago on this thread

Oh well šŸ˜‚

Wanted more from Clark today at this level.

He started ok... still not as good as Bruhn/Hardie and then faded as the game went on.

Clark was good but his tank is still an issue. Will be why he misses afl finals but will be good in a couple years.

Bruhn will be straight back in next week.

Hardies papers are clearly stamped if hes not playing over parfitt tonight.

I thought we saw slightly better stanley and i reckon he plays afl next week.

Bews wont play seniors again but hes toiling...moc is just going.
Mullin needs the rest of the year in the 2s and murdoch is delist.

I only watched about 10 mins and it was in the last quarter, Furphy really impressed me in that 10 mins, won the taps on far side and then the ball was in our 50 and he showed a bit of toe for a big fella. After a big preseason I can really see him making a massive jump next year.

Clark was good but his tank is still an issue. Will be why he misses afl finals but will be good in a couple years.

Bruhn will be straight back in next week.

Hardies papers are clearly stamped if hes not playing over parfitt tonight.

I thought we saw slightly better stanley and i reckon he plays afl next week.

Bews wont play seniors again but hes toiling...moc is just going.
Mullin needs the rest of the year in the 2s and murdoch is delist.
We are running out of promotable players in the VFL, especially midfield types. Parfitt has had enough chances, Clark has no engine. Knevitt was terrible against the Dogs and just doesn't seem ready yet. Surely Hardie is best of the rest. Bruhn obviously goes back into the AFL next weekend. I think Parfitt and Knevitt go out. Clohesy gets another chance. Maybe that's it because Neale will come back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it wasn't, but I've noticed little positivity about him making it, so I kind of extended the question, out of curiosity.
I think heā€™s looked really good, unlike most Cat Bs he can actually do the basics. Needs a tank.

I think heā€™s looked really good, unlike most Cat Bs he can actually do the basics. Needs a tank.
agreed... he's got potential and needs time and ruck fitness

GO Catters

It is crazy how much people expect of these category B rookies early on.

In the scheme of the total football pyramid they are jumping in at a very high level for inexperienced footballers.

I mean in some ways, these harsh judges are not wrong, they do have to show something almost immediately if they are going to make it.

But I am always impressed how quickly they can play at the level. It is a very tough road for these guys. They have to be pretty exceptional.

Last edited:
It's so annoying that our VFL game starts at 1.05pm just 40 minutes before the afl. Why would both clubs want their VFL teams overlapping with the AFL?

Surely they could've started it at 11 or better yet played it on Sunday so the emergencies could get back from Hobart to play.
All good points. By the way, David Byrne says hi.

Stop Making Sense.jpg

So with the VFL draw (we donā€™t play anyone from here in the top 10) it is likely we get Top 4ā€¦.if we manage to do the same in AFL when was the last time we were top 4 for both AFL and VFL?

2013?

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back