VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Willis debut this week with Rohan out? Is he ready?

Would think it's a simply change with Atkins coming back in should he pass any required fitness tests

I like Willis and what he brings to the contest, but would think it's more likely if one of our small forwards miss

I was at the match, under cover don’t worry.

Standouts:
Furphy: (56 hitouts) but did way more around the play and took some great marks.
Knevitt: 2 goals, was always in the contest.
Hardie: same as Knevitt, always was in and under.
Jeka: clear general down back, was great.
Clark: should’ve been in Tassie, very solid game. In and under, few great tackles and efforts.
Willis: needs to be given a few games in the seniors, this kid is a gun. When Rohan retires, get this kid in.

That’s just AFL Listed players, non AFL listed I’d say Tanner Lewis, Marcus Herbert and Jack Sarcevic on debut, kicked the first of the game.

What happened with O'Connor?

What happened with O'Connor?
I’m actually not sure, was hobbling for a bit and looked to be in serious pain, at 3QT was talking to Nigel Lappin about if he can just try and go on in the last for 5 minutes.

Next minute he’s walking past me back into the rooms at the start of the fourth then back out 15 minutes later in trackies and a puffer jacket. Unsure of what happened, something leg related.

I’m actually not sure, was hobbling for a bit and looked to be in serious pain, at 3QT was talking to Nigel Lappin about if he can just try and go on in the last for 5 minutes.

Next minute he’s walking past me back into the rooms at the start of the fourth then back out 15 minutes later in trackies and a puffer jacket. Unsure of what happened, something leg related.
Ahhhhh that doesn't sound good

While the injury isn't good news, at least trying to get out on the park shows some hunger. I reckon O'Connor can be a bit placid sometimes. I wish he'd fire up a bit.

If Bewsy was omitted from
AFL side and not injured how come he’s not in VFL SQUAD?

Don’t like where this is going

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone in the VFL team worthy of being drafted?
Bradtke has shown some glimpses, he’s someone who could potentially get on a list. I’d say he might need another year at vfl level though.
Ajang Kuol hasn’t been seen at vfl level for a while but he’s dominating gdfl and only not play of because of the other ruck options geelong have had. He was spoken about in the mid season draft due to lack of ruck options it wouldn’t surprise to see a team draft him.

Bradtke has shown some glimpses, he’s someone who could potentially get on a list. I’d say he might need another year at vfl level though.
Ajang Kuol hasn’t been seen at vfl level for a while but he’s dominating gdfl and only not play of because of the other ruck options geelong have had. He was spoken about in the mid season draft due to lack of ruck options it wouldn’t surprise to see a team draft him.

I don't see it in Bradtke, I thought he would be a lot better given that he had already been on an AFL list. I preferred Pike over Ajang Kuol, though with the change the rookie rules I could see someone park him on their list, a lot of potential there. Floor vs ceiling situation.

I don't see it in Bradtke, I thought he would be a lot better given that he had already been on an AFL list. I preferred Pike over Ajang Kuol, though with the change the rookie rules I could see someone park him on their list, a lot of potential there. Floor vs ceiling situation.
Bradtke is only 22 still lots of time for development. He works hard in games, should learn to use his size more as he plays more like a tall flanker.
I haven’t seen as much of Pike but it’s exciting what others have posted on him. Ajang Kuol might not make the step up but you’d think someone will want to see if he can cause he has a big ceiling like you say and could shoot up in an afl environment.

Should still beat carlton with that side.

Not sure about that. Carlton are much improved from early in the year and we've lost all our mature AFL players.

Our VFL listed players tend to be poor so guys like Hardie, Clark, Clohesy and Knevitt will have to be very good for us to win this.

Unless Box Hill beat Werribee next week we only need to win one of our last 2 to make top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back