VFL VFL Round 20 v Werribee @ Avalon Airport Oval. Sunday Aug 6th 12pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate singling people out, but Joe Richards just isn't up to it. Not sure if we can delist without re-rookieing but that would be my preference at this point.

Was Stupid move by Club in last year's Draft

Hate singling people out, but Joe Richards just isn't up to it. Not sure if we can delist without re-rookieing but that would be my preference at this point.
Might as well re-rookie him and just get him to put the cones out at training considering we are paying him either way.

We got plenty of AFL listed players out there... any chance of them playing a good game?
Plenty of them are no good. Murley, Drafter and Begg have all been there two years and I'm not sure they have ever played a good game between them. Reef and Kruger play well about 1 out of 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His record is seriously horrendous. Look at our line-up yesterday:

• 3 F/S gifts
  • 1 x academy gift
  • 8 players traded in
  • 6 players from the last 9 years of drafting (Murphy, Mihocek, Maynard, Noble, McCreery and Johnson)
  • Elliott, JDG, Pendlebury and Sidebottom all drafted 9+ years ago

Compare that to Hawthorn's starting midfield that annihilated us at centre bounces:
  • Ned Reeves (PSD)
  • Nash (Rookie)
  • Newcombe (Rookie)
  • Worpel (pick 45)

Genuinely embarrassing contrast.

Hine was great early in his career but instead of improving had gone backwards and stagnated over the decade. Seems to be surviving on the fumes of his early success.

Last edited:
If he can control his composure, be team focused ie don’t fly for unmarkable balls, then his aggression/effort mobility and agility take him past AJ.
He's been pretty good with that in the last few games though mate. He's still aggressive but not as reckless as he once was which is good for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL Round 20 v Werribee @ Avalon Airport Oval. Sunday Aug 6th 12pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back