Welcome to the Bulldogs Sam Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

That wasn’t really Bruce’s role today, Schache would have been better suited to how we used Bruce.
Then he was mis used. Do you think Schache would have at least goaled ?

At this stage of his career, he's overwhelmingly the best of the D'Arcys. Both Dave and Luke were still playing in the twos, not together, of course.

Last edited:
Such a natural footballer . He doesn’t just mark the ball because of his reach. He’s got that uncanny ability that great players have to know where the ball is going to drop .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but I listened to the latest Danny Boyd podcast last week. Rodney Eade was the guest.

Eade has involvement with Scotch College so he knows both JUH and Darcy very well.

Danny asked Rocket to comment on both. He said he didn't have as much to do with JUH because his draft year was more interrupted by Covid, but he said Sam is a natural forward who has outstanding craft. He couldn't speak highly enough about him. They then talked about his massive height so Danny used Joe Daniher as a comparison and asked if he will be as good as the Brisbane spear head. I've never heard Rocket answer so quickly. "Oh, yeah, he'll be better than Daniher" was his response.

To be better than Daniher is pleasing, given that you could mount a solid case that he is an A grader (some may dispute this), but the confidence and quickness in Rocket's answer left me thinking it is a crazy comparison (poles apart).

Geeeees, I hope he doesn't have any more injuries. The fact he is still growing is a positive and a negative. I'd be perfectly fine with him not growing any more. He's already tall enough and being too tall could become detrimental.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Bulldogs Sam Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back