What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite a negative article about Cameron. I remember thinking at the time we may have missed a trick going for Bevo instead of Leon. Oh, how wrong I was.

Seems that no matter how much training, apprenticeships, development, time in successful systems, whatever one does, there really seems to be no way (a bit like the role of CEO, Prime Minister or state Premier) to tell how a coach will go until they actually get in the role. One must play the cards they have been dealt, but can still get it wrong even when they've seen good and bad hands.

Quite a negative article about Cameron. I remember thinking at the time we may have missed a trick going for Bevo instead of Leon. Oh, how wrong I was.

Seems that no matter how much training, apprenticeships, development, time in successful systems, whatever one does, there really seems to be no way (a bit like the role of CEO, Prime Minister or state Premier) to tell how a coach will go until they actually get in the role. One must play the cards they have been dealt, but can still get it wrong even when they've seen good and bad hands.

Timid footballers NEVER make good coaches

Sadly they teased us with banjo talk but didn’t ask the question

He’s a good bloke , very humble. He had a straight talking exit interview at the end of last season & hired himself a personal trainer. Then he did all his running with Jack Steele. It shows, I think he ran 12km yesterday

In the post game Fox coverage he said he'd been "sober" for 90-something days and wanted to get to 100.

If we beat Brisbane we might not see him for a month!
Bendigo pub crawl anyone? 😁

I watched it. Was mostly just discussing his career including his playing days, a bit about coaching St Bede's, a few old clips etc. There wasn't really much talk about the current year, other than him saying it's Richmond first and we're in the pack behind trying to catch them (stating the obvious).
Dont watch the show because of that idiot pang

IF any West Australians wish to complain about commentators, I always direct them to their own regional radio. Those guys don’t even know the opposition players and you can regularly get commentary that goes like this:
“Fyfe dispossessed on attacking fifty.... .... strong tackle that.... Hamling dropped a sitter .... Dogs kick a goal”.
That is the full 30 seconds. It’s been like that for years.
Then when I am listening to a game commented on over here (where I am going for Freo/WC), and it’s balanced. Yet, I hear my Freo/WC friends complaining....
That moron Tim gossage needs a belting

I respectfully disagree with this one too.

yeah seems harsh on Pang, he’s reasonably funny and comes across as a guy who would be decent to chat to.

I remember a joke he made about his career playing junior rep footy with Jono Brown. Pang recalled his nickname was “the orchid”. Because he needed absolutely perfect conditions to thrive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ol' mate Jack Niall can't resist a not so subtle dig at us either:
"The embarrassment of a team conceding 10 goals, not to Tom Hawkins or Jack Riewoldt, but to Bulldog Josh Bruce underscores where North sits in 2021 and the hard road ahead."

AFL 2021: Why clubs should look at former North Melbourne Kangaroos coach Brad Scott (theage.com.au)

Lol.. Damo having a dig at Bevo on the Sunday footy show about his after match for presser on Friday.

Bevo warned AFL media to back of Norf because they're at ground zero of their rebuild.

Did anyone else see this? Did I mishear it?

Lol.. Damo having a dig at Bevo on the Sunday footy show about his after match for presser on Friday.

Bevo warned AFL media to back of Norf because they're at ground zero of their rebuild.

Did anyone else see this? Did I mishear it?
Having a dig would be a strong term...

Sounded to me that they thought it was interesting that Bevo was talking about North after being asked a question about the dogs players.

I suppose Jake Niall can always hold up his own shining AFL career as a comparison. Oh hang on...

The embarrassment of a team conceding 10 goals, not to Tom Hawkins or Jack Riewoldt, but to Bulldog Josh Bruce underscores where North sits in 2021 and the hard road ahead.

I find this a very negative comment from Jake Niall. He kicked 10 goals I would say most players who kicked 10 or more are in a team that dominated the opposition on the day. Why belittle his performance in an article about North.

Ol' mate Jack Niall can't resist a not so subtle dig at us either:
"The embarrassment of a team conceding 10 goals, not to Tom Hawkins or Jack Riewoldt, but to Bulldog Josh Bruce underscores where North sits in 2021 and the hard road ahead."

AFL 2021: Why clubs should look at former North Melbourne Kangaroos coach Brad Scott (theage.com.au)

Ironically there appears a piece trying to get Scott a job right under an article saying how shit is Norf. Scott, the bloke that list managed Norf into their current shit show. Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back