What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

The wider football media grading Sydney on a curve just goes to show that they are little more than weather vanes blowing with the wind and they have no idea what they're talking about. One only needs to look at their recent form line to understand that a combination of being unable to sustain the incredible high tempo of early in the season and regular type injuries that all teams encounter was always going to see them come back to the field. Im not sure that they can just flick the switch and get that early season momentum back. Given how reliant they are on their midfield running the ball through the middle of the ground to generate scoring opportunities and how teams have worked out how to stop them doing so.

Because my bigfooty persona is in a perpetual state of adolescence. I like to make fun of Kingy the beady eyed bastard, but he along with Gerard Whateley and to a lesser extent Garry Lyon have been all aboard the dogs train for a while now. And now that the momentum of recent results finally have us arriving into the 8. They won't be the last to jump aboard.

One person I would be happy to have nowhere near our train.

Cornes is a funny one. In his AFL.com.au show he had a go at all the Port fans who wanted Hinkley gone, and that he’s embarrassed for them. Yet no mention of him calling for Bevo to be gone for 2 years.

Yep, that's Cornes. He thinks his hot takes don't come with receipts and like toilet paper that gets flushed once used. Never to be seen again. Sorry Korn, doesn't work that way.

Once again, as Norm mentioned, he's the embodiment of the weather vane media who flip flop every day let alone week.

Yep, that's Cornes. He thinks his hot takes don't come with receipts and like toilet paper that gets flushed once used. Never to be seen again. Sorry Korn, doesn't work that way.

Once again, as Norm mentioned, he's the embodiment of the weather vane media who flip flop every day let alone week.

He’d just argue that PA have finished top 4 and they supposedly don’t have as good a list as the Dogs under Bevo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gerard Healy in tonight's pre-game about Rylet Sanders:
"He hasn't justified the high pick used on him".

**** me. These clowns are pathetic
Absolute dogshit take.

Sanders has overachieved and encouraged me more if anything.

He had a similar disgraceful call way too early against wanganeen milera.

Gerard Healy in tonight's pre-game about Rylet Sanders:
"He hasn't justified the high pick used on him".

**** me. These clowns are pathetic
Are people forgetting that Ryley has already played more games in his first year than both Darcy and JUH did combined?! And now both of them are killing it at AFL level.

We're not a bottom 4 side, very rare that first year players walk into an already established team and play very well.

Cornes is a funny one. In his AFL.com.au show he had a go at all the Port fans who wanted Hinkley gone, and that he’s embarrassed for them. Yet no mention of him calling for Bevo to be gone for 2 years.
He said it was ‘bizarre’ we had the start we had to the season, yet doesn’t seem to think it was bizarre that Brisbane, Hawthorn and Freo had poor starts to the season and doesn’t find it bizarre that Sydney and Carlton had great starts but suck now.

🤡 🤡

Are people forgetting that Ryley has already played more games in his first year than both Darcy and JUH did combined?! And now both of them are killing it at AFL level.

We're not a bottom 4 side, very rare that first year players walk into an already established team and play very well.
I remember there was a random game earlier in the year where Dermott was banging on about how selfish Sanders was as a junior. It was some seriously strange commentary against a player early in his career.

Given those two commentate together, I can only assume there’s some actual personal history there that we aren’t aware of.

It was completely unprofessional and out of line.

Chad’s brother’s go-to line when it comes to us is, ‘Their list is stacked’. It allows him to pile on us when we lose and vindicate this statement when we win. Uncle Ken gets the opposite treatment even though he has been at the Tarps longer than Bevo with no actual success.

sure, he hates bevo. but .... he wasnt wrong about us. Our list is stacked and it was underperforming, and now its not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember there was a random game earlier in the year where Dermott was banging on about how selfish Sanders was as a junior. It was some seriously strange commentary against a player early in his career.

Given those two commentate together, I can only assume there’s some actual personal history there that we aren’t aware of.

It was completely unprofessional and out of line.

Coming from a bloke who stomped on an opponents head, admitted to kneeing a bloke deliberately in the groin (Yeates) and all his other 'selfish' visits to the tribunal.

I know some people have bagged Cooney after he moved to Tullamarine, then in the media, but my daughter and wife watching the Celebrity Doghouse, featuring the Cooney family.

The back story of his now wife already having a daughter with cerebral palsy at 19yo when she met him as a 16yo, and him taking on that responsibility as a teenage step dad, then adding more kids, and how it kept him grounded during his footy career, is an interesting context on the things you don't appreciate some players are facing off field.

His esky lid surfing escapade was probably the worst thing he ever got up to off field, and the constant rumours he would flee back to an SA club at the first opportunity were ungrounded, until his mutual departure in the end of 2014 fall out.
Seems a great family man, and a strong bond to his disabled step daughter, so wish him all the best on that front.
Plus he'll always be a Bulldog Brownlow medallist and 200 gamer. 🙂🔴⚪🔵

Posted this in the non-AFL thread, but probably just as relevant here, being a past player.

Weren’t we one of the worst for scores against from turnovers earlier in the year?

Is it Lobb?
Lobb and team structure I'd imagine. They showed a screenshot of our team set up with Buku playing the deepest defender at the time of the screenshot. It made me wonder how Buku is seen internally. I come from a soccer background and you would never leave a "non-leader" in the sweeper position

Big stat from David King;

Over the last 3 games, we have conceded a total of 56 points from turnovers, which is the lowest 3 game total for any team ever recorded.
The intercepting work of a tall and medium defenders has been great. Also I don’t want to be too harsh on the kid but I think Gallagher has one of the lowest disposals per turnover ratios in the league and he’s missed the last 3 games.

The intercepting work of a tall and medium defenders has been great. Also I don’t want to be too harsh on the kid but I think Gallagher has one of the lowest disposals per turnover ratios in the league and he’s missed the last 3 games.
🤔 Coincidence?

Need more data to be conclusive so we need to select him for the next 3 games to validate or disprove the theory.

Sanders’ year is tracking similarly to Jack Macrae’s debut year , and he has more pace. You never say no to that.

If Sanders was a Swan, Healy would have a totally different opinion. Totally different. He's an entered the Joe Biden phase as a commentator.

If Sanders was a Swan, Healy would have a totally different opinion. Totally different. He's an entered the Joe Biden phase as a commentator.
Sanders ain't a Swan, though. He's a chicken. And Healy is totally fried. He should consider leaving Australia. I hear the property market in Kentucky is decent.

King did say we turn it over roughly the same as everyone else, we just don’t get punished by them

Remove this Banner Ad

What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back