What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP, gone too soon
Rest-In-Peace-Quotes-Sayings-Images-Pictures-Status.jpg

I’ve been mates with Sam for over 10 years, I’m shattered. I can assure you all that he was as passionate about the Dogs as anyone on this forum. Absolutely loved them.

RIP.

Condolences to you, his family & loved ones

I’ve been mates with Sam for over 10 years, I’m shattered. I can assure you all that he was as passionate about the Dogs as anyone on this forum. Absolutely loved them.

RIP.

Condolences to you and to his family.

Thoughts and prayers with you all.

I'm actually numb, News like this just puts everything into perspective. Footy feels like life or death at times for the passionate, until something like this happens and sobers you right up.

Goodbye, Sam! Have a good one up there and I personally want to Thank you for your wonderful work. Especially on Midweek Tackle, a brilliant an actually insightful Footy show, which I haven't missed once this year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished work and this is basically the first thing I saw :(

One of the best journos currently and was on his way to the top with age on his side and the fact he wouldn’t go hunting in the gutters for a scoop. This is just gutting all-around.

RIP Sam, condolences to his family & friends and those who knew him personally.

Horrific news.

I didn't know Sam, but he always came across as a decent bloke, passionate about journalism and good stories.

As someone who spent a long time in media many moons ago, he seemed like the sort of bloke you would love as a colleague and as a mate.

The fact he was such fervent supporter of our club put him even higher still in my estimations. Like Stevo, he would always have the inside word on our club and would be fighting the good fight and championing us.

His Dad, Jake, was my grandparents GP at the clinic in Droop Street for many many years and he always looked after them so well, a really good man, a gentleman, who went above and beyond, so my heart is breaking for him and the family tonight.

Awful news.

RIP Sam.

RIP.
I am so sorry to hear, I hope you're doing as well as you can be at the moment. Not that this is any small comfort right now, but I hope his loved ones all know what a tremendous impact he had on sports media in Australia as evidenced by the overwhelming love he's receiving from people that have never met him. I hope his presence and positive influence inspires other journalists to live by his example of integrity for years to come. Thoughts are with you.

Remove this Banner Ad

What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back