What Will Minson said to Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

So he can say whatever he wants on the field because he works with a charity?

What an incredibly stupid thing to say. It was an awful thing to say, how many times do I have to say this??? Maybe read what I've wrote???? Does that sentence 6 years ago guarantee that he is a terrible person the rest of his life??

What an incredibly stupid thing to say. It was an awful thing to say, how many times do I have to say this??? Maybe read what I've wrote???? Does that sentence 6 years ago guarantee that he is a terrible person the rest of his life??
Huh? Guarantee he's a terrible person for the rest of his life??
I don't determine that. But I do think he's a shit bloke for what he said. Regardless of what he has done since.

You should realise that people are allowed to have different opinions to your own without attacking them for it.

Considering he was so desperate to get away from footy mid-season for the "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity to be a firefighter, it's interesting that he's already able to get time off from training/working to flit off to Melbourne to do a TV interview about his footy career.
Wow, where do you work if you can't get from Adelaide to Melbourne and back on the weekend? Pretty sure they won't be working him 7 days a week every week mate :rolleyes:

He has aa pretty good track record of being a campaigner.

Huh? Guarantee he's a terrible person for the rest of his life??
I don't determine that. But I do think he's a shit bloke for what he said. Regardless of what he has done since.

You should realise that people are allowed to have different opinions to your own without attacking them for it.

You shouldn't completely misrepresent people. Where did I say "he can say whatever he wants on the field" ???

What I said was "a shit act," "a dick on the field," and an "awful thing to say." That's what annoyed me

What so he brings it up again for the sake of a few dollars?
Really shouldve been left alone, shit thing to say, but its best to just let it go.

Himself, Chad and Graham will all be on Open Mike. Mike probably asked about it

Two things

Mike Sheahean isn't a money chasing grub, like some idiots are implying, Open Mike is the best footy show on tv, encourages brutal heartfelt honesty, I was in tears watching the Brian Cook interview last Monday, and the revelations of Cookie's Mother committing suicide when he was 9 years old. Gave me a new found admiration for Brian Cook.

Secondly what Will Minson said to Cornes was unforgivable and i think when he gets older, he'll end up with very friends in footy and will regret that he wasted his talented.

Minson had the talent to be a multiple AA player and part of the Doggies bright future, but due to his attitude and seemingly lack of self control and discipline, he'll likely be shown the door at seasons end.

Minson has been his own worst enemy.

No you said that Will would "eat them for breakfast"
These people who you don't know, and you wouldn't have a faintest clue as to weather or not they could take on Will. So you were the one speaking 'complete BS'.
I called you out on it, that's all.
If we all acknowledge that you, not Will Minson, are "The hardest bloke in the world™" will you stfu?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it would be hell, so what? Even more reason to be by his side. Imagine what his son would be going through, yet his Dad is off playing football instead of being by his side.

How would it all have gone down if his son actually died whilst Cornes was off playing footy?

Minson asked a bloody good question.
Geez that's what a family needs when a child is sick, for dad to quit his job and no income coming in. No seriously.

And about 1,000,000x the bloke compared to that thing in your avatar.

Not involving death, but still pretty deeply cutting and personal, was "Walk like your wife did" said to Alec Stewart by a member of the Australian cricket team, after his wife left him for his best mate.
Trust the cricketers to drown Minson out in white noise. We could go on forever with these guys. How about in state cricket when Warne used to bait the shit out of Slater over his bipolar disorder. He used to stand i nthe slips and all day long say "tick tick tick tick tick tick...." ... until Slater completely lost his shit and threw away his wicket, to which Warne would yell out "boom!"

I've got it first hand from a guy that toured the sub continent and is now a commentator. He confirms the worst of the worst stories. He's seen shit like Bob Hawke accidentally letting it slip in the Australian dressing room that the yanks were invading Iraq (and getting dragged from the room by the heavies). He's seen Boonie get completely rat faced on tour in Pakistan and nearly miss the team bus leaving the hotel because he stumbled down the stairs late in his underpants pissed as a fart. Above everything else he's seen on the cricket field he is adament nobody will match Arjuna Runatunga for a sledge. Ever.

No excuses. In saying that, there is a lot of bad blood between the Minsons and Port after Hugh's time there. Kane seems to have forgotten he started the sledging battle and a Will quipped back with his shocking comment

His wife Lucy encouraged Kane to keep on playing footy at the time to take his mind off what was happening with Eddy. Being stuck in hospital watching your son fight for his life would be absolute hell.
x2. He's got to stay positive and healthy. Being stuck at the hospital for x amount of time would destroy his soul.

Of course it would be hell, so what? Even more reason to be by his side. Imagine what his son would be going through, yet his Dad is off playing football instead of being by his side.

How would it all have gone down if his son actually died whilst Cornes was off playing footy?

Minson asked a bloody good question.
Minson did ask a good question. But ask another one. For example, what good would sitting at a hospital in those circumstances do for weeks on end. What it's going to achieve? Cornes's mental and physical wellbeing would diminish significantly.

Makes me wonder what the motivation of this article is about

Yup what Minson said was poor ....but if you have been holding onto this for that long then you have serious problem on your hands ..

Go see someone get help or whatever ......

Or is it $$$$$.....I'm wondering how much open mike guests are paid ?

I would also like to meet Minsons father ....where did will get his values and beliefs from? Reckon it was his father most likely

x2. He's got to stay positive and healthy. Being stuck at the hospital for x amount of time would destroy his soul.

Yes ....Kane would have been a bigger mental wreck if he hadn't played ...

And I reckon his son would have wanted his dad to play ....

I haven't read anything in the thread or news .....is the son ok now?

No excuses. In saying that, there is a lot of bad blood between the Minsons and Port after Hugh's time there. Kane seems to have forgotten he started the sledging battle and a Will quipped back with his shocking comment
Fair enough. Spose Will learnt his lesson and never personally attacked opponents after that then?

Remove this Banner Ad

What Will Minson said to Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back