Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interested to hear from "THE NEUTRALS" Mr Meow and Grand Uncle Horace - Collingwood posters are feeling let down jilted and all lonely tonight come and give them a big sympathy cuddle - make them feel better.
I mean show me where, before or during the season, I've had Cartlton less than top 4 or a genuine contender.

Nice try, hilarious when you tagged a number of us after our previous outing
Show me the receipts where I dismissed Carltons credentials. I called out sooking and excuse making early in the year, said they would turn things around and so it turned out. They're playing the smooth, top 4 level football I predicted of them before the season.

Unsurprosingly, the whinging has stopped so we are all getting along famously. Except you. You're an antagonistic odd ball.

Show me the receipts where I dismissed Carltons credentials. I called out sooking and excuse making early in the year, said they would turn things around and so it turned out. They're playing the smooth, top 4 level football I predicted of them before the season.

Unsurprosingly, the whinging has stopped so we are all getting along famously. Except you. You're an antagonistic odd ball.
I poke cat beans to annoy them. It's hilarious.

Nice backtracking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do Pies and Blues folk think about the general standard of footy this season? I find it poor.

I find it truly odd my mob is so far ahead. I reckon we are decent enough but this is absurd. We have umpteen holes to fill and must improve to be competitive… if there is One area we’ve improved it is the ruck. (We are grateful to Lapband Eddie for bequeathing the Grundy subsidy. Does not make up for his racism or being a low life but the subsidy amuses a lot of people)

Yep the Blues finally had a dominant win tonight and good for them but the Cats look completely gone. The Blues in most other years would not be a top 4 team but there you are.

The Pies are down some decent players but are still getting wins. But they too are unimpressive. Their game v nmfc provided a lot of comedy but little else, beyond suburban std footy.

I’ve maybe watched the Dons 4 times but have not been impressed at all. They look like a Blues mid table standard team and produce a unique level of ennui footy that is bad for mental health.

Port under Hinkley are just wack jobs. Giants and Lions are decent enough but chuck in a lot of inexplicable sub par performances.

Footscray are again threatening to be the media, Ump and AFL darlings.

Hawks are the one team that seems to have improved. As for the others meh.

What to do? Bringing in a 19th team, as much as TAS deserve to be here, is heading in the wrong direction. We need to eliminate or amalgamate sufficient Melbourne teams to get us to 16 teams. The quality of footy would markedly increase.

Nah I'm more interested to hear My Tilly take on things. Might hear a cat whimper.

Cat Fail GIF by Ridiculousness

What do Pies and Blues folk think about the general standard of footy this season? I find it poor.

I find it truly odd my mob is so far ahead. I reckon we are decent enough but this is absurd. We have umpteen holes to fill and must improve to be competitive… if there is One area we’ve improved it is the ruck. (We are grateful to Lapband Eddie for bequeathing the Grundy subsidy. Does not make up for his racism or being a low life but the subsidy amuses a lot of people)

Yep the Blues finally had a dominant win tonight and good for them but the Cats look completely gone. The Blues in most other years would not be a top 4 team but there you are.

The Pies are down some decent players but are still getting wins. But they too are unimpressive. Their game v nmfc provided a lot of comedy but little else, beyond suburban std footy.

I’ve maybe watched the Dons 4 times but have not been impressed at all. They look like a Blues mid table standard team and produce a unique level of ennui footy that is bad for mental health.

Port under Hinkley are just wack jobs. Giants and Lions are decent enough but chuck in a lot of inexplicable sub par performances.

What to do? Bringing in a 19th team, as much as TAS deserve to be here, is heading in the wrong direction. We need to eliminate or amalgamate sufficient Melbourne teams to get us to 16 teams. The quality of footy would markedly increase.

It’s hard to disagree with any of that. Really bang on.

I still think Collingwood and Brisbane are both set to find some stellar form as the season goes on.
Especially Brisbane but it’ll be too late to make too 4. Pies would be 7-12 side without Nick Daicos.

Blues are a good side, not great compared to sides of other years and I worry what will happen when they become the hunted or if they cop some top end injuries to the KPPs.

Cats are a rabble.

Sydney need a loss to release the pressure valve.

I mean show me where, before or during the season, I've had Cartlton less than top 4 or a genuine contender.

The only 'altercation' I've had with you is you disagreeing with me regarding who was going to win the rematch - and why.

as for my post it was in jest since you and GUH have been solid "friends of fudgey" in this thread.

Cheers anyway and all the best for the rest of the year.

For my part - I think Carlton are a good chance to finish the year ahead of Collingwood - and the most emphatic proof of that I wish happens in a final at the G - with teams fielding their best 22.

Last edited:

Grand Uncle Horace- the gift that keeps on giving.
You get told off in here for getting ahead of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back