whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol at the fact he chose top 7 when Scully came 8th

and how is North's B&F looking?? winner and placers all under the age of 23 surely?? no your top 8 consisted of these senior players, Rawlings, Harvey, Firrito, Wells and Grima

anyone who thinks that having experienced players winning and placing well in a BF isn't normal for a developing club or ANY club for that matter has no idea about footy :thumbsu:

anyway as i have said, north's better performed younger players are about 2 years further in their development than ours e.g. Swallow, Greenwood, Goldstein and Adams all around the 22 mark

ours are all around the 19-20 mark atm e.g. Scully, Trengove, Watts, Grimes

If they went to top 38 all the young guns would have been listed , 6 out of 7 is pretty convincing , 6 out of 8 is also convincing, the young guns certainly carried you.

thats what i love most. they have had better picks yet its clear that both sides are very even, and at this stage we look better, hence i am loving our recruiting staff

Very similar to Carlton and Collingwood over the past few years. Then if you guys win a Premiership before the Dees they'll probably accuse you of tanking because you had a couple of top 5 picks in your team.

(a)There's nothing between Hansen and Frawley
(b)Adams has it over Grimes.
Wright has it over Petterd.
Cunnington has massive upside after playing last year with no preseason.

Where's Goldstein? (41 hit outs v Adelaide)
Where's Greenwood? (39 disposals v Melbourne)
Where's Swallow? (Very close to an elite midfielder)

Jamie McMillan will also make people sit up and take notice in 2011.

Face it, at the moment, our overall young bunch are better.

Norths under 24's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Melbournes under 24's.

(a) Surely you jest?
One is an AA player, the other one is an average at best player
(b)Who is this Adams that you speak of?
Grimes has him covered easily

There's nothing between Hansen and Frawley
Adams has it over Grimes.

Hansen = Frawley??? unless hansen gets an AA next year and Frawley stutters you are kidding yourself

Grimes > Adams easily, i don't think anyone bar a North supporter would see it otherwise

Petterd and Wright? no chance Wright is better from the games i have seen him play in

Swallow is the first North player listed

Goldstein? i couldn't find a proper comparison as i was comparing the top 12 young players from each club as per one persons post and Greenwood wasn't in the list that one of your other supporters posted, which was what i was comparing it to :thumbsu: but i do rate both of them

i reiterate, i was not comparing ALL of the youth ... simply our top 12 vs what a north supporter was stating was theirs :thumbsu:

Melbourne under 23's > North under 23's ;)

If they went to top 38 all the young guns would have been listed , 6 out of 7 is pretty convincing , 6 out of 8 is also convincing, the young guns certainly carried you.

i actually don't know what you are on about :confused:
i never said that our young guns carried us, in fact i think i basically said the opposite in the post you just quoted of mine

(a) Surely you jest? One is an AA player, the other one is an average at best player

Does Frawley have the ability to go forward and kick 5 goals? How about 4 goals against the Cats and Saints?

(b)Who is this Adams that you speak of?Grimes has him covered easily

A former Vic Metro under 18 Captain he was winner of their MVP at their title winning 2006 national carnival. Adams won the MVP ahead of Matt Kruezer, Pat Veszpremi, Robbie Gray and Tom Hawkins. Adams went on the be named AA under 18 rover.

In 2007, his early form for Norths then VFL afilliate, Tasmania, was so good that he was elevated off the rookie list after only 4 rounds and debuted v Geelong in round 6. He played another senior match before going back to Tasmania where he acquitted himself well before succumbing to injury and missing the last month or so of football. Despite playing only 13 games that year, 19 year old Adams won Tasmanias best and fairest.

He was promoted off the rookie list for 2008, when unfortunately he went down in a pre season practice match in an incident which saw tear his cruciate ligament off the bone and miss the entire season as a result.

After a long period of rehab and gaining match fitness Adams finally returned for his 3rd senior match in round 15 2009, after missing almost 2 years of senior football. He managed to chalk up 5 more senior games that season, averaging 17 possessions, 4 tackles and a goal.

Adams finally entered his 4th AFL season fighting fit and was building well up until round 7 before succumbing to yet another injury when he tore his hamstring. Adams demanded his place back in the senior side a month later after a 37 possession effort for Werribee and then managed to put his longest streak of 8 games together where he averaged 20 possessions, 4 tackles and kicked 10:11 playing mostly as a HFF. Adams efforts in 2010 were considered so good by North officials that he finished 3rd in Norths B&F despite playing only 15 games.

He is seriously talented.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's nothing between Hansen and Frawley
Adams has it over Grimes.

We're better than Melbourne in those categories also.;)

Looks like Brad Roo has found his way back here :eek:

i'd like to think that after beating melbourne twice last year that we have proved their list is not better than ours, in fact i cannot even remember the last time they beat us, myabe 3+years ago. so to anyone in the future who are going to claim melbourne has a better list than north please enlighten me as to why and dont even try use the number 1 picks as a reason. jack watts has shown nothing but i do think he will get better however i have more faith in lachie hansen.

Jonno pointed out that just because you beat a team twice, doesn't mean you're better. Look at St. Kilda and Essendon.

Also, if you think Watts has shown nothing, watch a Melbourne game. Go on.

FB: Cale Hooker, Tayte Pears, Kyle Hardingham
HB: David Myers, Michael Hurley, Heath Hocking
C: Travis Colyer, Jake Melksham, Courtenay Dempsey
HF: Angus Monfries, Scott Gumbleton, David Zaharakis
FF: Darcy Daniher, Jake Carlisle, Kyle Reimers
R: Patrick Ryder, Leroy Jetta, Ben Howlett
I/C: Sam Lonergan, Anthony Long, Thomas Bellchambers, Taite Silverlock
Good backls, Good Forwards but oh my god our midfield looks horrible. We will be the skinnest and smallest midfield going arounf. Coyler Melksham Dempsey Jetta Howlett rofl

I reckon the roos and the demons r just ahead of carlton and fremantel then richmond

Don't know as much about all the other clubs but we are well in front of Carlton. Don't be fooled by clock's and out flag, it's still a very young list with a lot more scope for improement. Scary for ya'll!

Good backls, Good Forwards but oh my god our midfield looks horrible. We will be the skinnest and smallest midfield going arounf. Coyler Melksham Dempsey Jetta Howlett rofl
No doubt you'll take some steps to improving it tonight though. Should be able to get two good mids with your first two picks.

Howlett, Hocking, Myers & Lonergan would run through the middle well before Dempsey. None of them are small.
Either way we def need to inject alot more talent in the next 2-3 years into the midfield. I believe the wrong move today will be drafting Prestia. We need some blokes with size and height. Heppel/Atley

Petterd and Wright? no chance Wright is better from the games i have seen him play in

Melbourne under 23's > North under 23's ;)
if u now say wright is better than petterd than why did u post the opposite in your original comparison.
Also based on those comparisons we can see that it is 5 to 5 under 23 so it would appear we are even hence your wink emoticon i assume.

Remove this Banner Ad

whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back