HF: Angus Monfries, Scott Gumbleton, David Zaharakis
FF: Darcy Daniher, Jake Carlisle, Kyle Reimers

HF : Houli Griffiths Nason
FF : Vickery Reiwoldt White

FB: Cale Hooker, Tayte Pears, Kyle Hardingham
HB: David Myers, Michael Hurley, Heath Hocking

FB : Farmer Gourdis McGaunne
HB : Deledio Astbury Connors

Tate and Hurley are more experienced than Astbury and Gourdis but don't agree the Essendon side mention anywhere near matches the Richmond side ?

I'd take Deledio, Riewoldt and White.

As for matching Richmond's, it doesn't. It shits all over it! ;)

well done you have proved u can read a stat sheet, now lets examine the influence on those games. stats don't mean everything. if u are happy with watts output then fair enough but u clearly have low expectations.

I watched every one of Watts' games. You admitted you only watched one.

You lose again, you're just embarrassing yourself.

no room for Edwards or Mckinley? :D
Who's Black?
Edwards is 25, McKinley is not a better option that those listed, at this stage anyway.

Black is Aaron Black, taken at pick 25 in last years draft, apparently slid a bit. Had groin/hip issues this year limiting him to 3 VFL games, in which he had impact on the scoreboard. 6'4, quick, agile, good grab, and kicks well off both sides. Has put on 10 kg's since coming to the club, now up to 88kg's. Operated on late season, back running in preparation for 2011 soon. Very positive reports from inside the club on his potential.

I watched every one of Watts' games. You admitted you only watched one.

You lose again, you're just embarrassing yourself.

His 27 possesion game vs Brisbane was terrible man. I remember it clearly. You guys got of to a big league then put on a uber flood. 20 of those possessions Watts got were on a wing leaving his man as a loose defender covering the next option. My grandma would of got 27 possesions playing under those tactics. He played as a loose man on the wing

Tate and Hurley are more experienced than Astbury and Gourdis but don't agree the Essendon side mention anywhere near matches the Richmond side ?

There forward line turds on yours and then some, and your defense turds on theres minus Deledio and Connors. They win the midfield battle hence Richmond > Essendon

Leroy Jetta has played 10 games as a inside midfielder? Courtney Dempsey is a winger? Kyle Remiers as a crumbing forward? I could go on
C: Travis Colyer, Jake Melksham, Courtenay Dempsey
R: Patrick Ryder, Leroy Jetta, Ben Howlett
I/C: Sam Lonergan, Anthony Long, Thomas Bellchambers, Taite Silverlock

Ugh. Switch them around then

Dempsey -> HBF (Hocking)
Hocking -> rover (Jetta)
Jetta -> wing (Dempsey)
Reimers swapped with Zaharakis (which is how they've both been played this year; Zaha as a deep leading small fwd, Reimers as a roaming HFF)

Seriously, you're clutching at straws.

Astbury shows a lot more as a fwd than as a back. We are short on small defenders, which evens it up but I'd still take the Essendon backline in a heartbeat over Richmond's.

As for the forwards, the bolded parts indicate players who have shown something worth contributing to their respective forwardlines. Daniher is versatile like Hurley, not as dynamic though while Carlisle is still touted as a hot prospect. Was rated as the 2nd or 3rd best KPF draftee out of last year's draft.

I think he got the 'their' and 'your' the wrong way around.

Anyway this is completely arbitrary, but I'd say our posted list would be able to handle the other posted lists (bar Collingwood, although we wouldn't be far off them)

Of course, our problem is that our posted list is only a few players shy of our actual best 22 :)

Ok:

Best (defined by a premiership medal) and young (defined as under 24) :

B: A.Toovey (23) N.Brown (22) T.Goldsack (23)
HB: H.Obrien (24) B.Reid (21) D.Thomas (23)
C: S.Wellingham (22) S.Pendlebury (22) S.Sidebottom (19)
HF: D.Beams (20) T.Cloke (23) B. Macaffer (22)
F:J.Blair (20) C.Dawes (22) B.Dick (22 but no medal due to injury)

R: C.Wood (23) J.McCarthy (21) L.Rounds (19) - no medals yet due to:

"Experienced" Followers in: D.Jolly (29) D.Swan (26) L.Ball (26)

Other best 22 players not included due to age bracket: H.Shaw (25), A.Didak (27), A.Krakouer (28), L.Brown (28), L.Davis (29) B.Johnson (29), C.Tarrant (30)

In Summary: Collingwood has the "best" "young" "list" anyway you define it.

Their defense turds on ours? What the? Hurley and Pears alone are better than anything they've got.

Wrong way around

Clutching at straws how Godzke. I said Eagles youngsters arnt the best but overall we are the only team that have our positions filled completely. Essendon have no ruckman (Ryder aint a ruckman, if hes a ruckman then so is Mitch Brown), no FF, no crumbing forwards, no clearance winners and no pace.

The drop of between 6th and 8th is HUGE btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong way around

Clutching at straws how Godzke. I said Eagles youngsters arnt the best but overall we are the only team that have our positions filled completely. Essendon have no ruckman (Ryder aint a ruckman, if hes a ruckman then so is Mitch Brown), no FF, no crumbing forwards, no clearance winners and no pace.

lmfao!

You think that 22 your posted has your spine "filled completely"? ****ing lol @ that.

No team is completely filled with their u23s. Not even Collingwood. WCE are by no means more a certainty than Essendon to finish in the 8 any time soon.

There's a bloke by the name of deledio who is better than any player on your list and I reckon Griffith , although injury prone, and Astbury as KPP's players have shown more in their first year than a lot of other players have , oh and then there's a young bloke who we look like getting in the PSD who chose us over your mob who your coached rated a bit . Don't be so bitter precious !! :) :)

Astbury wouldn't get a game infront of:

Hooker, Hurley, Pears and Fletcher in the backline

Whilst Griffiths wouldn't get a game infront of:

Gumbleton, Ryder, Carlisle in the forwardline.

Wrong way around

Whoops! :eek:

I can't agree with that in bold.

Re: FF, depends if the penny has dropped with Neagle.

B: Van-Berlo Silvagni Roberton
FB: Ibbotson Faulks Suban
C: Hill Palmer Fyfe
HF: DeBoer Anthony Crichton
FF: Ballantyne Mayne Walters
R: Clarke Barlow Morabito
I: Bollenghagen Pearce Houghton Sibosado

Not a bad side for under 23s - majority of the above players debuted in 2008/2009

Bolded players are either players we delisted or in Anthony's case a player who has nominated for the PSD - all are training with us atm

Unerlined are players who are yet to play an AFL game but are already on our list

Ryder is coming of one of his worst year in his career for that reason isnt he.... He played alot of time in the ruck and he well sucked

Id of expected him to get more than 10th TBH given the amount of time he did spend in the ruck overall

Ryder is coming of one of his worst year in his career for that reason isnt he.... He played alot of time in the ruck and he well sucked

Id of expected him to get more than 10th TBH given the amount of time he did spend in the ruck overall

Are you able to provide a stat showing how much time he did spend in the ruck?

We did have Hille back for the majority of the season so I would've thought his time in the ruck would've been far less than in '09 - especially considering he also kicked 21 goals. Besides, at 22, I wouldn't want him being over-rucked. We're not premiership ready, obviously, and there's no need to burn him out.

What position do we need to fill then Godzke? Every player I named plays that position week in week out, most at AFL level

All we need is a pacey wingman which we get at pick 4 anyway.
And so did I with ours?! The difference is that our spine has shown promise, yours is just potential. No point naming players for the sake of filling a position and saying it's filled, then saying "oh but that was regular football at AFL/WAFL level" and disregarding our list, despite having the same experience. lmao

And now you try to quantify that by using pick 4 in the argument, which was never mentioned. Fine then, we'll get our gun clearance winner at #8 with Caddy or Atley (most likely the latter). Happy? Stupid comment. Seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back