whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Griffiths will be a machine. 200cm, 105kg and very quick. Huge kick. He'll be smashing packs :cool:
As long as his arms stay attached to his body.

Lots to work with there.

I'd take Deledio, Riewoldt and White.

As for matching Richmond's, it doesn't. It shits all over it! ;)

WTF???

You can have him. Take Houli back while you're at it.

Like I said, 3 plays across 4 years with hope that Astbury, Edwards and Nason might turn into something above serviceable.

We have Ryder, Hurley, Pears, Gumbleton, Hooker and Melksham with hopes that Colyer, Reimers, Myers and Zaharakis turn into something above serviceable.

We got you covered mate, no hiding it. No other club could produce a better spine with players in the same age group.

Yep. And I'd rather just Cotchin, Martin and Riewoldt over all those guys.

The only thing Pears and Hooker are good for is coughing up goals.:thumbsu:

WTF???

Correction, Farmer. Reminds me of Mark Johnson. Just a brain fart on my part.

No thanks, Houli is all yours.

We've got a far more even spread hence our youth are better.

Considering you haven't even mentioned North or Adelaide in your list, I'm going to take your opinion as meaning **** all.

West Coast and/or Essendon come out and win 9 plus games next year (which they did in 2009 - what a stretch!) and others **** all, you'll be coming out saying that WCE and Essendon have promising lists, yadda, yadda, ya.

ill never come out and say Essendon have a promising list, because they
dont and 2011 will show that, as 2010 did.

On North, I think they have holes in key forward and back areas,
Im not sold on Hanson and whilst North have a promising midfield -
I wont declare them up into top 5 on just that alone

I didnt include Adelaide or WC because either showed me much this year.
Prior to 2010, Id of had Adelaide top 3, but this year they didnt show much.

WTF???

... and judging by your name, you sir are an idiot and/or troll.

good day.

His 27 possesion game vs Brisbane was terrible man. I remember it clearly. You guys got of to a big league then put on a uber flood. 20 of those possessions Watts got were on a wing leaving his man as a loose defender covering the next option. My grandma would of got 27 possesions playing under those tactics. He played as a loose man on the wing

How was it terrible? He was very effective on the wing. Just cause he wasn't playing as a KPF doesn't mean he was 'terrible'.

If you want to see terrible watch Naitanuis games this year (NAB cup against no Essendon rucks excluded)

Gold Coast win. Thanks AFL!!!

I think we (Freo) have a good mix with a couple of champions (Pav/Sandi) to lead the younger guys and instil some confidence in them. Certainly gives us an advantage that we have already exposed the younger guys to afl finals.

Its certainly going to be interesting to see how it all pans out. I think Melbourne, Fremantle and North have all done best out of the draft over the last three years.

I certainly hope that we have drafted the best out of those three - North/Melb supporters will argue otherwise. However I think that picking up guys like Hill, Morabito and to a lesser extent Fyfe - who all have that x-factor that can win games, may give us an edge in years to come. The importance of players like Hill in today's game shouldn't be underestimated - I have noted about 10-12 players in this years draft pool that recruiters or the recruits themselves have likened to Hill, testament to what recruiters are looking for - speedy, skillful, line breakers who can deliver the ball long and quickly.

Lets revisit in a few years as there are too many kids we haven't seen yet. I can go on about how guys like Zac Clarke are the next Tippett/Cox or Sibosado as the Buddy Franklin of the backline or Crichton as a gun midfielder with elite skills/decision making - but until they break into the team and show it at AFL level you're all going to be banging me on the head as a biased supporter as I am sure Melbourne supporters would have the same to say about Blease, Gawn et al and North about Black etc..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Griffith , although injury prone, and Astbury as KPP's players have shown more in their first year than a lot of other players have ,

Hurley first year - 16 possesions per game, 6 marks (matchwinning performance which put Essensdon into the finals. Also had scalps like Riewoldt and Tredrea)

Griffiths - 3.5 disposals per game, 0.8 marks per game.

Richmond supporters are seriously deluded.

Oh and the Pies by a country mile. Not even worth discussing any others but I will say that Richmond has the worst young list.

Hurley first year - 16 possesions per game, 6 marks (matchwinning performance which put Essensdon into the finals. Also had scalps like Riewoldt and Tredrea) Plus a swift kick to a cabbies groin!
Griffiths - 3.5 disposals per game, 0.8 marks per game.

Richmond supporters are seriously deluded.

EFA :D:thumbsu:

Yeh everyone loves a racist cabbie basher!

EFA :D:thumbsu:

Yeh everyone loves a racist cabbie basher!

In other words you have no comeback. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Griffiths has shown **** all yet Richmond supporters are talking him up by saying "he has shown more than most first year players"

DELUDED!

Hurley showed more in his 1st quarter of AFL football than Griffiths showed for the entirety of his first year.

West Coast's youngsters have achieved just as much as Melbourne's and more than Essendon's.

No doubt West Coast snapped up a lot of talent. The problem is they are now learning their trade from Embley, Priddis, Rosa and co. Losing Cousins/Judd and Kerr (to injury) has really cost you guys in terms of providing the leadership to the younger kids.

Don't understand the hype on Griffiths yet either. Reminds me of Kosi at this stage - Griffiths even compared himself to Kosi in his draft interview last year :eek::eek:

Adelaide u/23 team

F: Sloane ~ Tippett ~ Jaench
HF: McKernan ~ Walker ~ Henderson
C: Mackay ~ Douglas ~ Petrenko
HB: Otten ~ Davis ~ Gunston
B: Talia ~ Young ~ Armstrong
R: Jacobs ~ Martin ~ Dangerfield
Int: Moran ~ Schmidt ~ r14 midfielder
Sub: Sellar

Knights misses by 3months.
Tambling misses by 3months.

Elite forward line possibly.
Backline also looks fantastic.
Lacking huge depth in midfielders, throw two good first rounders(Who play midfield predominantly with pace) from 2010 and 2011 drafts into this team and they can be anything.
Underrated.

In other words you have no comeback. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Griffiths has shown **** all yet Richmond supporters are talking him up by saying "he has shown more than most first year players"

DELUDED!

Hurley showed more in his 1st quarter of AFL football than Griffiths showed for the entirety of his first year.

Yeh honestly couldnt care less! just threw it in there because i couldnt resist the chance to remind everyone that you guys have racist cabbie basher in your club! :D

Blah blah blah griffiths is shit, Hurley is Hirds love child blah blah blah, coulndt give a shit mate! Essendons list is a rabble, your club is a rabble and your club got kicked out of thier home base by a group old timers who like to roll a ball over some grass!

Everything being said on BF is a non-topic to me until next season starts so until then im just having a little laugh watching all u bummer supporters get so defensive and try to come up with reason why your club will be any good in 2011, because us at tigerland have a pretty realistic veiw on where we sit moving forward (bar a few dip shit posters) and we're quite happy with it!

Remove this Banner Ad

whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back