Preview R12: Changes v Wet Toast @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to believe we will most likely delist a pick 6 without ever playing him and this from a team who is desperate for KPP's. The kids confidence must about be at rock bottom.
Delist?… he’s contracted till the end of 23 so he wont be getting delisted this year..

And they are currently playing him as a forward in the SANFL so it looks like they are trying to see if they can get that to work before giving up on him..

And he played 10 games in 2020 so “without ever playing him” is a lie..

Borlase for Butts
Newchurch for Rowe
Rachele for Murphy
Tex for Milera
Parnell for Brown
Harry for Crouch

Cook and Pedlar need to get some solid SANFL form on the board

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Id be happy with all of these except the last..

Harry hasnt earnt a return yet.

Crouch definitely needs to go but not for Harry.. woild rather Cook or even Taylor.

Delist?… he’s contracted till the end of 23 so he wont be getting delisted this year..

And they are currently playing him as a forward in the SANFL so it looks like they are trying to see if they can get that to work before giving up on him..

And he played 10 games in 2020 so “without ever playing him” is a lie..
What is really disturbing is that Fish can’t even break out of single digit possessions. He got 5 touches on Friday night - and this isn’t a unique event for him.

Here’s a crazy idea, but they should put him in the ruck in the SANFL and just tell him to go and see what a football looks like. The SANFL is for developing our players, well Fish needs to develop the ability to get near the ball. Being in the ruck he’ll be at every stoppage.

01F317C9-47C6-4E75-A2F7-91FF8B57A175.png

What is really disturbing is that Fish can’t even break out of single digit possessions. He got 5 touches on Friday night - and this isn’t a unique event for him.

Here’s a crazy idea, but they should put him in the ruck in the SANFL and just tell him to go and see what a football looks like. The SANFL is for developing our players, well Fish needs to develop the ability to get near the ball. Being in the ruck he’ll be at every stoppage.

View attachment 1412257
He is just too slow and has no mobility. That's not going to change. I saw him beaten to the ball by a not very quick sanfl defender and he couldn't even get close enough to apply any pressure. He also plays with zero intensity.

He unfortunately is a failed costly early pick.

Borlase for Butts
Newchurch for Rowe
Rachele for Murphy
Tex for Milera
Parnell for Brown
Harry for Crouch

Cook and Pedlar need to get some solid SANFL form on the board

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Taylor for Crouch. Borlase or Frampton for Butts. I don't rate either of them tbh. Cook must be in the team. I would bring him in for Hamill or McHenry.

Borlase/Frampton for Butts inj
Rachele (if fit)? for Murphy
Tex for Milera
Parnell for Brown
Taylor for Crouch
Cook for Hamill

Parnell Murray Doedee
Smith Borlase/Frampton Soligo
Cook Laird Dawson
McAdam Walker Fogarty
Rachele Thilthorpe Newchurch

ROB Keays Berry

Taylor McHenry Hately Hinge

Last edited:
He was drafted primarily as our mascot.

He used to make people laugh when he was off the field.

Now he makes people laugh when he's on the field.
I think you're a bit confused

Its high time we try the two ruckmen experiment. Strauchnie and ROB to both play and one off the bench and occasionally play forward pocket. They are probably two of our best overhead marks and that says a lot where our marking power is at the moment.

If you keep doing the same thing expect the same result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week is an ideal time to bring in some fresh blood and try a few things. Ive already mentioned Parnell and the two rucks.

Lets not bring back Billy for Butts. Ive put the red line through him and Himmelberg at this stage - no new contract extension next year. They have had their chances. Maybe time to try Worrell in the ones for 4 weeks. If not play him on the wing or up forward in the twos. See if he can make that position his.

Pity about Berg. I thought he would make it at some stages but he just does not appear to want it badly enough.

Its high time we try the two ruckmen experiment. Strauchnie and ROB to both play and one off the bench and occasionally play forward pocket. They are probably two of our best overhead marks and that says a lot where our marking power is at the moment.

Was thinking the same thing about Strachan and ROB. I think we would need to drop Hinge or Thilthorpe if we went down this path. The other option is bring Gollant into the side that can also take a mark. We could bring Gollant into the forward line and move Thilthorpe up the ground to roam between half back and half forward.

Its time for Brown to be phased out of our side. He has lost his offensive presence and is being regularly beaten one on one and having multiple goals kicked on him.

The Achilles issues seem to have slowed him own and reduced his effectiveness.

We have players who can replace him - Parnell, Jones, Hammill, even Murphy who cannot kick goals when needed each week when playing forward.

We need to work out at 3W 8L who will be regular players of our side next year and beyond.

In: Walker, Cook, Jones, Frampton, Rachele
Out: Butts (inj), Crouch, Brown, Milera, McHenry (sub)

B: Hinge Murray Frampton
HB: Smith O’Brien Laird
C: Hamill Dawson Cook
HF: Rachele Walker Jones
F: Rowe McAdam Fogarty
R: Thilthorpe Doedee Keays
I: Berry Hately Soligo Murphy
Sub: McHenry

Thilthorpe, Doedee, Dawson on the ball.

O’Brien to CHB and Laird to the back lines - rotating for some time on the ball during the match. Give McHenry some minutes on ball.

Frampton to play Doedee’s role as a loose back.

Jones to play as a pressure forward, with some time on-ball.

Probably not the week to play an extra ruckman when it's going to be wet weather, though.

I would like a look at Parnell and Newchurch, though. Surely it's time to give Worrell another crack at it, too, with Butts out of the side again.

Parnell must play this week. He plays very differently than most of our team. He gives us a point of difference. Pace, agility, ability to move and weave through heavy traffic, good ball user.

If you keep doing the same thing expect the same outcome.

Would love to see Parnell get a run this week. Also Newchurch.

Against the hapless and dis spirited WAFL side away from Perth, and certain winners, here's a chance to try some new players to see what they actually have at half a level up from SANFL.

Who knows, we may find a player or two.

Don't want to waste this opportunity playing the host of borderline, probably won't get better types, we are playing week in, week out. I don't need to name them, you know who they are

Against the hapless and dis spirited WAFL side away from Perth, and certain winners, here's a chance to try some new players to see what they actually have at half a level up from SANFL.

Don't want to waste this opportunity playing the host of borderline, probably won't get better types, we are playing week in, week out. I don't need to name them, you know who they are

Don't be so certain it's a shoe-in. Wet weather will make it a slog, and they'll play negative football.

We will use this game to confirm our selections of Crouch and Milera were correct

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R12: Changes v Wet Toast @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back