Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone comes back from those in 10-12 weeks, it’s not a big deal these days.

He did it 5-6 weeks before the season started maybe more. Apparently the wound got infected which is a setback of 3 weeks. That still doesn’t add up. If people can’t see mismanagement here, no point trying to explain, they don’t want to believe it.

Or bear with me here. There’s 4 weeks to go. No point rushing a younger player back and setting his preseason back. Start him fresh day 1 of preseason. Gives them more time to manage him without the stresses and pressures of getting him right to play this year. Without the full circumstances your call of mismanagement is misguided.

Has it though? Most players have got back in an acceptable time frame.

The pile on the S and C team has been nothing short of pathetic.
Gibcus? Whole season. Kaleb Smith? Whole season. Tarrant? Whole season. Lynch? Whole season. Colina? Whole season. Tom Brown? 12 week wrist injury. Jack Graham? Full pre season. Seth Campbell? Half a season. Castagna? Career ender. Off the top of my head.

Not to mention alot of those above had 'minor set backs' that set them back weeks and months.

He was the highest draft pick we've had in ages, and he has hamstring issues in his second year.

Let's not * this up, we are a wealthy club, pack his bags, get his passport and send him off to Germany to the hamstring expert Dr Muller-Wohlfahrt
Quoted from 12 May.
These idiots should have sorted this months ago with proper experts.

LOL I dont think anybody really expected him to return this year

Just hope its precautionary and not another mishap

Just put him on a plane to Germany asap
Prolly trip going up the stairs to enter the plane and re-do his hammy...another 12 months!!!

At this stage of the year although it’s been a monumental fxxk up it’s wise that the pin is finally pulled until next year.
We are mostly all aware of the gross incompetence that has taken place bc we penny pinched in this department bc of Dimma , but let’s forget and forgive and look forward to 2024 without Meehan.

Or bear with me here. There’s 4 weeks to go. No point rushing a younger player back and setting his preseason back. Start him fresh day 1 of preseason. Gives them more time to manage him without the stresses and pressures of getting him right to play this year. Without the full circumstances your call of mismanagement is misguided.
I agree with that but how in earth did this turn into a 6month injury it’s unheard of , like he’s had a broken leg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage of the year although it’s been a monumental fxxk up it’s wise that the pin is finally pulled until next year.
We are mostly all aware of the gross incompetence that has taken place bc we penny pinched in this department bc of Dimma , but let’s forget and forgive and look forward to 2024 without Meehan.
Would like a decent review of what’s gone on either we’ve endured bloody bad luck or the sc management post surgery has been inept , meanwhile engage some experts around this kid to get it right

what we gonna do when louie gets another year 🤪

Everyone comes back from those in 10-12 weeks, it’s not a big deal these days.

He did it 5-6 weeks before the season started maybe more. Apparently the wound got infected which is a setback of 3 weeks. That still doesn’t add up. If people can’t see mismanagement here, no point trying to explain, they don’t want to believe it.
thats right , now I’m Adamant that’s where the trouble started , the bloody surgery , where was it done , Bali

Gibcus was never playing AFL this year. Club took the cautious approach with this pre-season. There was some hope he may play a VFL game towards the end of the year, but he had some setbacks with an infection and tendonitis.

From round 8 or so this year, Club wrapped him in cotton wool and conceded his year was done.

Treloar ripped both hamstrings , had surgery
And came back the same year
So wtf has gone on with Gibcus,?

A growing tall kid compared to a seasoned mature body, there is a difference.
Look I’m not happy either but this could be a real abnormality. Cut him some slack considering we have got control of soft tissue injuries now.

Disappointing for the kid, would have been a great development year alongside Balta or even up forward in Lynch's absence.

We'll never know, but curious as to the potential of it being a mismanaged injury... maybe just unlucky...

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back