Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

thought there were reports he was training and may have gotten a run in the vfl before end of year
Meehan who knows what his view of Training is, clearly different to ours. Hopefully a full preseason and good to go Rd 1 2024.

eve of round 1 next year both gibcus and lunch will be listed 4-6 weeks on the injury list

stay like that for a month then go up to 7-12

Mad Season 9 GIF by The Office

Meehan needs to leave

As quickly as possible

Wait up, most on here were in agreement with Caesars report on pre that it was a freak accident which needed surgery. Without knowing all details it was always going to be difficult to manage, especially with a growing boy. Show me another colt that’s had his hammy ripped off the bone and come back perfect the same year, and a tall one in that.
No one mentions how he’s managed Prestia pretty well either.
Apart from short there is only one soft tissue injury now.

Wait up, most on here were in agreement with Caesars report on pre that it was a freak accident which needed surgery. Without knowing all details it was always going to be difficult to manage, especially with a growing boy. Show me another colt that’s had his hammy ripped off the bone and come back perfect the same year, and a tall one in that.
No one mentions how he’s managed Prestia pretty well either.
Apart from short there is only one soft tissue injury now.
Yeah, beat me to it. It seemed a given on this board in the pre-season that we'd only get 12-16 games out of Meatball across this season, and he's hardly missed a beat. Ditto that for Grimes, Cotch and Reiwoldt, whose aging bodies have been managed brilliantly, if a lack of missed games is anything to go by.

Is it just a default position in our culture nowadays that we search for someone to blame when things aren't perfect?

Yeah, beat me to it. It seemed a given on this board in the pre-season that we'd only get 12-16 games out of Meatball across this season, and he's hardly missed a beat. Ditto that for Grimes, Cotch and Reiwoldt, whose aging bodies have been managed brilliantly, if a lack of missed games is anything to go by.

Is it just a default position in our culture nowadays that we search for someone to blame when things aren't perfect?
I dont think the injury prevention is the issue, injuries happen, but the management of alot of the injuries after they have occurred has been appalling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never known a player to miss an entire season with a hammy. Meehan needs to be sacked.
Even treloar ripped both hammys at once came back same season ,,,this is bs , either the kid has dodgy hammys which is pretty rare for a young fella I gotta say or the injury has been mismanaged

I dont think the injury prevention is the issue, injuries happen, but the management of alot of the injuries after they have occurred has been appalling.
It’s most certainly questionable, not like he’s 35 , 20yo , should get over this no problem ,,,ffs on my summer hols I pulled a hammy carrying gardening gear up the stairs , missed 2w of golf , no problem , and I ain’t 20 no more

Even treloar ripped both hammys at once came back same season ,,,this is bs , either the kid has dodgy hammys which is pretty rare for a young fella I gotta say or the injury has been mismanaged
If I had the time I'd go back and research, but it feels like a fair few players that have done hamstrings this year have had setbacks, sometimes multiple.

There's a pattern there and it needs to be addressed.

Treloar ripped both hamstrings , had surgery
And came back the same year
So wtf has gone on with Gibcus,?
Everyone comes back from those in 10-12 weeks, it’s not a big deal these days.

He did it 5-6 weeks before the season started maybe more. Apparently the wound got infected which is a setback of 3 weeks. That still doesn’t add up. If people can’t see mismanagement here, no point trying to explain, they don’t want to believe it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back