Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every poster on this board wants to be wrong, now more than ever with another two years plus of this insanity remaining.

Problem is, we’ve been right for a very, very long time.

I’m genuinely amazed at those who throw up these scenarios like it’s our first rodeo.

We put our doubts aside and went to the 2021 Qualifying Final.

Arguably the most mature, professional, impressive, tough, “all played well”, Port performance of the past 10 years.

We were duly rewarded with Ken spiking the football in the presser, “I told youse to judge us at the end of the year when we get all our players back”, and a round of pro-Hinkley brigade ‘I told you so’s’.

Oooh, okay, we winced. Sucking air through our teeth as we moved forward with the Grand Final ticketing process.

And then the Prelim Final started and the entire season was over inside 10 minutes.

“Don’t judge us on one result. Judge us on the collective”, said Ken at the subsequent B&F dinner.

Rightio.

The quandary we face is that this is the best, most exciting midfield we have had, certainly in my history with Port. I am furious with the club that this Hinkley debacle will diminish the joy, excitement, and fun, that long-suffering supporters (thinking 2007-2012) should now be revelling in. Instead we have to put up with another two years of his antics, ridiculous selections, and obvious coaching limitations, while watching crappy clubs (thinking Crows) pass us by.

Warning! Unpopular content coming:

I REFUSE to allow him to destroy the love I have for the club, and the enjoyment I get from watching port play/win. You people cancelling memberships etc, are welcome to do as you wish. I do actually understand your angst, it's just that I am not going to let it eat me up, and destroy me and/or what I enjoy!

As far as I am concerned, Josh Carr is coaching Port Adelaide, and the club has just signed a bum-slapping, father-figure to see players on & off the field, for a 2-year contract.

At some stage soon he will be gone, and so will his handlers & enablers. Port Adelaide will still be here - And so will I.

I’m genuinely amazed at those who throw up these scenarios like it’s our first rodeo.

We put our doubts aside and went to the 2021 Qualifying Final.

Arguably the most mature, professional, impressive, tough, “all played well”, Port performance of the past 10 years.

We were duly rewarded with Ken spiking the football in the presser, “I told youse to judge us at the end of the year when we get all our players back”, and a round of pro-Hinkley brigade ‘I told you so’s’.

Oooh, okay, we winced. Sucking air through our teeth as we moved forward with the Grand Final ticketing process.

And then the Prelim Final started and the entire season was over inside 10 minutes.

“Don’t judge us on one result. Judge us on the collective”, said Ken at the subsequent B&F dinner.

Rightio.

It’ll be the same bullshit when we get bundled out again. Shift the goalposts, reframe the argument and then gaslight the bejeezus out of everyone. Classic car sales cult leader con man tactics.

Same CEO that said 3 flags in 5 years yet holds on to a coach 11 years on no GF appearances

Same club that Koch said they took recommendation from Cassisi 😬

How ruthless we were back then to move on a legend of the club . We have allowed a blow-in from Camperdown unwarranted free reign for over a decade and beyond.

Port Adelaide doesn't have a board with guts

Screenshot_20230816_153947_Samsung Internet.jpg

Same CEO that said 3 flags in 5 years yet holds on to a coach 11 years on no GF appearances

Same club that Koch said they took recommendation from Cassisi 😬

How ruthless we were back then to move on a legend of the club . We have allowed a blow-in from Camperdown unwarranted free reign for over a decade and beyond.

Port Adelaide doesn't have a board with guts

View attachment 1775934

He's been given the opportunity to "reshape the playing list several times" and delivered **** ALL. AT WHAT POINT DOES THAT BECOMS FHE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HEAD COACH???????????

Also, anyone who follows poker, or has an interest in reasoning approaches / applications would have an interest in this.

Going all in and winning a hand in poker doesn’t make it a good decision. You simply get lucky sometimes. Overall you want clear intentions and decision making over relying on luck, hence getting lucky doesn’t validate bad decision making.

If we win a gf in the next two years it will be awesome, but it doesn’t validate the decision making.

The quandary we face is that this is the best, most exciting midfield we have had, certainly in my history with Port. I am furious with the club that this Hinkley debacle will diminish the joy, excitement, and fun, that long-suffering supporters (thinking 2007-2012) should now be revelling in. Instead we have to put up with another two years of his antics, ridiculous selections, and obvious coaching limitations, while watching crappy clubs (thinking Crows) pass us by.

Warning! Unpopular content coming:

I REFUSE to allow him to destroy the love I have for the club, and the enjoyment I get from watching port play/win. You people cancelling memberships etc, are welcome to do as you wish. I do actually understand your angst, it's just that I am not going to let it eat me up, and destroy me and/or what I enjoy!

As far as I am concerned, Josh Carr is coaching Port Adelaide, and the club has just signed a bum-slapping, father-figure to see players on & off the field, for a 2-year contract.

At some stage soon he will be gone, and so will his handlers & enablers. Port Adelaide will still be here - And so will I.

Congratulations for having the stomach for it. You're certainly right about our midfield. I hope you're right on everything else except for your content being "unpopular". If Josh is coaching and that slob is still drawing a cheque for some reason things may start to look different enough on field that it makes it easier to ignore Ken (and Koch).

I've personally not cancelled my memberships. No happy clapper is ever getting their hands on my priceless 2x bay 334 spots, even if I'm not there myself to use them most weeks (I do get someone on them each week though).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Christ it's an absolute all out media blitz isn't it.. wall to wall Hinkley.

Goebbels had nothing on Ken's media guy (I know, I know, godwins law etc)
If the third Reich had a media guy this good, we'd all be happily speaking German and dobbing on neighbours for hiding minorities in the attic.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

He's been given the opportunity to "reshape the playing list several times" and delivered * ALL. AT WHAT POINT DOES THAT BECOMS FHE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HEAD COACH???????????
Reshape the playing list several times means - Ken has destroyed 2 lists and is on his 3rd.

Sick of hearing that there's no way we could "sack him" after making top 4. Here's news - HE DIDN'T HAVE TO BE SACKED. He reached the end of a contract, and we could have just decided to thank him for his contribution, give him a farewell game and all that and look elsewhere for the future. We could have done this without any reflection on his ability or otherwise. Hell, we could have even provided a reference.

Contracts end. That's the whole point of a contract. The board has put the easy way out ahead of the future of the Club.

I don't follow soccer, one reason is because it seems from the outside that all the players and coaches are turned over every couple years. With no lasting individuals to connect to, everyone feeling like a blow in in a different colour top, any success would feel hollow, Big Bash style.

It's a different kind of hollow, but now I am feeling any Port success with Ken will be hollow. It isn't the club I love anymore.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
That's only more so in the EPL if anywhere, NBA on the other hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back