Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello sorry to intrude.
Just wanted to say it will be interesting if we start hearing any Crow players names tomorrow as surely a few calls are going out tonight to test some waters.

McAdam, McHenry, Sholl, Murphy, Sloane, Hamill plus we’ll even throw in Berry.

HOLY CRAP! Have been away from anything AFL for a week, being a Blazers fan been immersed in the Lillard Trade which has worked out so well for my Blazers, jump on to BF to see if there is anything interesting and Clayton Oliver! you are kidding me! I thought it's gotta be BS then Ch7 just had it as a real possibility! The world has gone mad, this sort of stuff just doesn't happen to my teams now could be twice in quick succession, my head is spinning, do I dare to dream! Oliver has to be top 3 of my favourite non Crows players.
As a Raptors fan, I don't want to get my hopes up again.

Hello sorry to intrude.
Just wanted to say it will be interesting if we start hearing any Crow players names tomorrow as surely a few calls are going out tonight to test some waters.
I’m hearing names like 2023 first rounder and 2024 first rounder being thrown up.
Coincidence they happen to have the same first and last name.

Holy crap! Hell of a day at work - no chance of catching any news. Winding down and just a moment ago see a snippet that Oliver may want to come to Crows - now need to catch up on 80 pages of Bigfooty to find out what it all means, will the Crows really get him, what do we have to give up to get him and does this mean that we will really win the premiership finally after all of these years!?!

there’s also the salary cap at the dees to consider..

if clarry’s on 1m a year..
petracca would be on atleast $900k
Gawn on $800k
fritch on $600k
Viney on $700k
Brawshaw on $600k
lever on $7-800k
may on $600k
Grundy on $600k (with pies paying the other $300k) and who they will have to continue to pay something towards once he is at the swans..

thats $6.6 million of the $13.5m cap used up on just 9 players!.. half of it!

what the fxxk are the using to pay their other 35 or so lads on their list.

their salary cap must be bursting at the bloody seams.. maybe letting go of Oliver to free up cap space and get some decent draft capital is actually something they need to do.. And if the relationship is now soured..
I also forgot one name for that list..

Kossie Pickett.. who they were desperate to hold onto and finally re-signed this year..

whats kossie on you reckon?.. atleast $600k a year wouldnt you think?

I actually do not know looking at that list how the hell they are within the cap.. are some of their fringe players working for free?

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Holy crap! Hell of a day at work - no chance of catching any news. Winding down and just a moment ago see a snippet that Oliver may want to come to Crows - now need to catch up on 80 pages of Bigfooty to find out what it all means, will the Crows really get him, what do we have to give up to get him and does this mean that we will really win the premiership finally after all of these years!?!
Having him no doubt helps that. He would be the biggest sporting import to play for a South Australian sports code, since Romario did with Adelaide United. Its that big .

We have a great lad named mchenry. He can run for miles and knows a lot about fish. Oozes class, would hate to see him go.
Surely we get a second rounder back from melb if McHenry goes, especially if we take that disrespectful and immature Clayton Oliver (did I mention abnormally pale) fella off their hands for them. Invaluable fishing experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a great lad named mchenry. He can run for miles and knows a lot about fish. Oozes class, would hate to see him go.
And a Geelong grammarian who lived in Barwon Heads.

That's captain material at the Dees

Adelaide Crows are a destination club now , make no mistake about that.

As a non South Australian, id say outside Victoria, you could maybe make the case the Crows being slightly behind Brisbane in terms of pulling interstate players to their state. But the Crows are a powerhouse and more attractive to interstaters. Adelaide Crows are more attractive in terms of pulling power than : Sydney, GWS, 2 WA teams , Port Adelaide , Gold Coast and when this Tassie team come in.

I think Brisbane pulling: Joe Daniher and Dunkley in recent times.

Oliver grew frustrated this season at not being able to play games because of the fitness coaches. I have no doubt now that there may be a reason he wants out of the Demons.

Edit: I also just want to post now to be a part of what is going to be a glorious legendary thread of speculation, hopes, dreams, and baseless rumours that go nowhere and as a crows fan I absolutely froth it.
and-loving-it-get-smart.gif

He was still third in our B&F - I'd be happy for Laird to return to the backline.
Are you talking about the year he switched to midfield?

I think defence would be a bad idea. Your have Max in front of him as a small defender, he can't play as an accountable interceptor and is way too small. He's not fast enough to rebound and his skills are only average. What role would he actually play?

Are you talking about the year he switched to midfield?

I think defence would be a bad idea. Your have Max in front of him as a small defender, he can't play as an accountable interceptor and is way too small. He's not fast enough to rebound and his skills are only average. What role would he actually play?
He could play the Jones role but Jones has a lot more pace and rebound. Likely time to move Laird on if we got Oliver. Laird is on around 800k so that would pretty much pay for Oliver.

Something to ponder - at full flight, where does a midfield of Dawson/Clarry/Laird/Crouch/Rachele rank in the league? We’d have to go from bottom 6 or 8 to top 6, surely?

Something to ponder - at full flight, where does a midfield of Dawson/Clarry/Laird/Crouch/Rachele rank in the league? We’d have to go from bottom 6 or 8 to top 6, surely?

Puts us in the top 3 imo.

This years league position was not a true representation of where we were at imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back