List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

A sliding doors I think about from time to time is that we would have won a flag in 2014 with Paul Chapman.

I don’t know whether he would come here, or even bother playing on outside Richmond, but Dusty for a year would be great for us and cover SPP as he returns from his ACL.

Phillipou seems like he's got a few tickets on himself, I'd still take him though. A bit of arrogance is necessary
Phillipou is also closer in age to the 2023 draftees than his own.

He is a young 19 year old lad. He will grow up.

Our list is in an interesting spot. And yes the cavity of the current game plan and coaching deficiencies mean we can’t easily compensate for the issues with our list.

We have a ready to go, solid 25-26 players. We have a number of could be something and a few projects. Not too dissimilar to any other list. Compared to the high end teams we lack a super defender and a super tall. We have a lot of good, ordinary footballers.

I think a different game plan could see us push for a flag but I think we are still short:

• a grunt midfielder. Wines was this player but not so much anymore
  • another small forward. Someone to complement Rioli and SPP and can actually kick a goal
  • a powerful and elite forwadd to replace Dixon. Maybe Lord - jury is still out.
  • an elite defender, this was Alir but he has dropped off. Maybe he will come good with a better game plan

Kyle Marshall and Macallum don’t look anywhere near it. Walsh too. But it’s rough when our SANFL is so bad that some amo sides would knock them off. How do you possibly grow and develop in that set up? Let alone with the repeated injuries. If they come good, the potential impact on the list is huge. We have seen the cost of getting two average key defenders - if we can develop one it will seriously change our set up. They need till the end of the year for us to make a decision.

How I would approach the end of the year:

• package up Wines and Clurey for north’s second rounder and Goad.
  • pay what we need to for Perryman
  • chase Hardwick and do as with Perryman
  • Dixon to retire
  • Boak to veteran list if it comes in, otherwise one year
  • Evans and Narkle delist
  • Burton and Williams trade if you can find a buyer
  • decisions at the end of the year on Jackson, McCallum, K.Marshall, Scully and McKenzie
  • target Luko, NWM and Motlop for the future, can’t seem em getting done this year
  • at this stage that gives us two second round picks then maybe Monty and R.Burgs late or as rookies then K.Burgs as a rookie and Barrett as a cat B
  • add this baller that Zakk has been talking about as a cat B

That gives us mid depth, a small back or forward, a project ruck/forward, some flanker types in our father sons and two second round ND picks to get a key back and mid.

Our list is in an interesting spot. And yes the cavity of the current game plan and coaching deficiencies mean we can’t easily compensate for the issues with our list.

We have a ready to go, solid 25-26 players. We have a number of could be something and a few projects. Not too dissimilar to any other list. Compared to the high end teams we lack a super defender and a super tall. We have a lot of good, ordinary footballers.

I think a different game plan could see us push for a flag but I think we are still short:

• a grunt midfielder. Wines was this player but not so much anymore
  • another small forward. Someone to complement Rioli and SPP and can actually kick a goal
  • a powerful and elite forwadd to replace Dixon. Maybe Lord - jury is still out.
  • an elite defender, this was Alir but he has dropped off. Maybe he will come good with a better game plan

Kyle Marshall and Macallum don’t look anywhere near it. Walsh too. But it’s rough when our SANFL is so bad that some amo sides would knock them off. How do you possibly grow and develop in that set up? Let alone with the repeated injuries. If they come good, the potential impact on the list is huge. We have seen the cost of getting two average key defenders - if we can develop one it will seriously change our set up. They need till the end of the year for us to make a decision.

How I would approach the end of the year:

• package up Wines and Clurey for north’s second rounder and Goad.
  • pay what we need to for Perryman
  • chase Hardwick and do as with Perryman
  • Dixon to retire
  • Boak to veteran list if it comes in, otherwise one year
  • Evans and Narkle delist
  • Burton and Williams trade if you can find a buyer
  • decisions at the end of the year on Jackson, McCallum, K.Marshall, Scully and McKenzie
  • target Luko, NWM and Motlop for the future, can’t seem em getting done this year
  • at this stage that gives us two second round picks then maybe Monty and R.Burgs late or as rookies then K.Burgs as a rookie and Barrett as a cat B
  • add this baller that Zakk has been talking about as a cat B

That gives us mid depth, a small back or forward, a project ruck/forward, some flanker types in our father sons and two second round ND picks to get a key back and mid.

Can afford to keep two of Marshall, Walsh and Mccallum i reckon

Our issue will be that the only player we have drafted in the top 20 of the draft (where you find quality) since Butters/Rozee that is playing regular football for us is Bergman and the last month Georgiadis. Plus Horne-Francis. So we are strong at the pointy end but we really drop off in terms of quality and depth after player number 20. And our under 23's are OK but not at the highest level of quality.

Mead and Burgoyne are coming along nicely but 12 months ago there are plenty on here who wouldn't have lost sleep if they were delisted. Jones in and out a bit and Williams not to be seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry Barnett is still ooc at west coast who surely have already tabled their best offer to him.

He’s either made up his mind to move, weighing up his options to move or holding out for a better deal from west coast and i reckon the last possibility is the least likely as west coast likely already have made him as good an offer to stay as anyone would give him to leave.

We’ve got 3 rucks on our list and a 4th is quite a lot to have, but Barnett was a very promising junior, and I can’t see him costing a lot in trade.

I think we should be strongly considering acquiring him.

Though I have to wonder if he’s committed to the crows.

They have no successor to O’Brien.

Harry Barnett is still ooc at west coast who surely have already tabled their best offer to him.

He’s either made up his mind to move, weighing up his options to move or holding out for a better deal from west coast and i reckon the last possibility is the least likely as west coast likely already have made him as good an offer to stay as anyone would give him to leave.

We’ve got 3 rucks on our list and a 4th is quite a lot to have, but Barnett was a very promising junior, and I can’t see him costing a lot in trade.

I think we should be strongly considering acquiring him.

Though I have to wonder if he’s committed to the crows.

They have no successor to O’Brien.
Yea good call - cracking junior.

Has he got games at the eagles? Tracking well?

I'm a huge Zac Bailey fan, I hope we'd at least ask the question if he feels like coming back to SA. Contracted til end of next year I think

Last edited:
I think Barnett is a shoe in to leave WC. Crows would be all over him. If we didn't get Sweet, I'd be all for it for him to battle Visentini to take Soldo's spot.

There's zero reason Barnett would come here over the Crows. Second in line there versus fourth in line here.

I've a bad feeling about Soldo staying sound and not sold on Sweet at all.

Barnett and Dante would be 1-2 in a very short period of time. If not Barnett Taylor Goad is the other I'd be eyeing off.

Yea good call - cracking junior.

Has he got games at the eagles? Tracking well?

He's had one real game.

2 actual games but tactical sub in the 1st last year. A bit like Dantes 1st run just forget it.
20 years old. Another 2 years before you take him seriously and that would be pretty good timing here.

Our issue will be that the only player we have drafted in the top 20 of the draft (where you find quality) since Butters/Rozee that is playing regular football for us is Bergman and the last month Georgiadis. Plus Horne-Francis. So we are strong at the pointy end but we really drop off in terms of quality and depth after player number 20. And our under 23's are OK but not at the highest level of quality.

Mead and Burgoyne are coming along nicely but 12 months ago there are plenty on here who wouldn't have lost sleep if they were delisted. Jones in and out a bit and Williams not to be seen.
One of our issues is playing old blokes for too long.

As you've said, we have that pointy end game winning players.

We need those guys underneath coming through to help solidify that middle 8 in the 23. We've seen time given to Mead and Burgoyne and they are doing well.

We need that type of time into Lachie Jones, Josh Sinn and Ollie Lord. And even to Anasatasopoulos and Charleson.

We need to weed out that bottom 20 - 28 players that are list clogging based on skills or old age. We will be much better.

One of our issues is playing old blokes for too long.

As you've said, we have that pointy end game winning players.

We need those guys underneath coming through to help solidify that middle 8 in the 23. We've seen time given to Mead and Burgoyne and they are doing well.

We need that type of time into Lachie Jones, Josh Sinn and Ollie Lord. And even to Anasatasopoulos and Charleson.

We need to weed out that bottom 20 - 28 players that are list clogging based on skills or old age. We will be much better.
And for the occasional games that they are fit and showing some form they will get that time...

And for the occasional games that they are fit and showing some form they will get that time...
I would make it more of a priority just because we are in our premiership window.

During this time and previously, you really need to up development and be a bit more ruthless, something that Hinkley doesn't go because he prefers to protect himself and his gold players.

The four guys I would be seriously looking to move down the pecking order are Dixon, Burton, McEntee and Evans with a bit of a look at Boak.

I would be fast tracking Lord, Sinn, Anastasopoulos and whoever is young and looking likely.
I would also be wanting to fast track Dante bigtime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back