News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Goes back much further than that

With the exception of Gawn its going on 15 years or so
Yep was just thinking that.

Gawn in 2021 was obviously a big part of Melbourne.

But you look back at Richmond (Nankervis and Soldo), Hawthorn (Hale and McEvoy) and Geelong (Ottens and Blake) I wouldn't exactly say that the rucks played a big part in their success.

Yep was just thinking that.

Gawn in 2021 was obviously a big part of Melbourne.

But you look back at Richmond (Nankervis and Soldo), Hawthorn (Hale and McEvoy) and Geelong (Ottens and Blake) I wouldn't exactly say that the rucks played a big part in their success.
Would disagree on Nank, his work behind the play was pretty important to that Richmond side for a fair while.

This whole “you don’t need a great ruck to win“ chat is a bit silly. I’m not saying you do need one, but I think it gets more airtime than it should because it’s the one position that’s still one on one, all game. Many a dour defender has had the better of a great forward as has a tagger to the best mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole “you don’t need a great ruck to win“ chat is a bit silly. I’m not saying you do need one, but I think it gets more airtime than it should because it’s the one position that’s still one on one, all game. Many a dour defender has had the better of a great forward as has a tagger to the best mids.
Yeah Hutchings towelling up Sidebottom in the GF was probably a good example

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is also a clearly defined position, I haven’t heard anyone call a midfielder a ruck rover or rover anymore.

I loved the dude with white face and bloods written on his face . They showed him twice during the game . He looked angry when Swans were down by a goal . They didn't pan to him again . The cameras panned to Sydney supporters 1 minute before half time . I fascinated the Sydney morbid faces . I loved it . Ch 7 must have been told not to pan to Sydney fans again as ratings in NSW would plummet . I find it disgraceful we weren't allowed to see more morbidity from the teams fans of the team I dislike the most .

Hi Biggie . Do u have any idea why I should get notifications whenever Sydney posters start a new thread . It clogs my notifications to the point I am considering turning off notifications altogether . I have no interest in Sydney at all . It's not just one Sydney Posters new threads but several I keep getting notified about . Is it a hack or a gliche or did my pocket accidentally click on a setting ?

Hi Biggie . Do u have any idea why I should get notifications whenever Sydney posters start a new thread . It clogs my notifications to the point I am considering turning off notifications altogether . I have no interest in Sydney at all . It's not just one Sydney Posters new threads but several I keep getting notified about . Is it a hack or a gliche or did my pocket accidentally click on a setting ?

I tagged you in the thread where you can ask Chief.

Last 3 premiership rucks
Rhys Stanley
Darcy Cameron
Darcy Fort

Might be onto something there.

There is selection bias here. There are probably only 3-4 gun rucks so the chances of them winning a premiership is just statistically lower.

Also McInerny had an awesome year for the Lions and really helped them get to the GF. Yes he didnt play but Grundy is a spud on GF day and cooked.

I loved the dude with white face and bloods written on his face . They showed him twice during the game . He looked angry when Swans were down by a goal . They didn't pan to him again . The cameras panned to Sydney supporters 1 minute before half time . I fascinated the Sydney morbid faces . I loved it . Ch 7 must have been told not to pan to Sydney fans again as ratings in NSW would plummet . I find it disgraceful we weren't allowed to see more morbidity from the teams fans of the team I dislike the most .

When they first showed him I was like ****ing hell Shrek is a Sydney supporter.

Nek minnut Prince Charming wins the Norm Smith.

Wild

Prince Charming Hair Flip GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back