List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

Look, I can see what they were trying to do. The problem is we got squeezed on both sides of the deal. 3 for 12,14,73 (Owies should have been a DFA) in an even draft is not great... if that 73 was say a mid 30s pick I'd feel a lot better. Then 14 for Baker really needed to have a late second or early 3rd coming back imo. Both deals together compound into something that looks very unbalanced against us.

Gonna have to accept it and move on, would hate to see the case where fans (myself included) are poisoned against new players before they even play for us. At the end of the day "barracking" for your club in trade week is a fools game, you'll never be happy. Looking forward to the focus returning to on-field where it actually matters.

Truly awful. Someone with a brain tell me how this affects a Champion bid please.

Torpedo’d ourselves here, by the looks.

Pick 73 will come in a fair bit on trade night due to clubs matching bids on other players prior to a potential bid on Champion - which may not even come

Don’t think it will impact our ability to match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to look at this positively.

WCE have slid down 9 spots in an allegedly solid top 20-30.

9 spots to secure Baker and Owies.

Obviously they see a player they think will still be around for P14-15 after slides?

So probably hoping to bring in a good draftee and experience in Baker + Owies.

We're in a literal prison with this gd club. You think we are staring to get back on the rails with some quality decision making at the top and then categorically show we a bush league joke.

morgan-freeman.gif

Yeah nah.

At the end of the day, it's on WC, not Baker.
Nah, he could have agreed to walk. He didn't have to express that he wants Richmond taken care of.

He's happily mortgaged the club's future for his retirement fund.

He's not the prime culprit but he's part of this.

When you consider Owies would've been delisted and Baker isn't worth 14, the answer is yes.
Its frustrating Tuggs but still got to remain positive I guess

Reckon the club judges this draft as fairly even and that 12 is the equivalent as those in the top 10?? :huh:

and they already have an eye on someone they reckon they can get at 12 ??

I am just trying to work this out .....

That is a genuinely disgusting trade.

This club has completely lost it’s way and doesn’t even look close to finding it’s way back.

Making it very hard to continue to support them.

Trying to look at this positively.

WCE have slid down 9 spots in an allegedly solid top 20-30.

9 spots to secure Baker and Owies.

Obviously they see a player they think will still be around for P14-15 after slides?

So probably hoping to bring in a good draftee and experience in Baker + Owies.
There is nothing positive in this.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back