List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Barrass gets done for HF1st , Blues F1st with WC F2nd and F3rd going back.

We hold our own F1st, HF1st and Blues F1st.

2024 pick 12 and 26.

Which of those picks above would Richmond like to move into next year?

Pyke has said wait until after the Barrass trade.

Its obvious we paid overs for Baker. Blatantly obvious.

Do we bring forward our F1st for 10 and 18 and claw back some of the "credits in the bank" from the Baker deal.

Retain two F1st for any trade needs. These F1sts traded in releases our F1st to be traded out.

Hit the draft with 10, 12, 18, 26.

Feel come draft night there will be some back peddling with some of the OTT reactions today.
would be great but i feel the chance we manage to flip barrass for 2xF1s is about 0%

BINGO

Barrass gets done for HF1st , Blues F1st with WC F2nd and F3rd going back.

We hold our own F1st, HF1st and Blues F1st.

2024 pick 12 and 26.

Which of those picks above would Richmond like to move into next year?

Pyke has said wait until after the Barrass trade.

Its obvious we paid overs for Baker. Blatantly obvious.

Do we bring forward our F1st for 10 and 18 and claw back some of the "credits in the bank" from the Baker deal.

Retain two F1st for any trade needs. These F1sts traded in releases our F1st to be traded out.

Hit the draft with 10, 12, 18, 26.

Feel come draft night there will be some back peddling with some of the OTT reactions today.
If that comes to fruition we would be back in the game. Highly unlikely but.

Those expecting 2 first rounders for TB in the hope of saving our dumpster fire of a day are going to be disappointed. I think best case is we get a 1st and a 2nd without anything going back the other way. Worst case...use your imagination.

I'm not sure hawks share our philosophy on life of "we wanted him and told him we wanted him so we have no choice but to pay the price on the ticket".

It just gets harder to keep supporting this club. Even more timid off the field than on it. I agreed with most of the off-field changes and was hopeful for what the future held. Plainly I was wrong…they’ve got no idea and they’re scared.

And now we hear that one of our top 3 rated guys will be available at 12 so the trade’s a great result. Once again our guys insist they’re the smartest guys in the room…all evidence to the contrary unfortunately.

12 hours later, we're all still melted worse than kraft cheese.

Really screwed the goose on this one

Screwed the goose?

Might wanna give that one another spin of the hat.

A lot of you guys need to chill.

This trade between Carlton and Hawthorn is good for everyone.

Eagles want a 1st and 2nd and hawks don't want to pay that. They want to keep a 2nd next year.

Mackenzie has cleverly unlocked an extra 2nd so now we can satisfy Clark with a 1st and 2nd while keeping a 2nd next year

The only difference is that the Eagles get a F1 instead of 14. But that strengthens the possibility of getting Warner next year anyway.

Everyone wins here.

Lol god damn you guys are sensitive.

Apologies, wasn't trying to start anything.

As you were

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screwed the goose?

Might wanna give that one another spin of the hat.
We couldn't organise a piss up in a bathroom,

(It was meant to be a deliberately confused analogy of how bad we've been done here to encapsulate how badly this trade has occurred to infer that Clarke may still be confused he doesn't work for Richmond anymore, but if I have to explain it to you, my brand of posting is clearly too highbrow for the likes of you)

Those expecting 2 first rounders for TB in the hope of saving our dumpster fire of a day are going to be disappointed. I think best case is we get a 1st and a 2nd without anything going back the other way. Worst case...use your imagination.

I'm not sure hawks share our philosophy on life of "we wanted him and told him we wanted him so we have no choice but to pay the price on the ticket".
Maybe we could assist hawthorn by pre-bending over tonight.

would be great but i feel the chance we manage to flip barrass for 2xF1s is about 0%
At least it isn't 1%
Because then I have to work out where my emotions will land.
Either:
giphy.gif

Or:
yw9Bpz.gif

Lol god damn you guys are sensitive.

Apologies, wasn't trying to start anything.

As you were
You're all good dude, this place is like a fish on a hot tin roof right now.

Wanganeen, Curnow, C Rioli, Butters, S Burgoyne, G Williams & J Crabb

Some pretty handy pick 12’s there, not all is lost…

Pick 12 will be 15
Selections of pick 15 this century;

Simon Wiggins
Barry Brookes
Nicholas Smith
Troy Chaplin
Lynden Dunn
Travis Varcoe
Daniel O'Keefe
Robbie Tarrant
Mitch Brown
Christian Howard
Billy Smedts
Brandon Ellis
Taylor Garner
Zak Jones
Jarrod Garlet
Daniel Rioli
Jordan Gallucci
Zac Bailey
Jordan Clark
Cody Weightman
Leek Aleer
Matthew Jefferson
Jordan Croft

We couldn't organise a piss up in a bathroom,

(It was meant to be a deliberately confused analogy of how bad we've been done here to encapsulate how badly this trade has occurred to infer that Clarke may still be confused he doesn't work for Richmond anymore, but if I have to explain it to you, my brand of posting is clearly too highbrow for the likes of you)

Mate, combining idioms isn't rocket surgery, but practice makes the world go round.

I take the point that there are still multiple opportunities to make this trade period even worse for ourselves as there is a 2nd rounder still on the books and god knows what we've "promised" Dev Robertson. But to entertain crazy Dozo on our prospects next year.

F: Long, Waterman, Oweez.
HF: Ryan, Allen, Baker
C: Hutchinson, Reid, Hunt
HB: Maric, Gov, Ginbey
F: Hough, Edwards, Duggan
Fol: Williams/Flynn, Yeo, Kelly
Int: Graham, Hewett, Chesser, Jack Williams, Petruchelle

Depth:

F: Rawlinson, Archer, Cripps
HF: Culley, Jaimeson, Dewar
C: Brockman, Edwards, Johnston
HB: Cole, Bazzo, Rotham
B: - Barnett, -
Fol: Flynn/Williams, Dev Robertson? pick 12, pick 26
Int: Witherden Champion, some other champion I'm sure I've forgotten[Edit: Bah, it was Livingston]

How that first side if fit and well coached doesn't make finals when just about every player in that 22 would be able to make a case to be best 22 in most sides. And the seconds team is pretty much filled with players who have either played, or actually getting regular games at AFL level for us in the past. All sides have weaknesses and we have some too, but that's not team struggling to avoid a wooden spoon.

It's would be ridiculous if we finished bottom 3 next season given this squad. If I'm Pyke and I look at this list I'm surely wondering the same thing. Not that I agree with todays trade, which was just a poor reflection of the values of 3 and 14. But in terms of what its added to the list the 3 recruits plus a fit Hewett basically allow us to take our 4 weakest links out of whats still a pretty talented side.

Last edited:
If Pyke has three strikes and out, he’s used up two and a half after this.

Im curious but would hate to revit this thread in two years time. Honestly feel like the team as a whole will be alot worse off than what it is today. Very depressing how this year was a slight sugar hit after the disaster of 22/23.
What was the first one?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back